About Batman's #1 Rule

BlainCooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is Bruce Wayne's full potential as a crime fighter hindered by his unwillingness to kill?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think so. There's the potential to minimize crime by killing the major players like penguin and two gave and joker and scarecrow, which would be great crime fighting. Sure he always gets the job done, but his job would be over by now if he killed. His day to day performance isn't hindered, but as a crime fighter, yes.

But then again, a crime fighters job can be interpreted as just to fight crime when it shows up, not stop all crime from happening and eliminate it completely. Tough question.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@blaincooper: First off; Welcome to Comic Vine!

Secondly, I hate to break this to you, man, but this forum has another one of these threads created every other week.

Nevertheless; I do believe it's hindered to an extent, but if he did kill, say, the Riddler, he's going to have the entirety of the Gotham P.D on his back. Not to mention the horde of heroes stationed in Gotham that would try to bring him in.

Really, though; the no-kill rule is part of his character and - even though it can be impractical - I wouldn't want him any other way.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By legacy6364

The end will always justify the means. Batman has yet to succeed at making Gotham a better place.

No Caption Provided