A whole MCU? (X-Men included)

meaTman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By meaTman

Does anyone remember about three years ago in a interview with Vin Diesel he said "in 2016 I will be playing another character in the MCU in addition to voicing Groot. Also THER WILL BE A HUGE MERGING OF BRANDS. IT WILL BE SO HUGE NO ONE WILL BE READY FOR IT". The later part of his statement is what I want to focus on.

Now fast forward to 2016. The MCU's first movie, CA:CW, is practically Avengers 2.0 featuring Spiderman! If I'm to understand correctly Thor:Ragnarok will be a HUGE movie basically being Avengers 3.0 featuring several characters from the MCU. RDJ and several others have signed on for several picture contracts but have no more solo outings ahead. Most of Marvels cast have more pics on than books than just how many more solo and the Avengers. So where will they show up? Spread across the whole MCU making a true shared universe.

Now this is just my opinion. Hughe Jackman put out tweet yesterday saying he would be playing Wolverine just one last time. Could this be? Is the merger Vin talked about in 2016, that we see taking place already a complete merger?

I'm at work right now so if anyone could post Huge's tweet or a link to Vin's interview it would be appreciated.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's the thing... Sony and Marvel have always had a stronger relationship than Fox and Marvel, and the only reason that THEY managed to start communicating enough to work together involved Sony's currently lousy financial situation, ASM2s poor (by previous SM movie standards) performance, and North Korea hacking them and releasing communications that showed certain Sony America execs being less than mature about the situation, resulting in a stronger position for Marvel and Sony Japan leaning on their own people to hook up with the Avengers money train.

The only thing Marvel really has now for bargaining to get X-Men re-attached is Fox's desire to produce an X-Men TV series, but more likely they are going to angle for Toy rights instead.

So when will it happen? When Bryan Singer gets bored with it, and they can't replace him with someone that can keep the momentum going.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see that happening. Apocalypse will likely be of the same quality of DoFP or at least the first two X-Men films, Deadpool looks like it may turn out to be fantastic, Gambit... we'll have to wait for Gambit. But Fox is in a good place right now, unlike Sony. Sony needs the money after those hacks.

I think the "one last time" tweet is just for Wolverine 2. I don't see why he would say that and allude to a crossover then not do the next Wolverine.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool:

He's said repeatedly that he wants to do a crossover. I'd personally love to see a WWII crossover involving the Invaders and Shaw's 'project', and it would tie in great to the current Avengers movie and Baron Zemo.

But, he's also said that he's getting too old for the part. Unless they get it together quick, it's not going to happen. (Except maybe an 'Old Man Logan' later.)

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything can happen, but the odds of MARVEL Studios and FOX playing ball together anytime soon is slim to none.

meaTman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

I rather them be separate. I always felt like the X Men should be in their own universe anyway.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@the_stegman: Yea agree, never understood why everyone in the Marvel Universe has faith in Iron Man, captain America & Thor ect... But are frightened of the X-Men.

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait!!!!111!1!1!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

@guru_crack: I guess some don't like to think of the mutants as the "next step in evolution", though it's still hypocritical to hate them and love the FF And other heroes.

At least if they're in a separate universe, the only beings with powers, it's understandable.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@the_stegman: Yea thats what I always thought. DO like the X-Men though.

meaTman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kramotz: I belive it will happen sooner than people realize.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rogueshadow  Moderator

I would love it of they did a similar deal to Sony and Marvel, I just don't see it happening. Then again, I didn't see Spider-man happening so what the f*ck do I know?

That being said, FOX is a very different creature, they are doing very well, they have no need to barter, and I doubt any of them are big enough fans of the franchise that they'd go through the hassle of merging them. I would love it though, the MCU will never be complete due to the lack of the FF and the X-Men.

This new FF is looking so bland, I was with it until the Doom is a blogger garbage... what? I can't rationalise that, Doom as a blogger... sorry, that just isn't Doom, even Toby Kebbell sounded remorseful... but even then I wanted to give it a chance when I watched the trailer, but t it was so damn cliche, there's nothing hooking me to this film at all and a lot turning me off.

I'd love it if we got an Uncanny X-Men movie in the MCU in 2020.