JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

Edited By JonesDeini
No Caption Provided
This was a pleasure to read and. I'm sure in the advent of the Miles Morales reactions many are tired of discussing this issue, but I highly suggest you read this excellent article
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#1  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

please tell me Luke kicked that boy's's ass. just please .
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Primmaster64

Still waiting for an indian like Superman....

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JonesDeini
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
He fully intended too, but I won't spoil it. I'm really going to have to track down that mini series now. The verisimilitude present in the scans I saw for it was amazing. They had an authentic voice that spoke to me and my experience.  
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@JonesDeini said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
He fully intended too, but I won't spoil it. I'm really going to have to track down that mini series now. The verisimilitude present in the scans I saw for it was amazing. They had an authentic voice that spoke to me and my experience.  

ugggh your big words hurt my head. im goin to have to look that up now!!!!! where does everyone on this site get off being smarter than me
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Slightly pissed they never mentioned Blue Beetle or Nightrunner

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@spiderbat87 said:

im gussing that he chalked them up to knock-off the real deal alongside steel and john stewart.
JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JonesDeini
@spiderbat87 said:
Can't please everybody and can't cover all grounds, folk. I'm sure we all have our characters that we're attached to and would've covered. For example, I wouldn't have included Damian or Arana. I would've discussed Static and ICON. 
Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Mega_spidey01

hey, i read the article  and thought it was interesting about the super-heroes  and what people think of them. i hope miles morales turns out to be a  a great character and  a good spider-man.    quote from stan lee - spider-man could be anyone the man or you and that's why spidey has always been my favorite character.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JonesDeini
@Mega_spidey01 said:
hey, i read the article  and thought it was interesting about the super-heroes  and what people think of them. i hope miles morales turns out to be a  a great character and  a good spider-man.    quote from stan lee - spider-man could be anyone the man or you and that's why spidey has always been my favorite character.
First, Love the profile pic. Can't wait for that issue of BP. Love what Liss' doin' on that book.  Secondly, I too hope Miles becomes more than just a publicity stunt. 
ForbushBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ForbushBug
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@spiderbat87 said:
im gussing that he chalked them up to knock-off the real deal alongside steel and john stewart.
Blue Beetle and Nightrunner are far less knock-offs than what Arana's been turned into yet Spider-Girl makes the cut.
JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JonesDeini
@ForbushBug said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@spiderbat87 said:
Blue Beetle and Nightrunner are far less knock-offs than what Arana's been turned into yet Spider-Girl makes the cut.
I don't think he had any intention of making a definitive, end all be all list lol I think he just chose some of his favorite examples or ones that resonated with him. 
Blurred View

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 353

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Blurred View

Nice to read something about diversity in comics that's actually positive. 

I like what the article pointed out about Marvel and Black Panther. It's what I've been saying for awhile. Marvel may not have as many books with non-white leads as DC is about to, but Marvel has shown one hell of a commitment to keeping Black Panther on the shelves. I may not have always liked what they were doing there, but I've got to respect the principle. It's something I would like to see with some of DC's upcoming books, which are going to struggle. 

Johns made me a fan of Cyborg back with the Teen Titans relaunch, so Cyborg's one of the main reasons I'm looking forward to Justice League. Johns definitely does right by that character.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JonesDeini
@Blurred View said:
Nice to read something about diversity in comics that's actually positive.  I like what the article pointed out about Marvel and Black Panther. It's what I've been saying for awhile. Marvel may not have as many books with non-white leads as DC is about to, but Marvel has shown one hell of a commitment to keeping Black Panther on the shelves. I may not have always liked what they were doing there, but I've got to respect the principle. It's something I would like to see with some of DC's upcoming books, which are going to struggle.  Johns made me a fan of Cyborg back with the Teen Titans relaunch, so Cyborg's one of the main reasons I'm looking forward to Justice League. Johns definitely does right by that character.
Agree I also like how they continue to give a War Machine solo a shot as well. And Misty Knight taking a step up with Villains for Hire is a good look as well. I hope all those books become success or at the very least tell great stories. I just wish that Cage was more effective in Thunderbolts. It irks me how he's written in that book. 
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Nerx
@Primmaster64 said:
Still waiting for an indian like Superman....
 wait no more
 wait no more
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Primmaster64
@Nerx: LOL OF COURSE! Now....what about a Native American Superman?
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Nerx
@Primmaster64:  
      Tadaa!
      Tadaa!
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Primmaster64
@Nerx: LMAO!
Blurred View

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 353

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Blurred View
@JonesDeini said:
Agree I also like how they continue to give a War Machine solo a shot as well. And Misty Knight taking a step up with Villains for Hire is a good look as well. I hope all those books become success or at the very least tell great stories. I just wish that Cage was more effective in Thunderbolts. It irks me how he's written in that book. 
I'm the same with Thunderbolts. I really liked that Parker was going to use him there, but it hasn't been as big as I was expecting. Besides a couple of good issues, I'm kind of underwhelmed with Luke's role in that book. I like that Misty Knight has taken ownership of Heroes for Hire too. It really fits well. My interest in that book is falling, though. I think it could stand to get a new creative team.
JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JonesDeini
@Blurred View said:
@JonesDeini said:
I'm the same with Thunderbolts. I really liked that Parker was going to use him there, but it hasn't been as big as I was expecting. Besides a couple of good issues, I'm kind of underwhelmed with Luke's role in that book. I like that Misty Knight has taken ownership of Heroes for Hire too. It really fits well. My interest in that book is falling, though. I think it could stand to get a new creative team.
I've been loving Songbird in charge in the past few issues. It's really worked out great and it's about time she was given a true leadership position on the team. I saw a preview for 163 and honestly got disappointed  when I saw Luke. I'm am Glad that Walker's back. Shalvey's art makes me a sad Jonesy :(