A super power that confuses you?

MissMystique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I have always wanted to yield the power to manipulate Reality. But after stumbling across Paradox Manipulation, I was confused as to how Reality manipulation really works. What can a user achieve with this? What are some examples/techniques? What is a super power that confuses you?

blackwolf0925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

For me it would be some of the skills in Medaka Box manga series. Some of them just leave me scratching my head in how they work.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Primez0ne
I know it has something to do with fate deflection but I'm still confused about his powers.(Kabuto from Psyren)
I know it has something to do with fate deflection but I'm still confused about his powers.(Kabuto from Psyren)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

HxH powers

Avatar image for bossdarksied355
Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot strength

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

Seth from The Authority was pretty confusing.

The guy had 1204 different superpowers, alot of them didn't even have names.

Some that it named off

• X-Ray Super Strength
  • Rainbow Vison
  • Speed-Squared
  • Shame Vison
  • Nuclear Poop Vison
Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

A few of the Brotherhood of Dada's(II) powers are slightly confusing.

No Caption Provided

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jasonhawke

The Flash's Speed Force.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madara's powers after he becomes the Ten-tails' jinchuuriki

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MatteoPG

After volume 50, some of Naruto's stuff about altering reality. Sentry. Come on, he can do anything and the contrary of anything.

Any time traveler in comic books makes no sense... the rules change constantly and they seem to have an amazing control of it at times, and others it just makes you think that they could just use it way more intelligently.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By ZeroPlus

@matteopg said:

After volume 50, some of Naruto's stuff about altering reality. Sentry. Come on, he can do anything and the contrary of anything.

Any time traveler in comic books makes no sense... the rules change constantly and they seem to have an amazing control of it at times, and others it just makes you think that they could just use it way more intelligently.

This

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: flash speed force make more sense to me than superman ... i would think it works like the warp drive on the starship enterprise creating a warp field allowing him to bend the rules of physics achieving high speeds

...Really?

DeeRock313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super durability. Does everyone with super strength have it? I know you need stronger joints to be able to lift past a certain point, but aren't there some heroes who get super strength and durability without any explanation of how they got the durability? Or heroes with the strength that DON'T have durability?

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super durability. Does everyone with super strength have it? I know you need stronger joints to be able to lift past a certain point, but aren't there some heroes who get super strength and durability without any explanation of how they got the durability? Or heroes with the strength that DON'T have durability?

Ultra Boy has both but can only use one at a time, Luke Cage has higher durability with some strength most likely due to his dense skin, Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara!! has super-strength but continually broke his body as a kid until his body healed back even strong enough to deal with his power.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it would be some of the skills in Medaka Box manga series. Some of them just leave me scratching my head in how they work.

Both of these and all of the random powers from Watashi no Messiah sama and D. Gray Man.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By _Gaff_

Domino's power took me a while to understand.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw this one scan in N52 Justice League. Superman flicked in the air and created a huge boom. I don't get it.

Runnerup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@missmystique: I'm currently disliking reality manipulation because it's every power. It's all the powers needed to make something about the universe not true. Kinda feels like it ruins the idea of six infinity gems. The same goes for the power gem. Maybe it shoulda been mind, soul, space, time, mass, force.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every superpower in manga ever.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Flash, everyone involved with Flash (Zoom, Mirror Master, Cpt. Boomerang, Top, Weather Wizard, etc.).

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Intangibility.

Are you still affected by gravity when you're intangible? If so, why do you not sink right into the ground upon becoming intangible? Do you make the soles of your feet tangible so this doesn't happen? Can I step on your feet while you're in the pseudo-intangible state? What else are you unaffected by while intangible? Temperature? Electricity? Elemental attacks? Mental attacks?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

POWER COSMIC! WTF.

Bamapecan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Witch

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@_gaff_ said:

Domino's power took me a while to understand.

This. I'm still not exactly sure what she does. Same goes for Scarlet Witch.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Madara's powers after he becomes the Ten-tails' jinchuuriki

Like what power......Madara was too busy getting knocked around by Guy lol.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

power mimicry how do some superheroes like rogue master it.

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squirrel Girl. What even is her power?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the_stegman  Moderator

Anything that manipulates probability. So Domino's powers or Black Cat's "bad luck" etc, etc. What does that even mean?? How effective is it?

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloakx14: different characters have different ways of absorbing powers. Absorbing peoples abilities is a byproduct of her power to absorb life force which is everything a person consist of.

Any way id say technopathy. This power doesnt make sense because a person cant develop the ability to control machines because they are man made. Thats like having the abilities to control cups. It would only make sense it the persons brain wasnt like our and more machine. But their should be no way the human brain should make a connection to something that was invented

Topace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Topace

@hyperlight: I always thought of technopathy as more of a complex electric manipulation. Them just sending different electrical signals through the machine telling them what to do.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

time manipulators, there are more than one, and they would all be doing it at the same time. The ones who are not effected by time stop would notice time stopping every 2 seconds. that and reality warpers, would the others notice someone else warping reality?

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@topace: its way to specific for electronic manipulation. I dont think a human brain could manipulate machines unless its mind was just like a machine but ya know its comics lol

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Time travel cough X-Men Cough

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Witch

I'm glad I'm not the only one. :/

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@infamous_wolf: That shadow power crap. That was so confusing...

oh you mean Limb...Rimbo? Whatever its called. Basically Madara uses invisible clones that after a certain amount of time return to his body. What confuses me a times is Sasuke's Rinnegan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Cable's powers, whatever they are.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infamous_wolf: Is that all there is to it? Hmm. Yeah Sasuke's Sharinnegan confuses me too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Blue Marvel's antimatter powers.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Black Cat's luck manipulation.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama's Super strength, Super speed and reflexes. From just doing a 100 push-ups and sit-ups. And also how he can survive in space even though he's human....

TheWhiteCrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheWhiteCrown

The magic possessed by the Witches of Umineko no Naku Koro ni, more specifically Beatrice and Lambdadelta. Ever power possessed by Haruko Haruhara in FLCL. Superman's Apparent inability to be recognized as Clark Kent by facial recognition and just people in general (that psychology excuse is ridiculous)

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DBVSE7

Batmans. . Oh wait.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's Apparent inability to be recognized as Clark Kent by facial recognition and just people in general (that psychology excuse is ridiculous)

I love Superman and I understand what they did with the identity thing... but this holds true, I think. Even with the "nobody evene xpects Superman to have a civilian identity" thing, it's a little hard to defend.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MatteoPG

@matteopg said:

@thewhitecrown said:

Superman's Apparent inability to be recognized as Clark Kent by facial recognition and just people in general (that psychology excuse is ridiculous)

I love Superman and I understand what they did with the identity thing... but this holds true, I think. Even with the "nobody evene xpects Superman to have a civilian identity" thing, it's a little hard to defend.

when was the last time someone reported a serial killer ?? these guys kill heaps of people and people just think there dedicated gardeners working late a night digging holes, if crazies like that can murder over 20+ people before getting caught why not superman when it comes to saving people ..... although you would think those closest to superman and clark would work it out....

You serious? Are you saying that the face of serial killers is plastered on every news feed and pictures all over the internet while they do their serial killing? Well, I guess that would make it pretty easy to recognize.
(also, real serial killers are pretty rare...)

If a face that is commonly known like Superman's (in real world terms, let's say Brad Pit's or Kim Kardashian's) would start showing up in random places, people would notice, snap pics with their phones, post them all over the social networks. Come one, you have a lot of people posting pictures of random strangers on the streets just because they look like somebody famous or dress in a weird way.

Superman's image is well burned into the corneas of every living soul in the world (or at least the US, where he is more active). And Clark Kent's is at least somehow known, with him working in the media and having an actual social identity. More people should notice. And we're talking about a hyper-technological world (DC universe, I mean), where face recognition softwares work as if they are intelligent and there are spy agencies around every corner.

And obviously, everyone who knows Clark in person and meets him regularly should have had at least a serious doubt. Have you tried changing your hairstyle, slouching and wearing glasses to avoid being recognized? I did. It doesn work ;)