• 76 results
#1 Edited by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello everyone, I wanted to wait until June to create this thread, I wanted to wait till the new X-Men title comes by Brian Wood and the new Superman series and the new Batman and superman series that’s coming out. Then I thought to myself why wait till June, if I like those titles I can rank them later on.

We also talk about what we think is better, is it the New 52 or Marvel Now. How about we find out by ranking those titles. You also can rank any titles that your reading at the moment, whether it’s from it Marvel or DC, or from any of comic company like Top Cow and Dark Horse etc.

So I created this ranking system where we can find out.

12 points : Goes to are favourite titles, the titles that we think are the best.

9 points : Goes to the titles, that we think are very good and we like them a lot.

6 points: Goes to the titles, that we like and that we think are good titles,

3 Points : Goes to titles, that we think are ok, that are average at best.

Here is my ranking system

12 points :

9 points :

6 points :

3 points :

I appreciate if you guys could take part, you can rank as many titles as you like. Please only rank titles that are out this year, not titles that ended last year. You also can rank any titles that are coming out later in the year e.g. the new superman series.

#2 Edited by Bruxae (14004 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Alright, I have 5 titles on my pull list and I like them all to one degree or another so I will rank them. By the way, your post says to give the ones we like the most 2 pts but you gave yours 12, I assume its a spelling error. Might want to fix it. :)

12 pts:

• Justice League
  • Batman

9 pts:

• Superman

6 pts:

• Wonder Woman
  • Red Lanterns
#3 Edited by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

My mistake

#4 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

@time: Alright, I have 5 titles on my pull list and I like them all to one degree or another so I will rank them. By the way, your post says to give the ones we like the most 2 pts but you gave yours 12, I assume its a spelling error. Might want to fix it. :)

12 pts:

• Justice League
  • Batman

9 pts:

• Superman

6 pts:

• Wonder Woman
  • Red Lanterns

Thanks for letting me know about my spelling mistake. I hate when that happens.

#5 Edited by AllStarSuperman (22210 posts) - - Show Bio

12 pts:

• Nightwing
  • Hit-Girl/Kick-Ass 3 (its supposed to be out)

9 pts:

• Earth 2
  • Captain America

6 pts:

• Smallville Season 11
  • Action Comics
#6 Edited by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

Why has my other thread been locked.

#8 Posted by i_like_swords (15809 posts) - - Show Bio

12 Points

• Captain America

9 Points

• Hawkeye
  • Deadpool
  • GOTG

6 Points

• New Avengers
#9 Edited by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

12 points:

Batman, Superior Spider-Man, All New X-Men, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Batgirl, The Flash, Justice League, Savage Wolverine, Uncanny Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy

9 points:

Captain America, Earth 2, Action Comics, Aquaman, Justice League Dark, Batman Inc., Phantom Stranger, Constantine, Uncanny X-Men, Justice League of America, Daredevil, Nova

6 points:

Uncanny X-Force, Thor, A+X, Batman & Robin, Nova, Red Hood, Nightwing

#10 Edited by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and I always thought New 52 is better than Marvel Now, but maybe that's because I like DC better

#11 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

The new 52 has some quality titles, but I have always like Marvel more, cause of the X-Men titles. I'm a huge X-Men fan. The New 52 has had head start on Marvel now. So I'm interested to read what people think. I like to know which is better and how other titles are doing from other comic companies. I hope more people take part so we can find out.

#12 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: I do love the X-Men A LOT but overall I like DC better than Marvel. I'm interested in finding out too! I'll check out your other ranking system post

#13 Edited by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

The other one I created yesterday got locked for some reason. I did one for the X-Men a couple of months ago. I send you the link.

#14 Edited by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: I do love the X-Men A LOT but overall I like DC better than Marvel. I'm interested in finding out too! I'll check out your other ranking system post

Not a huge fan of the Avengers, although I started to like Uncanny Avengers, only cause Rogue join the team.

#15 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Just going off recent stuff that I peeped

12 Points: Bravest Warriors

6 to 9: Black Bat, Earth 2 and Catwoman

#16 Edited by RIKR2 (11290 posts) - - Show Bio

12 pts:

Batman

All New X-Men

Uncanny Avengers

Justice League

Uncanny X-men

9 pts:

Deadpool

Superman

Gambit

Nightwing

6 pts:

Too many :P

3 pts

AxX

Wonder Woman

#17 Posted by McKlayn (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

12 pt Titles

Uncanny X men, All New X men, The Walking Dead

9 pt titles

Batman, Thor, Gambit, Hawkeye, Red Hood & The Outlaws, New Avengers, Winter Soldier, Cable & X force

6 pt titles

Hulk, Ironman, Daredevil, Alpha, Fearless Defenders, Avengers, Deadpool, Batman and Robin, Superior Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Nova, Uncanny X force, Uncanny Avengers

3 pt titles

Nightwing, Captian America, Secret Avengers, X men, X men Legacy, Green Arrow, Batman Inc, Superboy, Teen Titans

Less then 3 pts but sadly i still read them :D

Wolverine & The X men, Avengers Arena, Young Avengers, Astonishing X men, thunderbolts, A + X, Injustice

and Yes i do read all these titles, now that i have listed them it seems kind of sad lol

#18 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

For my titles:

12 Pts:

- Hawkeye

- Batman

- Nightwing

- Uncanny Avengers

- New Avengers

- All New X-men

9pts:

- Deadpool

- Avengers

- Justice League

6pts:

- Age Of Ultron

- Suicide Squad

- Avengers Arena- Talon

#19 Posted by MistressOfTheElements (514 posts) - - Show Bio

12 Points<3:

Uncanny Avengers

New Avengers

Justice League

Batman

Captain America

9 Points<3:

Hawk Eye

Avengers

Dead Pool

6 Points:

Red Hood, Thor, Age Of Ultron..

#20 Edited by The_Tree (7731 posts) - - Show Bio

12:

All-Star Western, Batman and Robin, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Chew, Invincible, The Legend of Luther Strode, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Indestructible Hulk, Secret Avengers

9:

Aquaman, Batman Incorporated, Batwoman, Earth 2, Talon, East of West, The Walking Dead, Avengers, New Avengers, Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man, X-Factor

6:

Animal Man, Batwing, The Green Team: Teen Trillionaires, Justice League, Justice League of America, Justice League of America's Vibe, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Threshold, Suicide Squad, Scarlet Spider

3:

Batman

#21 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm suprised not many people have taking part this thread. I mean don't people want to find out what the best titles of 2013 are. See if marvel is doing better than dc or another way around.

#22 Posted by AustinHasten (218 posts) - - Show Bio

What is the significance of the numbers? Why not 1 point, 2 points, 3 points, 4 points?

#23 Posted by Mucklefluga (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: What's the current leaderboard?

#24 Edited by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

@austinhasten: It's just easier that way, giving people and option of giving 12 points or 9 points is a lot more fun. I hope you take part,

#25 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

@mucklefluga: I haven't work that out yet. I'm waiting 4 more people to take part. I hope u take part.

#26 Posted by RedLantern23 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

12 Points: Batman, Daredevil

9 Points: Venom, Green Lantern, Aquaman

6 Points: Deadpool

3 Points: Thunderbolts

#27 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@time:

12 Points:

All New X-Men

Uncanny X-Men

X-Men

Fearless Defenders

Avengers Arena

9 Points:

Uncanny X-Force

X-Factor

Young Avengers

Astonishing X-Men

Scarlet Spider

6 Points:

X-Men Legacy

Wolverine and the X-Men

3 Points:

Avengers

Cable and X-Force

Gambit

#29 Posted by Mucklefluga (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Definitely! I'll do my list later.

#30 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to give Brian Wood X-Men 12 points.

#31 Edited by AustinHasten (218 posts) - - Show Bio

∞ Points:

Swamp Thing (Pre New 52)

4 Points:

Swamp Thing (New 52)

Batman (New 52)

3 Points:

Batman (Pre New 52)

All-Star Western

Talon

Animal Man

Constantine (Probably a 4 after it's got some more issues under its belt)

Aquaman

Batwoman

Demon Knights

Phantom Stranger

2 Points:

Supergirl

1 Point:

Green Arrow

Wonder Woman

-09870987 points:

Flash

Most of these are actually on my pull list, but some of them I've actually only gotten my hands on a few issues.

#32 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

@austinhasten: can you stick to points I suggested, otherwise that will get confusing. So it's 12, 9, 6 and 3 points. Also I only want people to rank titles that are out this year, nothing before the new 52 will count.

#33 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4715 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: I don't think I read as many books regularly as some people here, but here's my two cents anyway:

12 points : Goes to are favourite titles, the titles that we think are the best.

I think Uncanny Avengers, Hawkeye, Daredevil, and Wood's X-men (the vol. that just ended and the one that just started) have been the books I've most enjoyed and become most interested in. All of them just have great stories and great character dynamics.

9points : Goes to the titles, that we think are very good and we like them a lot.

I'm really liking the new Illuminati story in New Avengers right now. Very epic, and I'm really digging the interactions between the cast (though, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that side of it).

6 points: Goes to the titles, that we like and that we think are good titles,

For me, Wolverine and the X-men, All-new X-men, and Uncanny X-men (which is probably the best of the three right now) are sort of guilty pleasures. I don't recommend any of them very highly, but I have personally enjoyed all of them in their own way.

3 Points : Goes to titles, that we think are ok, that are average at best.

I've enjoyed the stories in Avengers that focused on Hyperion, and I've liked how Thor, Hawkeye, and Dr.Spider-pus have been used in the series, but overall, I've been not as into this book as I would have thought. A bit disappointing from a book with so many great characters, but some issues are okay. I've also been pretty bored with Captain Marvel, though I am interested to see how this Enemy Within story line plays out.

#34 Edited by JulieDC (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

12 Points: Justice League (and by extension Shazam)

9 Points: The Flash, Superman

6 Points: Nightwing, Red Hood and the Outlaws, and Action Comics

3 Points: Teen Titans

#35 Edited by RazzaTazz (9676 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Is it only for ongoing series?

Moderator Online
#36 Edited by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

@razzatazz: Yes only titles that out now, if it was 4 stories than I think that 4 another thread. Just rank titles that are out now.

#37 Posted by RazzaTazz (9676 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Oh but I mean does it include miniseries of a fixed length?

Moderator Online
#38 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

@razzatazz: sure, you rank any titles that are out now whether there ongoing or a miniseries.

#39 Posted by RazzaTazz (9676 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: I will have to think about this, my initial reaction would be some from Zenescope and some from Dynamite and Mind the Gap, and then descending for Dc and Marvel properties.

Moderator Online
#40 Edited by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

@razzatazz: take your time, you can rank anything that your reading, as long as it is out this year.

#41 Edited by Samuel_Simmons (171 posts) - - Show Bio

A list:

Batman

East of West

Daredevil

Daredevil: End of Days

B list:

Demon Knights

Phantom Stranger

Swamp thing

Constantine

Whistling Skull

All-Star Western

Talon

C list:

Animal Man

Aquaman

Justice League of America

Justice League of America's Vibe

#42 Edited by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

So A is 12 points and so on. Can people please stick to points of ranking system.

#43 Edited by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

points are 12, 9, 6 and 3 points.

#44 Posted by TheJedinator13 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Just Saying I think the new NOVA series definatley deserves 12 points

#45 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejedinator13: you can rank more titles that you read, you can give them 12, 9, 6, or 3 points. The Titles have to be out this year, not last year.

#46 Edited by Hanson724 (565 posts) - - Show Bio

12pts:

Batman

Saga

Bloodshot

Uncanny X-Men

Green Lantern

9pts:

Scarlet Spider

Venom

GL Corps

GL New Guardians

Captain America

Shadowman

XO Manowar

Uncanny Avengers

All New X-Men

Green Arrow

Guardians of the Galaxy

East of West

Thor

The Wake

Aquaman

6pts:

Red Lanterns

Flash

Batman TDK

X-Men

Masks

Star Wars

Justice League of America

Supergirl ( still the best "super" book out there.)

Daredevil Dark Nights

Harbinger

3pts:

Thanos Rising

Sherlock Holmes and Liverpool Demon

and He-man ( shhhh don't tell anyone) not very good but its only 2 issues in so hopefully it'll pick up otherwise bye bye Eternia.

I've probably missed a couple but I'm doing this off the top of my head and I realized I pull a lot of comics.

#47 Posted by DMXN (93 posts) - - Show Bio

12:

Flash

Indestructible Hulk

Thor

Batman

Scarlet Spider

Captain America

Deadpool

Injustice

9:

Superior Spider-Man

Savage Wolverine

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man

Nova

Batman & Robin

Thanos Rising

6:

All New X-Men

Nightwing

Wolverine and the X-Men

Justice League

3:

Avengers-Arena

Avengers

Thunderbolts

Green Lantern

#48 Edited by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

From the results so far, these are the most popular titles of 2013

1) Batman

2) All New X-Men

3) Justice League

4) Uncanny Avengers

5) Deadpool

6) Uncanny X-Men

Hawkeye and Captain America follow those titles above.

While DC have the number 1 spot, Marvel seem to have better quality titles out right now. Other comic companes like top Cow, image and Dark Horse have a few titles that make the ranking system, but not many. If your fan of Top Cow/Image or Dark House, it would nice for u to rank some of there titles, so it would be fairer.

#49 Edited by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

12 points- Manhattan Projects (seriously why hasn't this title been talked about more on this site and every other comic book website on the internet?), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, New Avengers, FF, Hawkeye, Journey Into Mystery

9 points- East of West, Ten Grand, Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova, Detective Comics, Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Green Lantern, Batman

6 points- Fantastic Four

3 points- Justice League, Justice League of America, Jupiter's Legacy.

Really guys go buy Manhattan Projects.

#50 Posted by Samuel_Simmons (171 posts) - - Show Bio

That's poop. The current version of Marvel is total garbage. There are only a handful of titles that are good.