A penny for your thoughts [Current: Superman, Multiversity]

Vold0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vold0

Blog moved to http://www.comicvine.com/dc-comics/4010-10/forums/a-penny-for-your-thoughts-1600287/#0

Vold0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So my first post comes after a few solid days of reading, I hope I don't overwhelm people with the amount of stuff I've written here. Basically you can skip it all if you like and just read the latest blog entries ;)

So my latest:

"26/Aug:

Finished Shazzam. AMAZING. So far it was the most surprising hero i have read about, since I really felt like I was a part of it from the beginning - plus the very compelling background story. Can't wait for his own title to come out!

27/Aug:

Finished reading Zero Year. EXCELLENT. Made me finally feel connected to the New 52 Batman, at long last. It's my own superhero now too, not just for those who've been following it for ages. Great storytelling, in all the story lines delivered so far. Zero Year was my favourite, due to the insight into Batman, Wayne and Gordon. Thought the Zero Year stories in other isses - overall - were useless though. Still enjoyed Nightwing's and Green Arrows' ones. Who should I be thanking for this amazing drive? Is it Snyder, Capullo, or someone else?

Also finished Nightwing. Didn't like the way they ended the story, or this whole new world of a team hunting down masked heroes, mainly because it means leaving behind most of the back story and personal drama which I liked so much about Nightwing. I'll give Grayson a shot though, seems like a nice break from the usual superhero shenanigans.

Final thought: after having gone through quite a bit of comic books in such a small amount of time, I have to say I feel overwhelmed. Too much info, stories to keep track of. I could probably reread it all over again and not remember many details. It's the tradeoff between the hunger of wanting to find out what happens next and being able to soak it all in and enjoy it (though I hope that will happen once I'm up to date with all the titles I wish to keep track of... though will that ever happen?)"

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is really cool! I wish I had made something like this when I first started comics.

Vold0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks a lot @kittyparker13 ! Appreciate the encouragement. It's basically my way of dealing with the overwhelming amount of info the world of comics gives me... trying to keep my mind organized through excel lol

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool idea man. I like it.

And I DEMAND my penny!

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice thing you got going on here.

Vold0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for your support @jmarshmallow and @jayc1324! Have you guys read Grayson yet? Opinions? Just finished reading the first two issues, and here's my take on it.

28/Aug: Nightwing has been, so far, my biggest positive surprise in the DC universe. Didn't know he existed and quickly became a fan for the strong backstories and story arcs in the New 52 issues. Despite my annoyance at DC for killing him, I was very curious to see how Grayson turns out. First impression: terrible cover for the 1st issue. Second, after 2 issues, I still don't really understand what the heck those stomachs he's after are. Although I thoroughly enjoy the theme of a more down-to-earth title than the ones with masked crusaders - for now it seems like the team is being too obvious to make Dick look as the awesome cool dude instead of exploring how rough the transition had to be for him (the calls to Batman are not enough to explore it, imo). Nonetheless, I'm quite hopeful regarding the long-term potential of the series, despite a start I disliked.

I must say it has been the biggest disappointment for me since I started reading comics, probably cause I liked Nightwing so much and I'm still kinda sulking at all the potential stories with Batgirl and Sonia Zucco that will now never happen.

Really curious to hearing the forum's take on this.

Vold0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vold0

28/Aug (part 2): Continuing with Batman storylines, dwelved into Robin Rises, following the Batman and Robin title after Requiem. Issue #18 was outstanding, the Two-face Dent arc was meh but Robin Rises is simply brilliant. I loved how they somehow even joined it with what's happening with Batman/Superman in their Omega issue. #34 is excellent, with amazing insight scenes into the intimacy of the Bat family. Can't wait for the next issues.

Speaking of Batman/Superman, I read #13 and I loved it. For some reason the simple and "reset" episode struck a positive nerve with me. Somehow by having Bruce and Clark not remember their past makes us learn so much more about their personality. The artwork complemented the story's dream-like feeling in outstanding fashion; this comes from someone who thoroughly disliked Jae Lee's art style.