totoroshaped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By totoroshaped

"My common sense is tingling."

So I had some time to read comics again and in the face of Superman's new arc "Truth", I was curageous enough to try something new.

I've literally never been a fan of Supes. In fact, I thought he was a boring superhero. Turns out that Superman is much more appealing to me when he's not able to channel his whole power. After getting hooked on the mentioned arc by the Batman/Superman Sneak Peek, I did some research and found somebody suggesting some lead-ins to Supes' Truth.

• Superman #40
  • Action Comics Sneak Peek
  • Batman/Superman Sneak Peek (that's the one that directed my attention to the "new" Superman)
  • Superman/Wonder Woman Sneak Peek

So I read all of them and was amazed. I never really thought I'd like this but I did. It was further suggested to read Geoff Johns' Superman run if one liked the mentioned lead-ins. So I did that too.

• Superman #32-39

It was a really good read; very tragic and emotional. If you didn't read it, I suggest you do! I never looked at Superman that way... But I guess I'm just not familiar with him.

I'm looking forward to

• Action Comics #41
  • Batman/Superman #21
  • Superman/Wonder Woman #18
  • Superman #41

Action Comics and Batman/Superman is written by Greg Pak so I have no doubt that I'll love these books. I'm curious about the other two.

Also worth noting:

So I'm not even worried I might not like the books Superman/Wonder Woman & Superman. Lucky me.

I'll also check out Superman: Doomed, the cover of ish #1 looked breathtakingly cool.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I also managed to read some tiny bits of Deadpool:

• Deadpool #17
  • Amazing Spider-Man #47 (yes, not really Deadpool but if you read Pool's Classic you know it belongs here)

Ish #17 was really cool. I got to know more about Landau, Luckman & Lake and their intentions as well as the ruthlessness of Zoe's boss. Pool also finally makes his mind up and tries to fix what he has broken in the previous issues. Very promising. F*** you, Ajax for ruining their moment.

I also read half of the Deadpool & Death Annual which finally seems to deliver the origin story I craved for. Unfortunately I had to get up pretty early today, so I couldn't finish it.

Furthermore I'll have to read some Justice League, since I really want to read the new arc Darkseid War. The art looks so amazing... If no other plans get in my way, I'll start reading Justice League this evening:

• Justice League #01-06
  • Forever Evil #01-07
  • Justice League #30-33
  • Justice League #40

Enough with the jabbering for today. I'm sure I'll harass you guys again soon!