A look back at Comic Book Movies of 2013

Avatar image for ultimatejonathan
UltimateJonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

2013 is coming to a close, and now is the time to reflect on what has happen this year in comic book movies. 2013 has been without a doubt a year of polarizing opinions: you either liked Man of Steel or you didn't, you either liked Iron Man 3 or you didn't, you either liked Thor 2 or you didn't. Now that time has passed, what are your final verdicts on any comic book films that came out this year that you had seen?

Avatar image for the_master_of_darkness
The_Master_of_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm firmly on the pro-Man of Steel side. While I enjoyed the Donner movies, I was one of those people who never really liked Superman and was skeptical of their ability to make him interesting on screen. Man of Steel wasn't only a good Superman movie, it was a good superhero movie. It was the Superman film I always wanted.

I liked Iron Man 3, but it had some serious flaws. Most of all, I think they tried to shoe-in too much humor, especially in the final scene. That said, I still really enjoyed it and thought it was a great end to the story. I just hope it is the end and they don't make any more without a reboot.

I liked, Thor 2, but it was easily my least favorite superhero movie this year. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it when I saw it, but it seemed to drag
in places and it didn't feel as complete as the first movie did. I'm not talking about the ending, either. More that it felt half-baked. I saw the twists coming, which I do a lot anyway, but I think they were really broadcasted too much. That said, I didn't hate the movie and I'm looking forward to Thor 3.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We've had this thread like a billion times already.