A Hulk sequel isn't happening and here is why

Connect_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As much as I would like to have faith in Marvel, it is time to face facts. The cold hard fact is that there will not be a sequel to 2008's Incredible Hulk. I know it hurts and it pisses ya'll off, but I felt the same way ya'll are feeling now. But, a sequel to the Incredible Hulk isn't happening. If it done, then I will be the first to say I am wrong. However, it is mostly likely isn't the case. The Incredible Hulk may have gotten good praise, but we all should know that is doesn't mean anything to the studios. All that matters is money. If a film bombs, guess what happens? A sequel will not be made whats so ever. The same goes for Dredd. Dredd as much of a good film it was didn't make any money. What ya'll need to realize is the fact that comic book fans and nostalgic movie fans are in the minority. The majority is the jocks, hipsters, and other people who follow trends. I am sorry that I got off topic but, I had to bring some type of realization of how these film studios operate. The Incredible Hulk didn't make the money Marvel Studios needed so, they had to pull the plug on a sequel. The same goes for any movie Marvel makes. If it does make money, then there is no sequel. All the character of Bruce Banner/Hulk will be is a prop in the Avengers films since he tested positive will audiences.

I will also give ya'll a bonus possible answer on why they got rid of Ed Norton. The reason i believe they got rid of Ed Norton was the fact that he was rewriting or tampering with the film. Even though he wasn't credited with writing, he had some part in. And, I guess the powers at be didn't like it so, they got rid of him and recast him. Another possible reason could be that some people didn't like Ed Norton in the role. Yes, there were people who didn't like the film. I think these are the possible closest reasons I can think of.