A few questions on "Superior" Spider-man. And, yes, this does have major spoilers.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Bystander

Did Parker endanger a little girls life to get his body back, or Octavius made him believe so?

In Superior Spider-man #8 when Octavius (in Parkers body) is going to start operating a child with severe brain damage, his hand begin shaking because ol' Spidey trying to prevent the operation. Why? Peter says "I woun't let you do this! I don't know if you can!". Well then... this makes sence. Doesn't it?

No Caption Provided

Still, in #9 when the remaining memory's of Peter Parker clash in a fight-for-all with Doctor Otto Octavius, he wins by using the argument that Spidey's "enterference" almost causted that girls life, and makes him say it out loud...

No Caption Provided

So, the question is: did Parker beleive he did that under Ock's presure, or did he realy put someone's life in stake to return his body?! I personally can't beleive that.

If Octavius was in Spider-man's body before the Age of Ultron event begun, how did he manage to play out Peter Parker so good back there, while being saved by Hawkeye?

This one will be shorter. In Age of Ultron #1-2 why does the guy under the mask behave like our friendly neighberhood?

No Caption Provided

However, he was completely different in SSM #6 AU.

No Caption Provided

Now thanks for the attention, sorry for the bothering, and think a litle bit of what I was talking about recent half-hour so that your opinion appears in the comments )

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I can answer the second one, Age of Ultron the script was written a couple years ago and there was no inclusion of SupeSpider Man but to try to connect it in the SupeSpiderman Series they made him SupeSpider for that one issue just a continuity screw up.

The first question is more of an opinion question

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can answer the second one, Age of Ultron the script was written a couple years ago and there was no inclusion of SupeSpider Man but to try to connect it in the SupeSpiderman Series they made him SupeSpider for that one issue just a continuity screw up.

The first question is more of an opinion question

Now I get it... thanks!

Still, what is your opinion on the first one? Just curious.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JonSmith

Keep in mind, that's not Peter. It's Peter's memories. Think about how you looked back at something when you were younger. How something that would have blown you away as a child now fails to cause so much as a dull 'Meh' now that you're an adult. Or how at one point you trusted someone completely, after they lie once, you look back at things with a new eye and find things that seem suspicious, that you never would have questioned before your trust was broken. A different perception can change everything.

Otto is a very different person from Peter. So when the sum total of Peter's memories, which at first are nothing more or less than what Peter was as a person, are brought to Otto's attention, he looks at these memories differently. At that point, Otto was aware of the Fragment of Peter's Consciousness, and because it's nothing more than memories, it changes from Otto's perception: What once Peter would have done selflessly (i.e., trying to stop that operation because he fears Otto may harm the girl) when Otto confronts him, Otto views those memories the way HE wants to see them: And he wants to see them as Peter trying to selfishly save himself, partially because it lends credence to his superiority, partially because that's what Otto himself would do. Because it's nothing more than memory, that's what it see's itself doing, and says so.

Same memories, different perception, different result.

No, Peter wouldn't have done that for that reason. But it's what Otto would have done. It's what Otto can understand. It's what Otto can believe. So it's what the Fragment believes.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bystander

@jonsmith said:

Keep in mind, that's not Peter. It's Peter's memories. Think about how you looked back at something when you were younger. How something that would have blown you away as a child now fails to cause so much as a dull 'Meh' now that you're an adult. Or how at one point you trusted someone completely, after they lie once, you look back at things with a new eye and find things that seem suspicious, that you never would have questioned before your trust was broken. A different perception can change everything.

Otto is a very different person from Peter. So when the sum total of Peter's memories, which at first are nothing more or less than what Peter was as a person, are brought to Otto's attention, he looks at these memories differently. At that point, Otto was aware of the Fragment of Peter's Consciousness, and because it's nothing more than memories, it changes from Otto's perception: What once Peter would have done selflessly (i.e., trying to stop that operation because he fears Otto may harm the girl) when Otto confronts him, Otto views those memories the way HE wants to see them: And he wants to see them as Peter trying to selfishly save himself, partially because it lends credence to his superiority, partially because that's what Otto himself would do. Because it's nothing more than memory, that's what it see's itself doing, and says so.

Same memories, different perception, different result.

No, Peter wouldn't have done that for that reason. But it's what Otto would have done. It's what Otto can understand. It's what Otto can believe. So it's what the Fragment believes.

That was a more than comprehensive answer. Thanks a lot.

I'm folowing you.