#1 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

I found this fan film about a Golden Age hero who has for all intents and purposes outlived his usefulness. This speaks volumes to me about how disgraceful DC's current Earth 2 book is being to the heroes of the Golden Age. They're missing the entire point of Golden Age characters. They're simply the good guys and that's that. Urban champions that despite their immense powers are still for the little guy at heart. That's how they were made and that's how it should be. Now they feel like they're just like every new character that came out of the 90's.

#2 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

I really really really like Earth 2. I dont get the hate.

#3 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: If you were ever a fan of the JSA then you would.

#4 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude: I guess Im too young then

#5 Posted by danhimself (22306 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: not really....lots of people who loved JSA really like Earth 2

#6 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: I don't. It makes them completely unrecognizable save for their real names, yet leaves Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman alone. It's just PAINFUL to read as they have basically destroyed a team I love to appeal to new fans.

#7 Posted by danhimself (22306 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude: I completely understand what you're saying....I enjoy Earth 2....but I feel the same way about a lot of my favorite characters from DC as well....mostly Superboy and Superman...both imo are completely different from their preFlashpoint counterparts

#8 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: I was refering to the specific dislike from people who don't like Earth 2, not in general

#9 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

I really really really like Earth 2. I dont get the hate.

Same

#10 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade: If you were ever a fan of the JSA then you would.

#11 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude: I am/was, so...? Earth 2 rocks. Good story and good art. New ideas. I don't get the hate.

#12 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade: They completely make JSA unrecognizable aside from their real names, made very bland versions of their origins, made Jay Garrick's origin WORSE in my honest opinion by basically making him five gods short of a Captain Marvel instead of IMPROVING upon his original origin, totally removed the Starheart from Alan Scott's origin and made him a second rate Swamp-Thing, and made Alan Scott gay for the sole reason to hype up the book.

Making Alan gay was a line they should not have crossed all in the name of promotion. There are gay people complaining over this!!! My cousin is a lesbian and she said that making a character that had never been homosexual in the first place is and I quote "Disgusting and DISTASTEFUL". They are making Alan's sexual orientation more important than his character. Now instead of being known as the first Green Lantern, the ORIGINAL Green Lantern without whom the Green Lantern Corps would not exist in comics, he's known as the "That Gay Green Lantern" and nothing else. That is insulting to someone who has always been an Alan Scott fan! It's insulting that people are putting more of an emphasis on the fact Alan is gay than his history as a character or the fact he was already interesting BEFORE the reboot.

#13 Posted by whitewings1234 (233 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW!

I wonder if its canon?

#14 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

@whitewings1234: What's canon?

#15 Posted by whitewings1234 (233 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@whitewings1234: What's canon?

something official by a studio. I still have a hard time understanding it, but its only used on this website. People in real life never use it. This site too is the first time I ever heard of

ITS CANON AND NOT CANON.

#16 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

I really really really like Earth 2, but i mostly understand the hate.