A couple of questions concerning DC

EthericEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Question 1: how can you tell the true story. I'm new to comics but not the characters. The animated movies are different than the comics and those are different TV shows. I've seen death stroke lose his eye by 3 different people. What's the real story. What am I not understanding I've also seen other things happen in various ways not just that one thing.

Question 2 who has more money Wayne Queen or Luther?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

1: Just take it for what it is. Cannon changes all the time. The best stories will be the ones that last the longest the character. But yeah, cannon is tricky.

2: Wayne to me, a argument can be made for Luthor. Queen loses everything he owns every week.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Jphu8414

1. Continuity changes after stories like Crisis on Infinite Earths, The New 52, and even Infinite Crisis. All stemming from events that changed the continuity (and even rebooted the entire universe) of DC's comic books. You also have to check if the story you're reading is considered canon, or if it's just a non-canon self contained elseworlds story.

Currently in the New 52 (which is the current canon of DC comic books) Slade lost his eye fighting a bunch of North Korean soldiers. In thre Pre-New 52 universe he lost it because his wife shot him with a gun.

2. I don't have any super concrete evidence but I'm fairly certain that Bruce Wayne is the richest out of the three.

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Comics are screwed in that sense. Cannon evolves or changes too much and it can be confusing and conflicting to sort through what's currently cannon. I live by this rule; if i like the story then it's cannon to me and screw everything else lol.

(If I know its a what-if story going in though, regardless of if I like it, I won't consider it cannon).

EthericEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Thank you all for the information