EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Edited By EyeDCyou

UPDATE

Now that I have seen Age of Ultron, I have decided to add it to my list, and re bump this whole blog. Before I get started I must stress that while these are unbiased and well thought out, they are still only my OPINION and should be viewed as such. Please be respectful. In order to rank these films, I will be looking at them as a film fan, not a comic fan, and will rank them based on the level of quality they produce as a film. Some of you think my scores are a bit harsh, but that's just how I feel. Let's get to it!

11. Thor: The Dark World

No Caption Provided

I genuinely didn't like this film at all. Frankly I found a hard time staying awake during this film because I found the plot so uninteresting. I must also ask again, why does Jane have to play such a huge role in these films? I want to watch Thor and other cosmic beings, not space Twilight, which is what the Thor movies most feel like to me. I know this is a little harsh, but the story was so bland and it looked like Marvel is just trying to shove this relationship down our throat. As it stands, the only good thing to come out of the Thor movies is Loki, and he is magnificent, but he play a much smaller role in this movie than he does in Thor, and it really hurts the overall cast. It would take a while to express all my gripes, but I will leave it brief. Next.

Score: 3/10 - Awful

10. Iron Man 3

No Caption Provided

I know a few of you might disagree with Iron Man 3 being this low on the list, but this film was a train wreck from the start. Tony is suit-less for almost the entire movie, and the villain was quite weak. Not to mention the infamous twist. I won't elaborate on that though, because it's usually everyone's biggest complaint and we all know about it. Tony is overwhelmed after the events of New York, and now suffers from panic attacks, which are his biggest enemy throughout the film, and that's just kind of lame...I understand that a person would be very stressed after that, but I don't think it needs to become a major part of the story. I found the "secret agent" Tony bit in the middle quite unfortunate, as I would rather see an Iron Man movie than a Tony Stark movie. The Mandarin was a joke, and he was defeated by Pepper...After she achieves 'super powers'. Come on Marvel. I know some people liked this movie, but I feel that the praise this film received from critics is due to the Marvel brand somewhat being the Apple of the movie business. Where they can do no wrong, and people will throw money at them without thinking twice. Anyway, another movie I found quite pitiful. Next.

Score: 3.5/10 - Awful

9. Thor

No Caption Provided

As you now know... I didn't care for the Thor films. They lack the elements that make most other Marvel films so great, and it is frustrating to say the least. While I do like the idea of Thor being banished from Asgard, I don't like the idea of this being essentially a romance movie for almost the entire time. And why did they have to just jam Hawkeye into this film? If I remember correctly, he doesn't even have a line, but it was just a way to include him before the Avengers. At least give him a role similar to Black Widow (who I thought was introduced very well.) Thank goodness for Loki, or this film could've suffered even more, but he succeeds in making all of his scenes worth while. Also, get ride of Darcy. Seriously. Next.

Score: 5/10 - Mediocre

8. Iron Man 2

No Caption Provided

FYI, I'm going to start getting a little less negative soon.

Most people believe that this was the weakest of the trilogy, but I found that to not be true. Yes Mickey Rourke was a big lame, and they failed to make Whiplash as awesome as he could've been, but there were moments in this film that I really liked. For example, I thought that Black Widow was introduced and incorporated wonderfully, and I thought Tony's personality was strongest in this film as well. We were introduced to War Machine, and Justin Hammer was a strong puppet master for most of the film. That being said, the story was still not nearly as strong as the originals, and there were moments where they were just shoving in Avengers Easter eggs for the hell of it. Next.

Score: 5.5/10 - Mediocre

7. The Incredible Hulk

No Caption Provided

Ah the long lost Hulk film of the MCU. Unfortunately, no one ever remembers this film, and it deserves more credit. Quite possibly the most underrated film in the MCU, and the film with the strongest leading actors out of ANY MCU film (Ed Norton and Tim Roth). It's a shame that Norton didn't stay on as the Hulk, but I suppose a method man of his stature has other things to do. I thought Abomination was one of the stronger villains in the MCU, and the story wasn't half bad either. Plus we were given our first real look at a shared universe with the Tony Stark cameo at the end. Next.

Score: 6/10 - Good

6. Avengers: Age of Ultron

No Caption Provided

So now we find ourselves upon the most recent entry in the MCU. Some people are calling this the best movie in the MCU, some are calling it mediocre at best. I'm somewhere in the middle. I try to not let the 'hype train' affect me before seeing a movie, and maybe that is why I'm a bit more down on this film than it seems like most are. The action was impressive, and I actually LOVED the new characters. My favorite parts of the movie had to do with the twins and Vision. That being said, I thought the writing was pretty poor, and I thought Ultron was rather underwhelming (you can check out my blogs for a more in depth analysis on my I didn't like Ultron.) The film had some great scenes, like the end of the party with the hammer/Ultron intro, as well as most of the scenes between Tony and Bruce. That being said, the humor finally really harmed the overall viewing experience for me. People love to complain about Marvel movies saying that they're too funny, and most of the time it doesn't really bother me, but in this film it did. I feel like the film couldn't go 10 minutes without the audience laughing, and that killed the tone of what was a relatively dark film underneath. Also, I really didn't like Hawkeye's arc. I know he had almost nothing in the first film, and was looking forward to seeing more from him in this film, but it turns out I didn't. I found his story so uninteresting and forced that it makes it seem like Jeremy Renner approached Joss Whedon and said "Pls give me more lines, I'll do anything." Not for me Hawk. Not for me. Next.

Score: 6.5/10 - Good

5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

No Caption Provided

OK, now I know most of you will disagree with this. Don't be misunderstood by the #5 ranking, this was a very good movie, but there were things I liked more about the original. Most of all, I didn't think this was a comic book movie. It was an action movie, and had a plot so similar to one that it seems like it could've been a Mission Impossible or Bourne movie if you just took off Cap's costume. Anyways, Bucky is the best villain the MCU. Hands down. He is. Extremely bad ass and menacing, the Winter Soldier stole every scene he was in. Amazing action sequences as well. The fight between Cap and Bucky in the streets was one of the best in CBM history. However, the Nick Fury stuff was a little whack, and I wish they would've taken a different approach with that. Anyways, TWS was a great film, but i think it is often overrated by audiences.

Score: 7.5/10 - Very Good

4. Captain America: The First Avenger

No Caption Provided

Again, I really doubt many of you will agree with this, but I found TFA to be a much better comic book movie. That's really the only reason why I have this film above Winter Soldier, and why the score is only slightly higher. The WW2 setting was awesome, and I wish they would revisit it at some point. And while Red Skull wasn't all that great as a villain, the rest of the supporting cast were quite delightful, especially Cap's squad (pictured above) and even miss Peggy Carter. I honestly cared about the relationship between Cap and Peggy, and I haven't done that in any other film in the MCU. I really loved the story of this film, and the motivations of each character were really compelling. Not to mention the sacrifice at the end, and Cap's introduction into the modern world.

Score: 7.6/10 - Very Good

3. Marvel's The Avengers

No Caption Provided

This is probably the most important film in CBM history, but it is also the most popular film in CBM history. The film managed to combine an entire universe better than any other film franchise to date, and it made for one fun ride. The first half of the film was just pure fun when the team was actually being assembled, and I thought that was by far the best part of the movie. The movie does nothing special in the story department, but the character development was great, and the action was entertaining to say the least. Loki was pretty great as usual, but he was done little justice at the end of the film, as he was turned into a joke. Regardless, Avengers is truly a Marvel of the CBM genre. Next.

Score: 8/10 - Great

2. Guardians of the Galaxy

No Caption Provided

This film was flat out fun. Which is what it wanted to be, and it succeeded everyone's expectations. That being said, I think it's ridiculous that people thought this movie was a huge risk. Come on guys... it's space pirates... who doesn't want to see that. Anyway, from the soundtrack, to the cast, to the effects, this movie was great. Chris Pratt has become my favorite actor in the MCU, and Rocket my favorite animal. I only have two complaints about this film... the romance, and the villain. The relationship between Gamora and Peter felt really forced, and unnecessary. It provided nothing to the story, and only had me rolling my eyes. Then there's Ronan. When I first saw him I thought he was so menacing and badass, but he ended up being one of the biggest b*tches in the universe. All he had to do was put the hammer down and he would've destroyed the planet. Then Peter danced him to death. Lame. Anyway, those gripes are minor in the scope of the film, because it rocked. Finally..

Score: 9/10 - Amazing

1. Iron Man

No Caption Provided

A nearly perfect comic book movie. The gripping origin story, the fantastic character development, and a strong villain. It was great to watch Tony slowly grow into the Iron Man, and this will be a movie we'll never forget. I thought the suit in this movie was the best in the Iron Man trilogy, and Iron Monger was probably a top 3 villain of the entire franchise. A puppet master turned super villain and a playboy turned superhero. Great story and action all around, and a cast that is almost unmatched in the MCU. I would right more, but I'm getting a little tired...of writing... so yeah.

Score: 9.5/10 - Amazing

So that's it. Go complain about it below.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Chris Pratt is da man.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Agreed. I still think winter soldier is slightly better than Iron Man and is the best MCU movie too date.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I really liked CA: TFA but I wish it delved more into what WWII really was. Not a whole documentary on it, but not just a simple good vs evil either.

Also, welcome back.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

First why wouldn't you wait until you saw AoU second first captain America that high and above tws?????

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

First why wouldn't you wait until you saw AoU second first captain America that high and above tws?????

1. Because it doesn't come out for a week, and I said that I wanted to rank the movies up until this point.

2. Read.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not the best list, in my opinion.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

i'm with ya man, IM3 sucked in so many ways

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Also Agreed. Thor movies suck. Ragnarok better give the Odinson some respect. At the moment he is the weakest link .

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

nice list and good points even though don't agree with the order

~MiB

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A little harsh with the scores, but I mostly agree. Here are my scores:

1. Iron Man -- 9/10
  2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier -- 8.25/10
  3. The Incredible Hulk -- 8/10
  4. Captain America: The First Avenger -- 7.75/10
  5. The Avengers -- 7/10 (Just as good as GotG but beats it out simply because of the "wow" factor)
  6. Guardians of the Galaxy -- 7/10
  7. Thor -- 6.5/10
  8. Iron Man 2 -- 6.25/10
  9. Iron Man 3 -- 5.5/10
  10. Thor: The Dark World -- 5/10
EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

nice list and good points even though don't agree with the order

~MiB

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Totally agree on CA-TFA. I think that's the most underrated MCU film by far. I liked TWS a bit better, but only by hair due to a better villain. I've not seen Hulk, GotG or Dark World. I don't think any MCU film has been horrible (of the 7 I've seen) but I would rate IM2 and IM3 as about 5.0's.(mediocre) And Thor as a 6. The last two IM films being big disappointments as I agree the first IM was great. It's the MCU film I rate the highest (like a 9.0)

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RustyRoy
  1. Iron Man - 9.5/10
  2. The Winter Soldier - 8/10
  3. The Incredible Hulk - 8/10
  4. GoTG - 7.5/10
  5. The Avengers - 7/10
  6. Thor - 7/10
  7. The First Avenger - 6.5/10
  8. Iron Man 2 - 6/10
  9. Iron Man 3 - 5.5/10
  10. The Dark World - 5/10
Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wasn't really that big a fan of CA: TFA tbh.. That said, awesome blog. :).

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

thumbs up

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Dude! You're back!

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

Hey, man, glad to see you back!

I saw the Avengers: Age of Ultron tonight and it was frankly disappointing.

Nice listing, btw :)

- TAS

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In case you missed it.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Iron Man 7.5/10
  2. The Winter Soldier 7/10
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy 7/10
  4. The Incredible Hulk 6.5/10
  5. Thor 6/10
  6. Iron Man 3 6/10
  7. Iron Man 2 5.5/10
  8. The First Avenger 5.5/10
  9. The Avengers 5.5/10
  10. The Dark World 4.5/10
Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Winter Soldier, Iron Man and GOTG are the best IMO.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

1. Iron Man: 9.4/10

2. The Winter Soldier: 9/10

3. Avengers: 7.5/10

4. GotG: 7/10

5. Incredible Hulk: 6.5/10

6. Thor: 6/10

7. Captain America: First Avenger: 5.5/10

8. Iron Man 2: 4/10

9. Thor: The Dark World: 2/10

10. Iron Man 3: 1/10

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great list and I agree with a lot of your points. Personally, I thought the way they shoehorned the Bucky and Steve relationship into the end of TWS hurt the film. I wish they would have tied it in more naturally. I agree with you on liking First Avenger better because of the Peggy relationship. People went on about the action in Winter Soldier, but the only scene that really stood out to me was Steve's visit with Peg. It was a good payoff, whereas the drama with Bucky and Cap in TWS felt artificial because of the focus on Shield.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Marvel Studiosmovies, but I LOVE the first Iron Man and really enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

This is an uh.. interesting list.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By Transformers1024

From absolute worst to best. Keep in mind I haven't seen Agent Carter yet.

13.) Agents of Shield SEASON ONE

12.) Thor: The Dark World

11) The Incredible Hulk

10.) Iron Man 3

9.) Thor

8.) Agents of Shield SEASON TWO

7.) Iron Man 2

6.) The Avengers

5.) Captain America: The First Avenger

4.) Guardians of the Galaxy

3.) Iron Man

2.) Captain America: The Winter Soldier

1.) Daredevil

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

update bump

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

final bump

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter soldier was much better than tfa to me.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By 14NC3

That was a fun read!

I for the most part agree. You explained very well why you gave the rankings that you did, even if i didn't agree with some of the strengths and criticisms, they were for the most part understandable and i respect that.

My ranking of the MCU:

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 8/10 Brilliant!
  2. The Avengers: Age of Ultron - 8/10 Running out of adjectives...
  3. The Avengers - 8/10 Awesome!
  4. Iron Man - 8/10 Great!
  5. Guardians of the Galaxy - 7/10 Really fun
  6. Captain America: The First Avenger - 7/10 Very good
  7. Thor - 7/10 Very Good
  8. The Incredible Hulk - 6.7/10 Very good
  9. Iron Man 2 - 5/10 Mediocre
  10. Iron Man 3 - 5/10 Mediocre
  11. Thor: The Dark World - 4.5/10 Mediocre bordering bad
EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points