A Belated Vinerversary

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

Edited By Delphic

For those of you who know me, I've been on CV for nearly three years, and let me just say it has been quite a ride. Though it's way past my own third "Vinerversary", I kind of want to just look back at my time here, and reassess, and maybe even "reboot" the dying Delphic franchise. So lets take a look back in my book of CV adventures.

When I first came here three or so years ago, I wasn't very experienced in the realm of comics. Pretty much my experience was just a couple trades (Gotham City Sirens: Union and Titans: Old Friends for those who might be interested). Since then I've been all over the place. I started collecting single issues. I would review and write blogs, and some were a little controversial (i.e Why I Despise Injustice Wonder Woman and The Corporate Rape of Power Girl). Yeah those two landed me in hot water a couple times; however, my most favorite of all blogs that I have ever written here on CV, has really nothing to do with comics at all and that is: In Memoriam: Ray Bradbury, which was sort of my own personal send off to a brilliant author, and one of my personal idols.

The next two following years, were not much to talk about. I didn't do much, seeing as I really fell off of the review and blogging scene. For a time I tried RPing, but that didn't work out because of my job. Then I tried writing a few fan-fics. There I got a good bit of recognition for what I was used to, and most people seemed to really enjoy my work. For Corrupted Kon-El, I have received a lot of praise that quite honestly I'm truly humbled by (and for those wanting to know when the next issue comes out....umm well...I'm getting around to it ^_^)

Here recently though, I've had some trouble that deal greatly with my reasons for being here. A large portion of it is contributed to comics themselves. I recently found myself overwhelmed, by extremely large stacks of unread comics, and before I knew it I found myself faced with the question: "Why am I buying comics, if I'm not going to read them?" Then before I knew it, no more blogs, no reviews, and no fan-fics were coming out of me. I was completely dried up. Also one other thing, to be honest I really like seeing those little numbers at the top of the CV page that tell me "Hey you got mail". Those numbers got lower and lower, and eventually they pretty much ceased altogether. (So yes everyone, I love attention :P) Thing is though, you have to participate in the community here in some way if you want to get those little numbers, and that's what happened. I was no longer participating.

For a little while, I went over to Anime Vice, and I've made a little bit of an impression there. I made it on community spotlight two weeks in a row. Thing is though, I still missed CV, despite its new abusive demeanor with hardly functional page designs and more bugs than a cheap hotel in the worst part of town. The reason I missed it was because of the several people I consider friends: @wildvine, @razzatazz, @joygirl, @daredevil21134, and many many more. These people have stuck by me, some since the very beginning. They've put up with my quirks and oddities, they've put up with my more selfish and mopey moments, and they've even put up with me during those times that I'm just quite honestly flat out annoying. So to all of you, I want to say thank you, for sticking by me, because without you all, I would not be who I am today, for I feel my experience with you all here on CV has made me a much wiser man...In some areas anyway, I still think action movies are really cool and scientists are bags of hot air. ;-P

So what does this all mean for me and CV. Well for one thing, I want to re-evaluate how I do things. I'm definitely not going to worry so much about my notification an PM count, but I don't think it would hurt to put some content out to provide me with some sort of buffer there. I don't want to experience PM withdrawals. XD So in saying that, I'm wanting to go back to my roots that I had my first year of CV. I want to start making blogs, lists, and reviews again. I want my fan-fics return. Another thing that will change will be how I get my comics. Oh yes, the days of the piled up single issues are gone, my friends, so don't expect me to be able to keep up with the latest comic gossip, but I'll have other means of engaging. This is going to be a new day for all off us.

I know some of you may have thought, I was leaving a month or so ago. This is not a big "I'm Back" deceleration, but more so the realization that this old Kryptonian here still has a few magic spells in his TARDIS (whoops, I think I mixed up the fandoms there.). Also in case I disappear again in the future for a little while I'll leave you all with a little description of my given to me by my dear friend:

I'm like a Sandshrew, I may burrow down for a little while, but I never run away.

haha, anyway, here's to you all, my CV comrades, here's to another year on the Vine, and a new Delphic. ^_^

No Caption Provided

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought you were also leaving us. Good to know you're not going away.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: I guess you could say for a moment I was on the road out of here, but I took a look back and I just couldn't leave. ^_^

Besides CV seems to have a lot of people leaving these days, so maybe it's good for at least one to stick around, yes?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By wildvine

What a clever quote. You are Sandshrewish. : P

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Pyrogram

@delphic: I remember when we use to RPG. Good times :)

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Funny thing, the first ever Pokemon episode I ever saw, Sandshrew was the featured Pokemon. I remember Ash wandered into an unofficial gym where he his entire team was wiped out by this guys one Sandshrew.

@pyrogram: Yeah, it was pretty fun, but it was always tough for me to keep RP persona's going.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Happy belated Vinerversary mate! =D Am stoked to see more reviews and lists from you. ^__^ Amazing how time flies by so fast on here.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

@delphic: Happy three year, let's see what happens at 4 ... :)