A Batfan fights back.

• 145 results
Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Batman's human no way a human could beat Superman.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ooops
ooops

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mk111: Sssssh I'm trying to incite a riot.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

@mk111: ha! they wouldnt dare. I mean we all know who would win already....right?

Yeah, Batman obviously wins :). Seriously though, it isn't that obvious there are battles about it on here...go look it up. One has him with 2 weeks, another with 1, another with just one day...all say Batman can win...

But no spite will ever be on this level friends.

Yep and this one here is still up http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/batman-with-prep-time-and-plot-armor-vs-one-above--523752/

You want to know if people believe Batman wins check this out http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/batman-vs-galactus-723999/

And this out http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/batman-vs-galactus-413990/

Don't worry there's more and guess what! This is by the author of this topic no less! http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/batman-vs-galactus-749037/

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluelantern1995: Oh I've seen em all. And then some. I agree though. Batman always wins. I mean its even a video thing on here isnt it? Has its own topic? Its like LeBron. Batman cant be stopped you can only hope to contain him :D

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SheenLantern

@rustyroy: Oops, forgot to quote you in my reply, I dunno if you saw it.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would also helfp if the term "fanboy" wasn't throw around so haphazardly.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By dernman

Am I the only one that thinks the original post seems to actually be making fun of "Batfanboys"?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Shit like this makes me ashamed to be a comic fan

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Am i the only one amused that the op is acting like bat fan boys are some mistreated minority?

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Is it possible to have Batman as a favorite character...and still think Superman/Wonder Woman/Flash/GL/Thor/Hulk/Martian Manhunter..even Iron Man and Captain America could beat him?

Yes it is. I just described myself. :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By joshmightbe

So the point of this thread is to say that if you like Batman you're not allowed to say he can be beat?

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the point of this thread is to say that if you like Batman you're not allowed to say he can be beat?

Thats not the point I got at all but maybe your interpretation was different.....

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#65  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boo hoo. I'm a Batfan. My favourite character has a bajillion monthly ongoings with the top writers and artists in the industry. My favourite character is one of the most profitable characters in cinema history. My favourite character has the two greatest superhero videogames ever made about him. My favourite character is getting his 130th cartoon about him while original cartoons with lesser used characters are being cancelled. My favourite character is always written to be the moral/physical/intellectual superior to everyone who surrounds him. But a few people on the internet say mean things about Batman, Waahhhhwahhwaaahh.

Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.

I enjoy Batman stories (although I think he is way overexposed) but his fanboys are some of the most obnoxious fanboys this side of Neon Genesis Evangelion fans. Maybe people wouldn't ridicule you if you didn't come on every discussion of Superman and badmouth Supes. Maybe you could allow other people to believe that their favourite is the greatest superhero rather than go into every thread yelling the praises of Batgod.

And maybe you should stop making the arguement that Batman is a much better character because he is human and thus vulnerable and then claim that he could beat any hero or villian with prep. In a batfanboy's mind, Batman pretty much is at god-status in terms of superpowers because he apparently has future-viewing powers because prep beat everything, I guess. It's not like something unexpected could happen or Batman could fail to foresee something, nope he preps for every single thing that could possibly happen ever because he's teh GODDAMN BATMAN.

Some people like Batman, some don't. Live with it. Don't be obnoxious and then start complaining when other peopler make fun of you. Don't create illusions of persecusion and pretend like the entire forum has turned you and your fellow fans into some kind of leper like pariah.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By lady_liberty

There is a gap between the common fan perception of the character and the characters actual feats. This comes and goes though, we've seen it with Hulk, we've seen it with Storm, now we're seeing it with Batman. It will pass in time.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Hulk and Superman more than pretty much all other heroes but I can freely admit that both can be defeated. Does this mean I'm not a real fan? Does my acceptance of their limitations negate all the comics and merchandise ive bought or my appreciation? Does me liking them diminish your favorite character at all? The answer to all these questions is no.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Does Kryptonite ring a bell?"

What, you mean that thing that many Superman villains who are much smarter than Batman have tried to use against Superman but he always ends up beating them regardless? That thing that Superman has a myriad of ways to extinguish his weakness to? (Does the radiation suit ring a bell? Does sundipping ring a bell?) Yes, I think that rings a bell...

• As I said before Batman won't attack him head on like Superman's so smarter villains do.

"Red run radiation?"

What, you mean that other thing that everything above also applies to? Yes, I believe that rings a bell..

"Add in hundreds of power suits and weapons, armory and resources."

Oh please, the Fortress Of Solitude curbstomps the Bat-Cave in terms of weapons, gadgets and resources.

• Superman rarely uses any gadgets.

"And do you really think Batman is dumb enough to go to a straight fist fight with Superman?"

Ask him yourself..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He'll wait for the perfect moment and when Superman puts his guards down, only the he'll attack"

Oh, yeah, he's gonna sneak up on someone aware of every single event happening on the planet with his super-senses, I'm sure that'll work.

• Then why does he falls under the traps of all those villains who plot against him.
  • As I said before Superman will win 9 out 10 times but he's not unbeatable.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Yeah, nice scans, one isn't even canon and the last one's from the same page where Batman states that he's breaking every bone in his fist and in the same comic even admits that Superman would beat him easily if he wanted to, regardless of the Kryptonite.

"Then why does he falls under the traps of all those villains who plot against him. "

Bad writing, be honest, if you were writing Superman comics, would you be able to remember each and every one of his many superpowers?

"As I said before Superman will win 9 out 10 times but he's not unbeatable."

Yeah, of course he's not unbeatable, I'm just saying Batman couldn't beat him.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dislike the batfans who acknowledge his feats but ignore the times he falls...they call it pis or bad writing. When JLU DCUA falls in their favor they bring it up, when it works against them it suddenly becomes PIS or not cannon.

Batman has no problems admitting when he is in over his head...SOME of his fans however do have this problem, those are the ones I hate

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I'm a huge Batman fan and I've never once been in an argument over who he can or cannot beat up. It's just not relevant. I care more about how many good stories can be told with the character. This all seems like lunkhead jock mentality applied to comics.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Yeah, nice scans, one isn't even canon and the last one's from the same page where Batman states that he's breaking every bone in his fist and in the same comic even admits that Superman would beat him easily if he wanted to, regardless of the Kryptonite.

"Then why does he falls under the traps of all those villains who plot against him. "

Bad writing, be honest, if you were writing Superman comics, would you be able to remember each and every one of his many superpowers?

"As I said before Superman will win 9 out 10 times but he's not unbeatable."

Yeah, of course he's not unbeatable, I'm just saying Batman couldn't beat him.

• Funny you say that because all the scans you posted are non canon. Also Batman never thought he had to fight Superman in that scan. Also Kryptonite's efficiency varies from writer to writer.
  • Then I guess 90% of the Superman comics are bad comics. If I ever write Superman, then I'll make him less powerful and take away his super speed, super senses and other ridiculous powers, only give him super strength, flight, x-ray and heat vision. Blaming the writers is easy, its not there fault, Superman is very hard to write with all this powers, seriously how can you write a man with super intellect when you only have average intellect.
  • Batman can beat Superman. Its comic books, anything can happen here.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: It is the writers fault if they can't handle the character that they are supposed to be writing.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I'm a huge Batman fan and I've never once been in an argument over who he can or cannot beat up. It's just not relevant. I care more about how many good stories can be told with the character. This all seems like lunkhead jock mentality applied to comics.

end thread

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@rustyroy: It is the writers fault if they can't handle the character that they are supposed to be writing.

Guess you should be the new Superman writer. A man with so much ridiculous power is always hard to write.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By BlackWind

A good fan admits their favorite character's faults and acknowledges their shortcomings. Not exalts them to perfection and godhood.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@farkam said:

Guess you should be the new Superman writer. A man with so much ridiculous power is always hard to write.

And it's still the writers fault if they can't handle it.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By RustyRoy

@farkam said:

@rustyroy said:

@farkam said:

Not writers fault.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@farkam said:

Well that would be silly...just like when people say "why don't you do it then if you could do a better job" Well I can't! that's why I would stay away and leave it to the professionals who can, just like the bad writers should do, and there are people who can actually write superman stories.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By RustyRoy

@w0nd said:

@rustyroy said:

@farkam said:

Well that would be silly...just like when people say "why don't you do it then if you could do a better job" Well I can't! that's why I would stay away and leave it to the professionals who can, just like the bad writers should do, and there are people who can actually write superman stories.

I agree but if you take a look at all the great Superman stories you'll see his powers are toned down.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Funny you say that because all the scans you posted are non canon."

Woooaaah, since when is A Death In The Family non-canon? Are you saying that Jason Todd as Red Hood as a whole never happened? Seriously?

"Also Kryptonite's efficiency varies from writer to writer."

Funny you say that, because that's pretty much the strongest Kryptonite has ever been written to be, where just a tiny ring was able to weaken Clark to nearly incapacitation, but it still wasn't enough.

"If I ever write Superman, then I'll make him less powerful and take away his super speed, super senses and other ridiculous powers, only give him super strength, flight, x-ray and heat vision"

Why; in your eyes, do Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter deserve to be more Super than Superman?

"Batman can beat Superman. Its comic books, anything can happen here."

And yet Batman has tried and failed time and time again, and still after all these years he has never once bested the Man Of Steel in an official comic.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Goddamn it, I forgot to quote you again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@farkam said:

@rustyroy said:

@farkam said:

Not writers fault.

Yes it is.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@farkam said:

@rustyroy said:

@farkam said:

Not writers fault.

Hey guess what? Writing is hard. Ask anyone who has ever written or tried to write something, it's not easy. If anyone decides to become a novelist, screenwriter, comic book writer because it is easy is in for a world of failure and dissappointment.

If I writer can't write a quality Superman story, it's their own damn fault. I'm not saying one is a bad writer if they can't write a decent Superman story, either it's out of their range (i.e. doesn't fit their style) or they just can't come up with a good story. Don't excuse bad writing by saying the character is 'hard to write', that's just a lame excuse.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Funny you say that because all the scans you posted are non canon."

Woooaaah, since when is A Death In The Family non-canon? Are you saying that Jason Todd as Red Hood as a whole never happened? Seriously?

"Also Kryptonite's efficiency varies from writer to writer."

Funny you say that, because that's pretty much the strongest Kryptonite has ever been written to be, where just a tiny ring was able to weaken Clark to nearly incapacitation, but it still wasn't enough.

"If I ever write Superman, then I'll make him less powerful and take away his super speed, super senses and other ridiculous powers, only give him super strength, flight, x-ray and heat vision"

Why; in your eyes, do Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter deserve to be more Super than Superman?

"Batman can beat Superman. Its comic books, anything can happen here."

And yet Batman has tried and failed time and time again, and still after all these years he has never once bested the Man Of Steel in an official comic.

• So was Joker Iran's Representative in the new 52 too? And Jason's revival was due to Superboy's one punch? I don't consider ADitF canon. That story was full of crap.
  • I don't read Superman and JL but I from the scans people posted, Superman seemed to be more affected by Kryptonite than he ever was.
  • Not WW but MMH for sure.
  • I didn't know TDKR and TDKSB were unofficial comic books. And yes he hasn't beat him in a canon book yet. Doesn't mean he can't. He came very close to it. And that's why I said he can beat Superman 1/10 times.
kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman fanboys can be quite ridiculous and i like the guy but the battle forums make him appear as if he as his own personal infinity gauntlet

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:
@rustyroy said:

@farkam said:

@rustyroy said:

@farkam said:

Not writers fault.

Yes it is.

No it isn't.

@rdclip said:

@rustyroy said:

@farkam said:

@rustyroy said:

@farkam said:

Not writers fault.

Hey guess what? Writing is hard. Ask anyone who has ever written or tried to write something, it's not easy. If anyone decides to become a novelist, screenwriter, comic book writer because it is easy is in for a world of failure and dissappointment.

If I writer can't write a quality Superman story, it's their own damn fault. I'm not saying one is a bad writer if they can't write a decent Superman story, either it's out of their range (i.e. doesn't fit their style) or they just can't come up with a good story. Don't excuse bad writing by saying the character is 'hard to write', that's just a lame excuse.

Yes writing is hard. But how can you write a character who can hear anyone from miles away, who can bench press the earth without breaking a sweat, who can move at near light speed. Yes they can give him a more powerful villain but can he fight them in earth without destroying it?

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy vs the World lol I think the OP may have a point.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#92 k4tzm4n  Moderator

and naturally we're going to preach that he always wins.

Well, there's your problem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: It's always going to be the writers fault if they don't have what it takes to write a certain character. No matter what you say this will always be the truth.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: it's not always about the big fight or a villian with bigger muscles. Superman can be challenged on a ethical, political, or intellectual level. A quality writer knows that. Go read Kingdom Come, What's so Funny about Truth, Justice and the American Way, and For the Man who Has Everything and find stories that are not just about physical threats to Superman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: And you are the God of Truth? Superman is a very hard character to write if you can't change some aspects of the character and writers are not allowed to do that. Look at how many writers were replaced in Superman and Action comics. I know that a good Superman comics can be written but not on a daily basis. Either make him a cosmic hero or tone down his power or take away some of the powers.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What pisses me off about many Batman fan boys is the same thing that pisses me off about most fan boys. Its not that they love a character or even that they argue their favorite character's ability to win despite all logic. Its the part where they act like its a personal attack on them any time someone has a different opinion. Just because someone doesn't like what you like it doesn't mean they find fault in you or are insulting you, it just means that different people like different things.

If you can't separate your self from a fictional character then the problem is yours.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: If a writer doesn't have the chops to write Superman it's his fault if Superman isn't written well. I don't need to be a God to understand this : - )

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: A good writer can always find a good story. If a writer can't write a good story its his or her own fault not the fault of a character.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip said:

@rustyroy: it's not always about the big fight or a villian with bigger muscles. Superman can be challenged on a ethical, political, or intellectual level. A quality writer knows that. Go read Kingdom Come, What's so Funny about Truth, Justice and the American Way, and For the Man who Has Everything and find stories that are not just about physical threats to Superman.

I agree and I have read these comics and as I said before these comics don't make him some undefeatable God, they make him human, he rarely uses his powers in those comics. But you also have to ask for a character who had 75 years long ongoings, why does he have so less great comics? There must be some reason that most writers can write a good Superman story on a regular basis.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By RustyRoy

@farkam: I already replied to that. you're just repeating yourself.