7 DC Characters That Need Their Own On-Going Series

• 147 results
Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

Cold is pretty cool, but Baz should never had been made. We have enough Lanterns without Baz being around and John Stewart will always be a better Lantern than Baz. Steel and Cyborg need on goings. I could never get into the other characters mentioned. Lois Lane was a fun read, but eh I'd rather have a Superman title over a Lois one.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By feargalr

No Shazam!?

I would read a Lois Lane series so freaking hard.

Captain Cold could be great too and I did actually love the first few Simon Baz issues back when I was still reading GL.

Nazo_Tharpedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's face it you all want the return of snowflame.

Denn979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

young justice

NewComicGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the Zatanna idea. Definitely want a Martian Manhunter. Another Lobo would be fun.

nateb1211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a Shazam book.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Which are the seven characters in DC I believe most deserve a solo series? Easy, they are: Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Diana Prince, Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, Oliver Queen and Arthur Curry.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Batman most definitely needs another book. Such an underutilized character.

CorruptedOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UHHHHHHHHHHH Tim drake much?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zatanna..? Over Shazam, Tim Drake, Martian Manhunter and Stargirl.....hey i'd take a Mera ongoing over Zatanna. Lets give books to the people that stand out in the DCnU and not just the favorites.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#112  Edited By LyraFay

I know was only briefly mentioned but I want a Plastic Man series (with Mike Allred doing the art.) And an Etrigian the Demon need one too!

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I refuse a Captain Cold stand-alone series. Now give me a series of the Rogues and I'll agree with you any day of the week.

I realize that there are about a gazillion Batman-books already, but I would really love to see a Red Robin series. Especially since Nightwing is getting cancelled.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I refuse a Captain Cold stand-alone series. Now give me a series of the Rogues and I'll agree with you any day of the week.

I realize that there are about a gazillion Batman-books already, but I would really love to see a Red Robin series. Especially since Nightwing is getting cancelled.

And getting replaced by Grayson...

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By feedonatreefrog

-Ant-Man!

-Black Panther!

-Dr. Strange!

Oh, nvm, DC...

-Shazam

-Zatanna

Skyhawk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe if they were in DC Presents anthology. They way DC is these days, I don't think either of the heroes solo titles would last long. See if the anthology works then maybe spin them off.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I fervently agree about the top 3, Cyborg, Lois, and Simon Baz really deserve...no, require, their own series. Question would also be a strong choice. The rest don't interest me personally, but I am not opposed in anyway to their creation.

WonderTot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I would live for a better Zatanna ongoing, but Lois (ain'tnobodyinmy)Lane.... I can't. I have ambien for that.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Honestly skimmed tHrougH tHe list just to make sure Cyborg was on tHe list.

I am a fan of Simon Baz but How does He deserve a solo series more tHan Static SHock?

-ABstract4$$#073-

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Sir, @inferiorego -

I could not agree with you more that there is a definite interest, market and ability to tell great stories with Zatanna and especially with Cyborg (particularly in the wake of DC removing their Barbara as Oracle - a move that truly still stirs deep emotions with me).

They would instantly marketable with strong branding; I'm truly surprised they do not exist already. And even though I cannot say I truly agree with any of the rest being so capable of being worthy stories and profitable enterprises (unless Booster was being written in a comedic/physically comical a la Deadpool fashion) - I thank you for the article.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martian Manhunter should be #1.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baz would not sell at all. He is worse than John!

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Cyborg should lead the teen titans. Playing a mentor role to the younger heroes like before. This could also help Cyborg lighten up and start the friendship with beastboy we all love. Plus I think it wouldn't be too hard to pull off. The League finally realizes the titans are out there leading to an over-due confrontation with the teen titans and the justice league and ending with the decision that Cyborg will monitor them.

Darksider555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Red Robin

Zatanna

Martian Manhunter

Shazam

GL Simon Baz (Just put him somewhere)

Stephanie Brown

Captain Atom (he deserves a chance again)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@dondave said:

MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, MARTIAN MANHUNTER

Hmm I wonder what DC series Dondave wants to see. A perplexing mystery to say the least...

I'd also add an Orion or Shazam series to the list. DC needs more diversity and titles for solid B list heroes in the New 52. And these two are the best candidates IMO alongside Martian Manhunter. Since DC are pushing Cyborg in Justice League, he needs a series of his own. Maybe a Zatanna or Etrigan series to strengthen The Dark line too. All in all, some variety in the New 52 would be much appreciated in bringing back the quality DC once had.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@inferiorego: I love you for putting Simon Baz on here. Completely unexpected, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves the character. I need more material to update his wiki page with!

Also, I though Booster Gold was already getting an ongoing. Wasn't that announced?

It says in the article that he is getting a one shot but no on-going has been confirmed.

Ah, yes. I was confused by this quote from Newsarama:

"However, according to the Futures End teaser image, Booster Gold is making a comeback in the weekly — and is also getting his own title in September, which ties into the "Five Years Later" theme of Futures End. The issue is written by Booster creator and Futures End co-writer Dan Jurgens."

Looks like they were just referring to the one-shot. They should've worded it better.

Ekimus81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Why does Captain Cold need an ongoing? what's so special about him to star in his own series,lets be reasonable here. I see no point in Baz either,he's a useless character,Lois Lane doesn't have "IT".

Agree with Cyborg,Zatanna and Question. The New Gods and Shazam too.

AGREED 100%

Aliltron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Ehh...the only one from this list I'd be interested in would be Zatanna.

I don't think Cyborg is popular enough to have his own solo, and neither is Simon Baz. My choices for solo's would be (in no order):

1. Shazam- how this isn't an ongoing yet is beyond me, probably due to the fact that Johns is fairly busy with Justice League, Forever Evil, and now Superman. However, Johns' work on Shazam in the New 52 was phenomenal and I really think it'd be a great book.

2. Hawkgirl- I'd love to see a series based on Earth 2 Hawkgirl. Given as she's sort of been left out of the Earth 2 title (she is making more appearances now however) I think it's time she were given the spotlight.

3. The Question- Without a doubt, the Question needs his own book. Like stated before, if the Trinity of Sin, Phantom Stranger and Pandora have ongoings, why not The Question? To me, I'm fine with either Renee or Vic, but this is a series that needs to be made.

4. Mera- Mera is arguably one of the highlights of the New 52 (along with Aquaman). She was made into an important character with Blackest Night and now in the New 52. She has become my favorite heroine and I would definitely pay to see a Mera ongoing. The only question would be if it would be before she met Arthur, or in the present. If he's busy with the Justice League someone needs to run Atlantis right?

5. Martian Manhunter- Another given, J'onn would be another great candidate for a solo title. He's my favorite character of the Justice League of America (now Justice League United) so it's no question why I'd love to have him in his own series.

6. Black Canary- I would fill this in for Lois Lane. We really only get to see Black Canary in the less-than mediocre Birds of Prey title, and it'd be fitting to have her get her own title. She's popular enough to warrant her own title. Who knows? It could be fun to have her interact with Oliver in the New 52 as well.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#132 inferiorego  Staff
@jaken7 said:

@inferiorego said:

@jaken7 said:

@inferiorego: I love you for putting Simon Baz on here. Completely unexpected, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves the character. I need more material to update his wiki page with!

Also, I though Booster Gold was already getting an ongoing. Wasn't that announced?

It says in the article that he is getting a one shot but no on-going has been confirmed.

Ah, yes. I was confused by this quote from Newsarama:

"However, according to the Futures End teaser image, Booster Gold is making a comeback in the weekly — and is also getting his own title in September, which ties into the "Five Years Later" theme of Futures End. The issue is written by Booster creator and Futures End co-writer Dan Jurgens."

Looks like they were just referring to the one-shot. They should've worded it better.

I saw that too. Sometimes, when you have to write the news up real quick-like, your wording suffers.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: Understandable. It's as much my fault for quickly reading through that once and running with my misconception. Lol.

Sounds like there's a lot of pressure in the Internet journalism industry to break news and post articles as fast as you can. Is that something you can easily empathize with others in your same field? Even if it's by your competitors?

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By GrimoireMyst

@jonny_anonymous said:

@captain13 said:

Baz was only created so that DC could kill off John. When they couldn't do that, they had no plans for Baz. There are too many Green Lanterns. Ship Baz off to the Blue Lanterns. He can be in Kyle's book.

No one is actually interested in Lois Lane having her own title. The big two are about superheroes and villains. She is neither.

I'm not interested in NuCyborg at all anymore, but I could change my mind if he shared a book with Nightwing, Beastboy, Raven, and Starfire.

Captain Cold could be pretty awesome as long as he's written as morally on both sides, not an anti-hero. Think Bronn on Game of Thrones.

The others are good choices. I'd like to see the Question and Huntress team up again.

Massively disagree with this.

Really? I massively agree with this. Stories just about her and her job were just boring to me. A comic about a reporter by itself would be boring and in the DC world they would have to constantly name drop both heroes and villains that are apart of her investigations to get any readers. "Find out the secret of so and so in the next issue" sort of thing. It can't be because there are not enough female leading comics as it also has to be interesting. Cassandra Cain or Zatanna would be a better option imo.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@grimoire said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@captain13 said:

Baz was only created so that DC could kill off John. When they couldn't do that, they had no plans for Baz. There are too many Green Lanterns. Ship Baz off to the Blue Lanterns. He can be in Kyle's book.

No one is actually interested in Lois Lane having her own title. The big two are about superheroes and villains. She is neither.

I'm not interested in NuCyborg at all anymore, but I could change my mind if he shared a book with Nightwing, Beastboy, Raven, and Starfire.

Captain Cold could be pretty awesome as long as he's written as morally on both sides, not an anti-hero. Think Bronn on Game of Thrones.

The others are good choices. I'd like to see the Question and Huntress team up again.

Massively disagree with this.

Really? I massively agree with this. Stories just about her and her job were just boring to me. A comic about a reporter by itself would be boring and in the DC world they would have to constantly name drop both heroes and villains that are apart of her investigations to get any readers. "Find out the secret of so and so in the next issue" sort of thing. It can't be because there are not enough female leading comics as it also has to be interesting. Cassandra Cain or Zatanna would be a better option imo.

She would be reposting on the superhero crimes obviously, just like how Gotham Central was about normal police dealing with supervillains.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martian Manhunter should be #1.

I agree, MMH and Spectre need their owns series. These are two characters that need more credit seriously, especially in N52 both having or will have a bigger impact.

I say Who cares about Simon Baz, Cuborg and The Question...Cyborg we all know his story and he's been getting serious show time in animated movies, FE arch etc, Simon IMO is kind of dull and blah and Question is just IDK....nothing screams "interesting" about him.

brenster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if the question gets his own book, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. Vic Sage is awsome and needs his own book. also can we get an Opal monthly, a monthly series about Opal city after jack left?

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I couldn't care less about Lois, cyborg or Simon Baz. How could you not mention Martian Manhunter or Shazam?

AmbushSatyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liveforever: YEAH TIM DRAKE! But I really want an Ambush Bug Series.

Dstick88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Dstick88

Time drake. He is the best suited robin, he is way more interesting than nightwing, and i have to assume more interesting than 00 Dick Bond.

Shazam isnt a bad idea, i can think of a few books to drop for shazam

jwrose5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Commissioner James Gordon and the GCPD needs their own series. I want to see more DC where people are struggling to balance their personal lives and responsibilities in a world full of heroes. I feel like the focus in DC is on the powers and world saving rather than their whole lives as a whole. Aquaman has no life aside from Atlantis and the JL. Batman is Batman full time. Wonder Woman is a god. Superman is only Clark in order to find people to save. Let's see some one (Shazam would be good. If Cyborg could hide his cybernetic implants that would be great) with a secret identity struggle with having powers and maintaining the semblance of a normal life. Try to work, go to school, a social life/relationship, etc. Its one reason I like Spider-man so much, he's relateable. Nightwing used to be a good choice, but now he's dead and a spy. Martian Manhunter getting used to earth life and saving the world would be amazing!

Avatar image for animalgirlmaxine
AnimalGirlMaxine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may be the only one who might end up buying it, but I'd like to see a comic featuring Ralph "The Elongated Man" and Sue Dibny as private investigators a la Nick and Nora Charles or even in the vein of Sherlock and Joan's partnership in "Elementary". Even if it was a miniseries or a one-shot, I'd pick it up.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Secret Six

Deadshot

Cyborg

Red Tornado

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First, DC needs to get rid of their "52 series exactly" rule. Dont they realize they have more than 52 characters that people want to read? Especially when half of that 52 are batman or superman or characters that originate from those two. I want all the batman I can get but there's should be more than 52 series so other characters can shine too

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

1. Captain Marvel
  2. Martian Manhunter
  3. The Question
  4. Doom Patrol
  5. Lois Lane
  6. Captain Cold
  7. Zatanna
Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A Nightwing series would be cool

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Terrible picks. I wouldn't pick up any of them.

Shazam needs his own solo series.

carter853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My list:

1. Luthor

2. Doom Patrol

3. Secret Six

4. Rogues

5. Wonder Woman: Goddess of War

Move the Olympian stuff to goddess of war from Wonder Woman so classic Wonder Woman villains can be in the main book.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@crazyscarecrow: I really hope Captain Marvel doesn't get a series, I can't stand this new Billy. The less of him the better.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

@captainmarvel4ever: I couldn't really stand him either though by the end of Justice League #21 I believe (the big Captain Marvel/Black Adam issue) I think he is becoming better. As long as DC doesn't remind me that Billy was a total dick in the beginning of the New 52 and they say something like CMJ just died (I can't stand New 52 Freddy) then I'll be fine. Also Mr. Mind was hinted at in the end of that issue and I love Mr. Mind. Maybe for once I can truly root for Mr. Mind and not feel bad about since he'll be facing New 52 Captain Marvel.

@carter853: A Lex Luthor series would be awesome!