Which world do you prefer?

• 
AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The whole purpose of the Ultimate Universe was to bring in new readers to give older fans a new universe where things weren't so messed up...

When it was first launched, Ultimates was cool because it kept characters dead and gave heroes personalities that were interesting...

Then, it resurrected characters, made people go mad, caused Ultimatum and soon...

It was just as muddled and disorganised as the 616....

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

The biggest reason I like 1610 is Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley's historic run on Ultimate Spider-man.

The main reason I don't like it is what it did to the Avengers (don't get me started)*. Of course, there are many others.

Overall, I prefer 616 overwhelmingly.

*I subconsciously want someone to get me started. Don't do it.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

#3  Edited By Guru_Crack

Have only just started Ultimates but do prefer it atm but am only reading Spider-Man atm.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By micah007123

Ultimates #1 is what got me into comics, and before the Universe went to hell I was praying this would become the main continuity. Even through the bad days (ever since Ultimates 3) I still love the universe because I've learned to expect the unexpected. Soooooooooooo Ultimates in a landslide.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Ultimate Universe got me into Marvel. It has an extreme soft spot and special place in my heart. But with each major event, it became less special. Yeah, it became VERY different and nearly indistinguishable from the 616 Universe, which was cool, but it also became indistinguishable from the Ultimate Universe as well. Pre-Ultimatum, I would have said Ultimate in a heart beat. Even, pre-DoSM, I'd have said Ultimate. But then there was the DoSM and things really changed. While we had an awesome run on ULTIMATES, there was the extremely lackluster Ultimate X-Men series and to be honest, I'm still not huge into Miles or his series, even though I enjoyed it mostly. And then Cataclysm happened. So, with that said, I choose 616.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6  Edited By GraniteSoldier

616. It got me into comics and I love it's long-standing continuity. Plus it houses some of my favorite characters in comics.

Ultimates is fun, and I really liked it at first...but when they started killing characters what felt like haphazardly for the shock value and because "they really aren't coming back here" it just felt like a gimmick.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Noone301994

616 in a stomp.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I don't know that I've read enough of Ultimates but I've always bee way more interested in 616.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

616 in a total LMFAOROTFCURBSTOMPAGE. With the exemption of Miles, of course. Oh wait. 616 already has him. Never mind. SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE!

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

616, but what I do like about 1610 are the costumes are more practical and makes everyone look like a unit

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

616. It got me into comics and I love it's long-standing continuity. Plus it houses some of my favorite characters in comics.

Ultimates is fun, and I really liked it at first...but when they started killing characters what felt like haphazardly for the shock value and because "they really aren't coming back here" it just felt like a gimmick.

Perfectly stated.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MarlboroMan

Ultimate universe if i ignore the last 4-5 years. If i can't ignore than 616