Avatar image for emerald_dragonfly_deleteme
Emerald Dragonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@Roninidas: 
Actually, I don't discredit him - I think that he is a legend, as I said before, and that's why I don't like what happened to him - Bucky will just wear the suit of Captain America and have the same powers Steve did, but that new Cap is not the one who made the image of a man in such a costume a symbol. And new way of "evolving" Steve is... Well, let's say, it's not what I wanted it to be. Legend is a legend, but the brightest period of it's life is left behind. And about plotwriters - I didn't say that DC guys are awesome, I only said that MARVEL went totally crazy.
Roninidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By Roninidas
@Emerald Dragonfly: 

That's just it.  The only thing that has really changed for Steve Rogers is his job.  He still stands for what he stood for while he was Captain America.  the thing that really excites me is the now that he is in Nick Fury's old position he has the opportunity to set so many things right and apply his school of thought to so many different things.  His reach literally just was extended 1000 fold.  So, is he going to rise above and bring America back to its former glory or will he succumb to the political pressures of his new found post?  I don't, but it is exciting.   

Bucky Cap is great; he doesn't have the same abilities of Steve Rogers.  Bucky never took the Super Soldier Serum, the only part of him that is remotedly close to Steve in strength is the Cybernetic Arm.  The only part of him that can wield the Shield.  Other than that he is an Average Joe like the rest of us trying to live up to the standard Steve Rogers created.  Which, I love that Idea and concept.   

Furthermore, you seem like an intelligent guy, I am not joking or being an asshole, I am being completely sincere.  You know, when we get closer to the Captain America Movie, they will put Steve back in the traditional Red, White and Blue Costume.  I don't know what will happen between now and then, but I look forward to it.  I hope its good.   

I like the direction Marvel went it.  When they killed Steve Rogers, I was mad.  My train of thought was, How do you replace Steve Rogers?  You can't?  Then Bucky took over... and basically was on the same page as me.  Same tain of thought.  I can't replace Steve Rogers, so I won't, I will just try to live up to his standards.  Just like that, I was hooked.  I think Marvel has there act together with Captain America.  I especially like the idea of the Herioc Age.  I just think DC is a couple steps behind.  I like some of DCs Titles, but all in all, they are all gimmicks and don't capture me with their characters the way Marvel does, especially Captain America.  He is my favorite.  I think the best is yet to come for Bucky, for Steve and for Captain America!

Farley Deering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Farley Deering

You could add most of the heroes from Project Superpowers, most seem to be a rift on Captain America/WW2 patriotic hero thing.  As I'm British, well really I'm Scottish but as there is no Captain Scotland (and why not?), I'll see your America patriots and raise you Captain Britain! 

No Caption Provided
Drifter1699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Drifter1699

@Emerald Dragonfly:
I have to respectfully disagree in regard to your "new Cap is lame" comment.   
In Capt America #50, Bucky is attacked by terrorists.  After he beats them one says "you aint the real Captain America."  To which Bucky replies "Believe me, I know that better than anyone...but I'm tryin."  This is the essence of the new Cap.  That inward struggle between what we are and what we should be.  It's human.  It's us.  In otherwords, it's why we all know who Captain America is and what he stands for and why I had to look The Shield up on wikipedia. 

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Andferne

Statesman
 Statesman

Roninidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Roninidas
@Drifter1699:
Oh S*** ! That just happened!  Shake and Bake!  Shake (Hand Motioning Shake) and Bake (Hand Motioning Bake).  That just happened! 
damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#107  Edited By damswedon

Almost anything on DC that is Pre 60's. American Patriotism in comics makes me cringe. maybe thats because in England being a Patriot almost always means being a BNP supporter. 

that being said i would not be against Miss America coming back.

Avatar image for silver_knight75
Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#108  Edited By Silver Knight75
@Andferne: NICE
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By llagrok

Superman protects the entire world, not just America. I think Uncle Sam is a spot more patriotic than Kal.

dr.x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 16

#110  Edited By dr.x

of coures  the frist one  of them  is The Shield . 

or  Man Of War 

, Super-American

LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By LP

He is, to me, what it means to be American and one of my absolute favorite superheroes. 

Must agree....
Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

General Glory
General Glory

Superpatriot