#1 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4337 posts) - - Show Bio

What were 3 of your favorite comics to read when you were younger/growing up, and what are 3 of your favorites now/ are they the same? how have things changed?

#2 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor,Captain Marvel( Mar-Vell),Captain Marvel( Shazam),Green Lantern (H. Jordan) were my favorites and now It's pretty much the same.

#3 Edited by JediXMan (30653 posts) - - Show Bio

Younger: 

X-Men
Batman
Spider-Man

Now:

X-Men 
Batman
Green Lantern

.... yeah.

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: That's pretty funny.

I guess:

• Wolverine
  • Nightwing
  • Gambit

Now:

• Nightwing
  • Bucky
  • ...Gambit, perhaps.
#5 Posted by The Stegman (24480 posts) - - Show Bio

Younger- 

Batman, Batman, and Batman 

Now 

Batman 

Green Lantern 

Teen Titans

#6 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4337 posts) - - Show Bio

for me, younger : x-men, legion of superheroes, all-star squadron (lots of other also, hard to pick just 3).............now: it changes frequently, but most recent is : Fantastic four/FF, sercret avengers/new avengers, uncanny x-force. things have changed for me by instead of just pivking up a book because of the character or the cover(ha!), I am now driven by creative teams/content/story arcs.

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Younger: Spider-man, Superman, and Hulk

Now: Superman, Spider-man, and Green Lantern

#8 Posted by SlackerGuy (20 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was a kid I didn't know the difference between new comics and back issues so I grew up in the 90's reading Simonson's run on Thor, 80's Avengers and 80's Spidey. lol. I think i just liked looking in the boxes and getting books that already had bags and boards.

Now it's Spidey, The 6th Gun and Invincible.

#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

When I first started reading comics (about 12), all I read and enjoyed were the works of Bendis's Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers: Disassembled.

Now if anyone on here has ever had a conversation with me here on the site, you know that that's changed A LOT. lol

#10 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Kid

Spider-Man

Storm

Batman

Now

Storm

Captain America

Hawkeye