2099 or Nah?

NessaXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By NessaXVI

As if there aren’t enough Spider-Man books out, the first issue of yet another Spidey series, “Spider-Man 2099” came out last week. This series is set in the present time, however, (and of course) the Spider-Man in this book, Miguel, time traveled back to 2014 from 2099 to take care of some things and hopefully change some happenings in his timeline.

I read the teaser a while back as well as the first issue but I’m not sold. I think the time travel thing has now become sort of a crutch and excuse for Marvel to have so many books of the same flagship characters. I’m over it. The writing was mediocre at best. It is still pretty early to judge the series as a whole being that this is only the first issue, but it seems pretty predictable and unentertaining to be honest.

What are your thoughts?

XVI

orangedrink888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By orangedrink888

I agree with you. May need one or 2 more issue reads to make up my mind. They should have just kept going with Scarlet Spider. I like that guy.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Master_Thief

They should of kept him in 2099 in the series

NessaXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangedrink888: You are so right! I was pretty late on Scarlet Spider, but fairly quickly after picking up on the series, I could see why so many people loved that character, and I fell for him too. It's a shame that these companies sometimes don't really listen to their audiences and cancel books we actually enjoy. Hopefully they bring him back sooner than later.

NessaXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_thief: I think so too. That would have been a more interesting and not so cliche way to do it. And think of the endless possibilities with such a futuristic timeline. Not so much you can really do with the present. But we shall see how the series unfolds.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I completely missed this issue. I need to get my hands on it this week.