12th Doctor? Who should it be?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Who should play the Doctor? Who suits the role? Who will realistically be able to play him due to availability, fame etc. My opinion is one of these 5 with 1 as my favourite and 5 as my least (But all would be awesome).

1:Tim Roth (Lie to Me, Pulp fiction)- Completely different from any other Doctor so ar whereas I feel Matt Smith is a bit of an amalgamation of David Tennant and Sylvester McCoy, except Matt Smith is crap. Tim Roth would be tough, cerebral, not Nerdy but passionate, with a real sense of age and authority which could be even more wrathful than 10.

2:James Nesbitt(Jekyll, Cold Feet)

3: Aiden Gillan (Game of Thrones, The wire)

4:Colin Salmon(James Bond, Resident Evil)

5:Cilian Murphy(28 Days Later, Batman series(Nolan))

Also Ian McShane or Benedict Cumberbatch as the Master when John Simm is done.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Billy Batson

Ricky Gervais :D
BB

Razero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Razero

James McAvoy would be my top choice.

acer1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By acer1_

None of these people. As much as I would Love Benedict to play The Doctor, I would much rather have someone relatively unknown in the role once Matt steps down.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I still would like to see Patrick Stewart do it...

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

I want a woman to play the next Doctor. Preferably the actress who played Irene Adler in Sherlock.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@Acer. said:

None of these people. As much as I would Love Benedict to play The Doctor, I would much rather have someone relatively unknown in the role once Matt steps down.

I agree about Benedict Cumberbatch, He is the ideal choice, but I didn't put him because it's unrealistic, he's hit Hollywood and is hot property at the moment, and it would definitely mean no more Sherlock, which is not a world I want to live in. As for unknown I think that's a bad decision, Matt Smith has become massively popular(Although I still hold true to Tennant, and believe that Matt Smith sucks), to cast an unknown would be a bad decision. It's similar to how when Tom Baker played the role, Peter Davidson was cast next because he was already well known to fill the enormous shoe of the Baker era. I think this is about two years away at the moment anyway.

coolguyr99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By coolguyr99

Max Beesley.

acer1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By acer1_

@RogueShadow said:

@Acer. said:

I agree about Benedict Cumberbatch, He is the ideal choice, but I didn't put him because it's unrealistic, he's hit Hollywood and is hot property at the moment, and it would definitely mean no more Sherlock, which is not a world I want to live in. As for unknown I think that's a bad decision, Matt Smith has become massively popular(Although I still hold true to Tennant, and believe that Matt Smith sucks), to cast an unknown would be a bad decision. It's similar to how when Tom Baker played the role, Peter Davidson was cast next because he was already well known to fill the enormous shoe of the Baker era. I think this is about two years away at the moment anyway.

I disagree on the decision of casting an unknown being bad. I stated relatively, meaning that they would still have to be an established actor. Just not somebody who people would first think of. All 3 Doctor's since the reboot were just that. Terrific actors but not ones you constantly heard about. It wasn't until they became the Doctor that they reached new heights in their careers. Im really not to fussed to be honest. Every Doctor since the rebirth has been great in my book and I expect the next one to follow suit.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Sovereign91001

@CrimsonAvenger said:

I want a woman to play the next Doctor.

This.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@CrimsonAvenger said:

I want a woman to play the next Doctor. Preferably the actress who played Irene Adler in Sherlock.

I wouldn't really want a woman but she would be a terrific time lady e.g. Rani, Romana.

@Acer. said:

@RogueShadow said:

@Acer. said:

I disagree on the decision of casting an unknown being bad. I stated relatively, meaning that they would still have to be an established actor. Just not somebody who people would first think of. All 3 Doctor's since the reboot were just that. Terrific actors but not ones you constantly heard about. It wasn't until they became the Doctor that they reached new heights in their careers. Im really not to fussed to be honest. Every Doctor since the rebirth has been great in my book and I expect the next one to follow suit.

Well both Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant were fairly well established, and after his portrayal of Casanova, he was in the mix of names for the next Doctor. And I genuinely hate the new Matt Smith era, especially series 7 my God, it should be on CBBC.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#12  Edited By Joygirl

I will second McAvoy and the call for a female doctor.

Razero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Razero

Well...if there MUST be a female doctor, Helena Bonham Carter would be good.