Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't really care about others opinions about the movies, I enjoyed the DC movies more than Marvels kiddy movies even though I didn't like the Nolan trilogy besides Joker.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By MatthewParker

I don't really care about others opinions about the movies, I enjoyed the DC movies more than Marvels kiddy movies even though I didn't like the Nolan trilogy besides Joker.

"marvels kiddy movies" lol anyway which dc movies did you like, if not the nolan trilogy? Green Lantern? Jonah Hex?

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I havent given up on DCCU, but I'm slightly worried about it. The Batman movies were ok, but Joker was the only reason it took off. MoS was a massive turn off for me; There was no need for a trillion ad placements in that movie. I'm not going to act like GL ever existed. I hope DC has an idea on what they want to do with their cinematic universe.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ccraft

10 reasons why you should have patience with the DC universe!

1. DC is just starting it's universe, imo we got an incredible "first" DC film that is setting up their universe, just be glad GL wasn't that. The second DC film, SvB, couldn't get here fast enough, because I truly think when the sequel for MOS comes out, people will become hopeful for the DC universe again.

Well would you look at that I only need one reason...

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker: I don't really like superhero movies at all be honest they are usually just something to watch. When comes to Marvel I liked their movies before Spider-man 3 came out I enjoyed Blade, Punisher, X-men(1-2) and Spider-man(not 3). When it comes to DC I enjoyed V, Watchman, the older batman movies, Superman 1-2, MOS and Constantine (even though it's crap compared to Hellblazer).

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MatthewParker

@matthewparker: I don't really like superhero movies at all be honest they are usually just something to watch. When comes to Marvel I liked their movies before Spider-man 3 came out I enjoyed Blade, Punisher, X-men(1-2) and Spider-man(not 3). When it comes to DC I enjoyed V, Watchman, the older batman movies, Superman 1-2, MOS and Constantine (even though it's crap compared to Hellblazer).

cool, will you be watching days of future past?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777 said:

With Wolverine in it? Hell no.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't care about this random guy opinions.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker said:

@immortal777 said:

wolverine was in xmen 1 and 2 also, so why is that a turn off?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Emperorb777

@immortal777 said:

@matthewparker said:

@immortal777 said:

Because of Wolverine: Origins.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker said:

@immortal777 said:

@matthewparker said:

@immortal777 said:

Because of Wolverine: Origins.

lol, i would say give it a chance, but its not my money so.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By flameboy298

Didn't look at it,but how you can give up on something that hasn't even begun to start?

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

But...but...we've only got one movie so far :(

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't look at it,but how you can give up on something that hasn't even begun to start?

lol the original title was 10 reasons why weve already given up on the dc cinematic universe. i had to cut it out because it was to long

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

No.
No.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Reason 9 made me LOL

also

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolverine008
MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By judasnixon

I'm sooooooooo tired of this comic book movie pissing contest.... There are people out there that all they want is the next Marvel or DC movie to flop so that they can feel like their side has won....... I'm over it.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I'm sooooooooo tired of this comic book movie pissing contest.... There are people out there that all they want is the next Marvel or DC movie to flop so that they can feel like their side has won....... I'm over it.

This...so eloquently summed up my thoughts...

Enough with the hate. If you like the movie, cool. If you don't, cool. Liking one movie over another doesn't make you any better or worse or mean a damn thing.

It feels like the forums can, seriously, not go a week without one of these threads popping up...and then devolving into the same tribalism argument of "Marvel films vs DC films".

Like the above said, I'm over it.

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iDude

@flameboy298 said:

@black_arrow said:

Don't care about this random guy opinions.

^This and.

The Dc cinematic universe is coming, and if you've already given up on something thats barely even begun, well I really don't know what to say to you. I'm personally very excited that Dc is finally getting around to it and IMO Man of steel was a great launching pad for a shared universe.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

@judasnixon: Agreed. I've never understood the rivalry to begin with.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I hate whatculture so much.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pokeysteve

Wow that list is crap. I agree with number 5, the casting of Gal as Wonder Woman.

• He also criticised Irons as Alfred which I don't understand.
  • Marvel already won? I didn't know it was a competition. If that's the case, Marvel has a nine movie headstart.
  • He complains that DC is rushing things with having a Justice League movie planned and then complains DC isn't thinking ahead enough with plans only until JL.
  • He mentions Man of Steel and it's plot holes. I've defended that movie since I saw it. It has no plot holes. Just an inconsistency or 2. The gravity defying Lois being the big one. He complains about the destruction to Metropolis but doesn't mention the convenience of the Chitauri self destructing lol.
  • There is no war between companies. I think most of us just want to see our favorite heroes on the big screen.

Can't really expect much from a guy named BROGAN though I guess.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

honestly i gave up on dc a few months ago in general. their books arent doing it for me anymore and they really attack their fans. the only dc related thing im into is arrow (and flash when it comes) and their games. but movies,comics,animated shows, and even animated movies (war and son of batman were bad) ill just avoid now

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Me too!! Goddamit its nice we are getting these movies!!

Avatar image for iyoloswag420blazeit
iYoloSwag420BlazeIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whole thing essentially boils down to "I didn't like Man of Steel" and "It's not Marvel." List has no credibility in my eyes.

A keen observer and an intelligent reply.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reason 9 made me LOL

also

I remember posting that in another thread lol

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow that list is crap. I agree with number 5, the casting of Gal as Wonder Woman.

• He also criticised Irons as Alfred which I don't understand.
  • Marvel already won? I didn't know it was a competition. If that's the case, Marvel has a nine movie headstart.
  • He complains that DC is rushing things with having a Justice League movie planned and then complains DC isn't thinking ahead enough with plans only until JL.
  • He mentions Man of Steel and it's plot holes. I've defended that movie since I saw it. It has no plot holes. Just an inconsistency or 2. The gravity defying Lois being the big one. He complains about the destruction to Metropolis but doesn't mention the convenience of the Chitauri self destructing lol.
  • There is no war between companies. I think most of us just want to see our favorite heroes on the big screen.

Can't really expect much from a guy named BROGAN though I guess.

this

Avatar image for oosupermanthathoeoo
oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JetiiMitra said:

Whole thing essentially boils down to "I didn't like Man of Steel" and "It's not Marvel." List has no credibility in my eyes.

A keen observer and an intelligent reply.

I concur.

You'd think fans could at least appreciate the tonal, and stylistic diversity being offered by both companies. DC is making grown up films and Marvel is, uhm, ASM2 was good tho'!

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grown up? An emo kid cutting himself is grown up? That is the "tonal" atmosphere of MoS.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pokeysteve

Grown up? An emo kid cutting himself is grown up? That is the "tonal" atmosphere of MoS.

I think you have MoS and Superman Returns confused....

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By iDude

@oosupermanthathoeoo: Bro, you really shouldn't put down Marvel, they make movies that are appealing to all ages, both companies have a different take on what superhero movies tones should be, and that's a good thing, it gives us fans diversity.

@MatthewParker: Yes, Marvel is winning, but DC has barely even started. Marvel had a head start into the game, that doesn't mean DC can't catch up.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lateralus

@pokeysteve said:

@lateralus said:

I think you have MoS and Superman Returns confused....

The Superman character in Superman Returns is pretty emo....but the entire atmosphere of MoS is emo. I swear the script seems like it was written by 3 teenagers after they got bored to listening to Deathcab for Cutie and masturbating where they used their tears as lube.

Avatar image for oosupermanthathoeoo
oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idude - tagged you, late to catch your reply.

@matthewparker said:

@oosupermanthathoeoo: why insult marvel? Is it because there clearly winning?

It's not really an insult, but it's not as if Disney Marvel films are getting any better ( I hold much higher regard for what Sony and Fox are doing with their Marvel slices as of recently ). I feel as if their starts have been much stronger, although they seem to be showing more ambition as is exemplified in TWS ( which frankly fell flat as the social commentary it attempted to be ). It'd better serve them to stop pumping out so many tired standalones, and let us anticipate high quality teamups every few years in addition to new character sets. They obviously have a higher output of films, but most of them are quite generic. It goes without saying that they're ahead financially. Considering either offerings as films, and not just comic book interpretations, DC is far ahead of the game AFAIC ( without mention to anything pre Batman Begins and equating GL to Thor 2 ).

@lateralus - Would you be offended if I took a guess as to what your IQ is? Quit projecting, your cry for attention is obvious.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By iDude

@oosupermanthathoeoo: You come from a stand point where you don't really care for the MCU, I respect that. Its just not very common to find someone who doesn't really care for Disney/Marvel movies.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My thoughts exactly reading the article but you said it better.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Superman character in Superman Returns is pretty emo....but the entire atmosphere of MoS is emo. I swear the script seems like it was written by 3 teenagers after they got bored to listening to Deathcab for Cutie and masturbating where they used their tears as lube.

I was going to argue with you but that is just too hilarious hahahaha

To be fair though, the plot of MoS is Humans be eradicated and replaced. Not exactly good times.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sh#t article

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FearTheLiving
Blinded by the butt-hurt fans
Blinded by the butt-hurt fans

In all seriousness who the hell cares what this guy thinks, he brings up so decent points but it's an opinion.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I've never understand this whole Marvel is "winning stance." I get they make popular films but they and DC aren't competing. No DC is a DC film, its a Warner Brother's films first, DC films second. Disney must be reliant on Marvel because they up to this point didn't have any live-action franchises (apart from POTC) to bring in the bucks and franchises that appealed to boys. WB has always had a strong output of different films, last year they only had 1 superhero film out and yet they were the highest grossing studio of that year (they also had no Batman or Harry Potter films out that year.) Hey WB was the first studio to have a film reach 400 million+ of the year (The LEGO movie which is still doing big business.) So nobody is winning just different business models.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By youknowwhattodo

It seems like every week there is some article saying "10 reasons why the DCCU is going to rock', "10 reasons why the DCCU is going to suck", "10 reasons why the MCU is ruining everything" and it's like this is the real consequence of the Avengers, it has inspired pointless attention-seeking articles like this one.

cedrito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this guy is basically saying "Marvel's established itself and has gotten solid footing in the film industry sooner than DC, and therefore everything else DC will churn out in the cinemas from here on out will be terrible."

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This guy is just a blatantly obvious hater of DC. I might not like DC right now, but I couldn't help but laugh at his sophomoric blog.