• 58 results
Posted by erik_norris (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome back to 10 Comics to Buy This Week. As you're probably well aware, there are a metric crap-ton of comic books hitting shelves every single week. And for the common consumer, it's financially impossible to pick up everything. That's where this column steps in like your superhero savior, drawing your attention to 10 books worth your hard-earned dollars during any given week.

We not only going to spotlight tights and capes books, but also some indie titles off the beaten path, which, if all goes well, will broaden your reading horizons.

Action Comics #0

It’s officially 0 month for the DC New 52. Grant Morrison and artist Ben Oliver flash back to the early days of Clark Kent in Metropolis to tell a story about a boy who steals Superman’s cape. How will this story tie into Grant Morrison’s overall Superman saga? We’re not quite sure, but odds are it will, so we’re game.

Animal Man #0

Jeff Lemire and Steve Pugh reveal the secret history of Animal Man, detailing how he got his powers in the first place. Meanwhile, expect some more teases in regards to the upcoming Rotworld crossover.

Archer & Armstrong #2

The relaunch of Archer & Armstrong continues as part of Valiant’s super successful, universe-wide reboot. Will Archer be able to come to terms with the conspiracy he’s wrapped up in? Or better yet, will he be able to put aside his differences with Armstrong -- the man he’s destined to kill -- in order to overcome an evil bigger than both of them?

Green Lantern #0

It’s finally time to meet that brand new Green Lantern everyone is talking about. And in the wake of the Green Lantern Annual #1, now’s as good a time as any to find a new protector for space sector 2814...

Harvest #2

The first issue of Harvest was dark. Like, really, really dark. However, it was also quite good, with some great artwork by Colin Lorimer and interesting characters penned by A.J. Lieberman. With Harvest #2, Dr. Benjamin Dane continues his downward spiral in the business of selling human organs. Someone grab the popcorn.

Hawkeye #2

What is Clint Barton up to when he’s not on official Avengers business? That’s the through line of Matt Fraction and David Aja’s new Hawkeye series, and it is really great. This series is all about Clint solving human problems, like dealing with jerkwad landlord “bros” and rescuing adorable puppies in need. If you’re wondering what’s so special about Hawkeye as a character, check this series out.

Planet of the Apes: Cataclysm #1

This new Planet of the Apes miniseries by Corinna Bechko, Gabriel Hardman and artist Damian Couceiro acts as a great jumping-on point for new readers. The series takes place eight years before astronaut George Taylor falls from the stars and focuses on a mad monk who intends to wake an Alpha-Omega bomb, which will surely destroy everything. It’s up to Doctor Zaius to put a stop to it all.

Punisher #15

All the solicitation for Punisher #15 says is, “Punisher vs. the NYPD. Nobody wins.” And honestly, that’s all we needed to hear/read. Greg Rucka’s Punisher saga might be winding down, but it remains just as enjoyable as when the writer first took over the book.

Swamp Thing #0

Scott Snyder and artist Kano flash back to shed light on the brutal history of Anton Arcane and his connection to the Green, Red and Rot. Throughout history he has murdered many from both the Green and Red, so how has Alec Holland managed to escape his murderous grasp so many times? Find out here.

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #14

The “Divided We Fall” event continues to tear through the Ultimate Marvel universe. This issue actually represents the first ever team-up between the new Spider-Man, Miles Morales, and the Ultimates. Pick this one up to see if Spidey has the cojones to hang with the Ultimate universe’s Avengers squad.

Erik Norris is a freelance writer for sites such as ComicVine, IGN and CraveOnline.com. You can stalk him on Twitter @Regular_Erik.

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33942 posts) - - Show Bio

Harvest? Hmm how did I miss that?

#2 Posted by longbowhunter (7306 posts) - - Show Bio

First of the month is always my favorite week. Picking up Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Green Lantern, Punisher and Hawkeye. Also got Earth 2, Dial H and The Cape: 1969. Action and Archer & Armstrong both look interesting too.

#3 Posted by riiiiiiiight (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Going to be a good week. Out of these I'll be picking up Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Green Lantern, Action Comics, Hawkeye, Archer and Armstrong,

#4 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Action Comics!

#5 Posted by jwalser3 (5178 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal man and Swamp thing!

#6 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9185 posts) - - Show Bio

From this lsit I am going to get Action Comics, Green Lantern, Hawkeye, and Ultimate Comics Spider-man. This is going to be a great week for comics. Especially with the new set of issue zeros coming out

#7 Posted by CptPanda29 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Ult. Spidey and Animal Man, love this week.

#8 Posted by Mandrewgora (299 posts) - - Show Bio

this is going to be an expensive week for me...

#9 Posted by jstndmnd (1016 posts) - - Show Bio

HAWKEYE!!!!!

#10 Posted by LeaderVladimir (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Action Comics and Green Lantern.

#11 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Action Comics, Ult Spider, Punisher, Beard powers go....Maybe be a good time to start Animal man and Swampy.

Decisions...

#12 Posted by feargalr (1166 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Harvest? Hmm how did I miss that?

Thats what I'm thinking, is that an image title or what?

#13 Posted by k4tzm4n (49129 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of really good comics coming out this week, but I'm reallllllllllly looking forward to Bloodshot #3.

Staff Online
#14 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

Dial H, Green Lantern, Punisher, Venom, Hawkeye, Action Comics, Spawn, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Earth 2, Batwing, Detective Comics, Green Arrow, Amazing Spiderman, G.I Combat, Phantom Stranger, Ultiimate Spiderman, and Stormwatch.

#15 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye for sure. Animal Man has been one of my favorites this year. Green Lantern has been one of my favorites for Geoff Johns entire run, though I'm getting tired of it lately. I might have to give Harvest a shot.

#16 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Ult. Spidey and Green Lantern from de list.

#17 Posted by zombietag (1497 posts) - - Show Bio

@InfamousFish said:

Ult. Spidey and Green Lantern from de list.

#18 Posted by cc1738 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm only getting GL.

#19 Posted by PRECOCIOUSnefarious (18 posts) - - Show Bio

harvest is awesome

#20 Posted by batlantern15 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Gettig Green Lantern, Earth 2, and Hawkeye. Would Swamp Thing #0 be a good place to jump on and get into the rotworld story? I'm really interested in it.

#21 Posted by kerosene (24 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jonny_Anonymous: First issue was great, can hardly wait till Wed till #2
#22 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Also getting Amazing Spider-Man #693, which is not on the list.

#23 Posted by sentryman555 (788 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does the new green lantern have a gun? Its so pointless.......

#24 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not reading many currents right now, do we know anything about this new green lantern?

#25 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

Good picks I'm getting GL , also getting venom and earth -2. Earth -2 should change places Hawkeye.

#26 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Swamp thing! Swamp thing! Swamp thing!

#27 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

His name is BAZ , that's alll we know

#28 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7390 posts) - - Show Bio

HARVEST!!!!!!!! HAWKEYE!!!!!!!!! PUNISHER!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to read dem!

Not gonna buy any DC books this month.
#29 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7390 posts) - - Show Bio
@batlantern15: Try Animal MAN.
#30 Posted by JEdThing (173 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to Action Comics and Earth 2 the most.

#31 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda shocked earth -2 isnt up there

#32 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

does anyone know how to upload pictures from a samsung galaxy s3? i cant seem too do it.

#33 Posted by ThexX (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher for me.

#34 Posted by DonFelipe (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

Thief of Thieves #8!

#35 Posted by MizariSeth (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man and Swamp Thing for me!

#36 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't load photos on smartphone on this site it seems

#37 Posted by Mypasswordisnotpassword (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Getting Green Lantern, Swamp Thing, Action Comics, Before Watchmen Silk Spectre, Earth 2, Detective Comics, Batwing

#38 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio

Animal Man, Hawkeye, Punisher and Swamp Thing. Good wk this wk.

#39 Posted by Zereta (78 posts) - - Show Bio

AvX #11 is coming out this week as well right?

Earth 2 #0 and Green Lantern #0 for me.

#40 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

First week is really best week every month.

#41 Posted by Teerack (7078 posts) - - Show Bio

I was expecting Green Lantern 0 to explain how Hal lost his ring. Really lame that it's about this new lame lantern.

#42 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

SWAMPY-THING!

#43 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7909 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't say I'm picking any of these up but I am giving serious consideration to start collecting the Ultimates in trades.

#44 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackattack529: damn huge week for you. For me its Earth 2, Savage Dragon, Green Lantern, and maybe Hawkeye #2

#45 Posted by Utandi (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, this week is awesome! Action Comics, Green Lantern, Animal Man(!) and Swamp Thing!

I don't read Marvel but Hawkeye #2 looks great.

#46 Posted by Novemberx2 (464 posts) - - Show Bio

"This issue actually represents the first ever team-up between the new Spider-Man"

except in issue 5 of UCS that happens and in the spidermen aswell

just saying

im sure it will be an excellent issue never the less,

#47 Posted by Cyborg6971 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

No Earth 2 on the list. FOR SHAME.

#48 Posted by Cap10nate (2457 posts) - - Show Bio

Big week for me. Swamp Thing. Animal Man. Hawkeye. Green Lantern.

#49 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth 2 and Hawkeye for me this week...this is the "quiet" week in the month for me.

#50 Posted by kuma_far (510 posts) - - Show Bio

ULTIMATE! spider-man is my pick this week