• 69 results
Posted by erik_norris (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome back to 10 Comics to Buy This Week. As you're probably well aware, there are a metric crap-ton of comic books hitting shelves every single week. And for the common consumer, it's financially impossible to pick up everything. That's where this column steps in like your superhero savior, drawing your attention to 10 books worth your hard-earned dollars during any given week.

We not only going to spotlight tights and capes books, but also some indie titles off the beaten path, which, if all goes well, will broaden your reading horizons.

Amazing Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth #1

Brought to you by Dan Slott and artist Thony Silas, this over-sized issue follows Spidey and a few of his friends as they try to stop Doctor Octopus’ latest plan for world domination. Expect cameos by the Big Hero Six and Union Jack.

If you’re excited for the “Ends of the Earth” storyline, you’ll want to pick up this issue.

Dancer #1

Yet another new series published by Image Comics. Written by Nathan Edmondson and drawn by Nic Klein, Dancer #1 tells the story of retired assassin, Alan Fisher, and his ballerina companion as they try to escape certain death at the hands of a ruthless sniper.

In order to survive and protect the love of his life, Alan must unravel the mystery of his past to figure out the identity of the killer hot on their trail. Dancer is being labeled by Image a “spy thriller with a 21 Century twist.”

Daredevil #13

You can almost always count on a new issue of Daredevil to be spotlighted here. Artist Khoi Pham returns to Daredevil for the start of “Megacrime and Punishment.”

It’s finally time for Megacrime to make their play on ol’ Hornhead. Will they be able to overpower Matt and get back the Omega Drive he took from them, or will Matt fend them off once again, even without the help of Spider-Man and Punisher?

Fantastic Four #605.1

We’ve seen the Fantastic Four’s origin countless times now. So you’re probably wondering why we included Fantastic Four #605.1 on this list, since it’s yet another retelling of how Marvel’s first family got their powers. Well, this is Jonathan Hickman we’re talking about here. If there’s anyone that can add a new spin on a very familiar story, it’s him. That’s why we’re excited to check out this special issue in hopes that Hickman is able to add a new wrinkle to a classic story.

Hardcore Pilot Season #1

From the minds of Robert Kirkman and Marc Silvestri comes a new Image/Top Cow pilot with a hard sci-fi twist.

The premise for Hardcore centers on an implant called the “hard core,” which allows an assassin’s brain wave to be transmitted into the body of whomever gets the implant. Therefore, someone’s killer could be their brother, father, neighbor or significant other. In a world where this is possible, whom can you really trust?

Justice League #9

Jim Lee rejoins Geoff Johns for a brand new arc in Justice League. Welcome to “The Villain’s Journey.” This story will introduce an all-new nemesis for the Justice League to (hopefully) beat down.

Additionally, the Billy Batson back-up story continues. Will Billy continue to be a total jerk to his foster parents? We’re going to guess “yes.”

Nightwing #9

The “Night of the Owls” crossover continues here. Dick faces off against a Talon at City Hall as the Court’s plans go into action.

If you’re looking to further expand your “Night of the Owls” reading, then look no further than Kyle Higgins and Eddy Barrows’ Nightwing #9.

Saga #3

Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples return with the third installment of Saga. Now that the “Horrors” have been revealed, they don’t seem nearly has terrible as stories have made them out to be. But is the childlike appearance just for show? Is there something truly terrible bubbling under the surface that earned them the name “Horrors?” Buy Saga #3 to find out.

Scalped #58

The end is nigh for Jason Aaron and R.M. Guera’s Scalped. With only three issues left, you know crap is going to hit the proverbial fan in Scalped #58. In this particular issue, all of Dash’s sins finally catch up to him. Oh boy.

Shade #8

Guest artist Jill Thompson joins James Robinson for a “Times Past” issue of Shade. The Shade runs into a family member in trouble while also encountering an evil cult. As Shade unearths more behind this mystery, will his discoveries lead him to shocking revelations?

#1 Edited by playcoast (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really curious to see how the writers handle the D team heroes in Ends of the Earth

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
  • NIGHTWING #9.
  • RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #9.
  • UNCANNY X-MEN #12.
  • X-FACTOR #236.
  • AVENGERS VS X-MEN #4.
#3 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

For me Nightwing 9 Venom 18 Catwoman 9 (could be fun)

#4 Posted by TheOptimist (681 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League, Nightwing, Saga and Shade from this list...

I know response to Justice League has been negative from some fans... but I'm really intrigued by the proposed next arc... I'm hoping that people will still allow it a chance to redeem itself (or for those of us who've loved it so far that it keeps up the high octane fun).

#5 Posted by darkrider (463 posts) - - Show Bio

my pickups will be justice league nightwing catwoman birds of prey

#6 Posted by feargalr (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

Saaagggggggaaaaaa

#7 Posted by SmoothJammin (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

NIGHTWING

#8 Posted by TheHeat (455 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be picking up Amazing Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth #1, JL #9, and AvX #4, 

#9 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Saga, The Darkness, Nightwing, Amazing Spiderman. Hey can anyone tell me why its Amazing Spiderman number 1 and not 686?

#10 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (816 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil, F4, Manhattan Projects, Saga, Shade, T-bolts, Venom, Winter Soldier and Wonder Woman this wk. Poor Wallet.

#11 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7561 posts) - - Show Bio

From the list I am getting Justice League and Nightwing.

#12 Posted by StarKiller809 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Justice League
  • Legion of Super-Heroes
  • Wonder Woman
  • Nightwing
  • Birds of Prey
  • Red Hood and the Outlaws
  • Batwoman
#13 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

Ends of the earth and DD,

idk just started this whole Court of Owls bunk.

#14 Posted by Green_Lima_81 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to have to go with Red Hood, Nightwing, and probably Catwoman. However undecided on Catwoman.

#15 Posted by NightFang (10271 posts) - - Show Bio

@StarKiller809 said:

• Justice League
  • Legion of Super-Heroes
  • Wonder Woman
  • Nightwing
  • Birds of Prey
  • Red Hood and the Outlaws
  • Batwoman
  • Shade
#16 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

The cover on catwoman is too good pass up

#17 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

haha i remember when EVERYONE would bash nightwing..now everyone is on it just because of night of the owls lol and i even recognize some familiar names who have bashed that series here...posers smh aha

well you can guarantee Nightwing is on my list as well as Green Lantern Corps and daredevil.

#18 Posted by Johnnyjavavee (86 posts) - - Show Bio

@SavageDragon: It's just a special one shot tie in thing for Ends of the Earth. A bunch of stories about all the lesser known characters we saw helping spidey last issue..(personally, i'm waiting for the reviews on this one..)

#19 Posted by Jonni_Beretta (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing 9

Catwoman 9

Justice league 9

Venom 18

Avengers vs Xmen 4

#20 Posted by Johnnyjavavee (86 posts) - - Show Bio

ALSO I think the writing in ASMEndsoftheearth is done by Rob Williams and Brian Clevinger here and not slott.

#21 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of these, Justice League #9 I'm getting ^_^

#22 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (888 posts) - - Show Bio

No Manhattan Projects #3? I'm disappointed by this list.

#23 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Daredevil #13
  • Justice League
  • Nightwing
  • Red Hood and The Outlaws
  • Catwoman*
  • Birds of Prey*
  • and Avengers vs. X-Men #04

(thanks to Night of Owls)

#24 Posted by edtie97 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim lee is back!!!

#25 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (925 posts) - - Show Bio

No love for Wood and Cloonan's Conan the Barbarian? Such a good series, and a new arc starts with issue #4 this Wednesday.

#26 Posted by saoakden (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

Man there is a lot of titles on this list and not on the list I want to read. Dancer sounds some what interesting. I'm excited for Justice League. I recently bought the hardcover and I love the story.

#27 Posted by Cap10nate (2734 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier

Nightwing

AVX

Justice League

#28 Posted by Mandrewgora (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil

Saga

Shade

hell yeah!

#29 Posted by TAneT62 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

JL

#30 Posted by ScoobyM (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting Justice League....and reading Nightwing

#31 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

SHADE! SHADE! SHADE! SHADE!

Or am I being too subtle?

#32 Posted by Hector (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Just going to pick up Spiderman this week and Catwoman.

#33 Posted by rogueparadigm (29 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil and Nightwing for me.

#35 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (758 posts) - - Show Bio

I have really been enjoying Ends of the Earth. Eager to get the new one this week! :)

#36 Posted by Trodorne (2499 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Nightwing #9
  • X-factor #263
  • Atomic Robo: Real Science Adventures #2
  • Valen Outcast #6
#37 Posted by Mercy_ (91881 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr said:

Saaagggggggaaaaaa

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

#38 Posted by Mercy_ (91881 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, though. Saga's amazing and if you're not reading it, you're seriously missing out.

#39 Posted by Billy Batson (58349 posts) - - Show Bio

Three months ago I asked about Scalped, you said no because it's ending. And now you're suggesting it after two issues later?

Also, that's the cover of last issue of Scalped.
And you're missing Hellblazer and Conan.
BB

#40 Edited by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueparadigm: I love Brian K Vaughan. Runaways was so cool, and Pride of Baghdad are so well written and heartbreaking. I recently finished the 10th and final trade of Ex Machina. Holy crap that series was great. Every volume felt like it was an accomplishment of monumental story telling. Im currently on the second trade of Y the Last Man, so far I like it. Saga well you know how awesome it is, cant wait till I pick up issue 3.

#41 Posted by NXH (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

@CombatSpoon86 said:

Daredevil, F4, Manhattan Projects, Saga, Shade, T-bolts, Venom, Winter Soldier and Wonder Woman this wk. Poor Wallet.

I still need to get catch up with last week's releases. Batman #9 and Batman: Court of Owls HC.

#42 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern Vol 1 Sinestro, Batman Inc, Justice League #9, Blue Beetle #9, Nightwing #9, Uncanny X-Men #12, Saga #3, Wonder Woman #9, Winter Soldier #9 and Red Hood and the Outlaws #9..... saved so much from Work.... better be worth it.

#43 Posted by DarkChris (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil #13

Fantastic Four #605.1

Hardcore #1

Justice Leaugue #9

Saga #3

and maybe Dancer.

And there are others which aren't posted in your list.

#44 Posted by revbucky (306 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to:

Amazing Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth #1

Daredevil #13

#45 Posted by knighthood (1745 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Comics

• BATWOMAN #9 $2.99
  • CAPTAIN ATOM #9 $2.99
  • CATWOMAN #9 (NIGHT OF THE OWLS) $2.99
  • SHADE #8 (OF 12) $2.99

Marvel Comics

• AVENGERS VS X-MEN #4 (OF 12) AVX $3.99
  • DAREDEVIL #13 $2.99
  • UNCANNY X-MEN #12 AVX $3.99

I'm just picking up UXM and AVX outta curiosity. I wouldn't really recommend them.

#46 Posted by Baron_Emo (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr said:

Saaagggggggaaaaaa

This

#47 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't tell if I think it's funny or sad that Saga is being solicited as a "controversial new epic"...I mean on the one hand, it seems funny that they're claiming it's controversial when it isn't as if hoping to boost sales...but on the other hand it's kind of sad that they think they need a selling point beyond "BKV + Fiona Staples", I would've bought a book with that solicit without even seeing a single picture

#48 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll get Justice League if it gets good review on this site

#49 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14340 posts) - - Show Bio

Crap Spidey and Union Jack and i dont have it on list.

#50 Posted by OracleX (234 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fairly certain this isn't the week the newest Batgirl comic comes, out but I don't I've her seen on this list. Is there a chance she'll ever make the list in the future?