• 54 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

It's that time again. Each week there is a ton of books that come out and it's always a tough decision in deciding which titles to spend your hard-earned money on. In order to help you out, we scour over the list and let you know which books you should check out.

Some of these will be obvious choices and other might be ones you wouldn't normally consider. People are sometimes looking for something new and with this being the fifth Wednesday of the month, it's the prefect time to try some new stuff.

Batman Beyond Unlimited #1

No Caption Provided

It's the return of Terry McGinnis, (old) Bruce Wayne, Ace the dog and all those futuristic bad guys you've come to love. Not only is this the return of Terry but also the return of Norm Breyfogle! Adam Beechen is back as well. Beechen has been successfully bringing us Batman Beyond stories for the last couple years. You can bet he has plenty more stories to tell.

You might have noticed that this is an oversized issue. That's because it also contains the debut of Justice League Beyond by Dustin Nguyen and Derek Fridolfs.

Justice League #6

No Caption Provided

It's the end of the first arc. Geoff Johns and Jim Lee bring the conclusion to the story that sets the stage for the "New 52" universe.

Darkseid has been revealed and the team has finally come together, just in time to be defeated. Is this the end of the team? Obviously not since this story is set 'five years ago.'

You can bet there will be plenty of big action scenes that will get you jumping out of your seat as you cheer the heroes on.

Shade #5

No Caption Provided

The Shade has been on a grand adventure since someone sent Deathstroke to assassinate him. James Robinson is taking Shade to Barcelona which leads to getting mixed up in an old feud between vampires. That always puts a damper on your vacation plans.

There is something to this vampire feud as it turns out it will have something to do with Shade's origin.

Tony Harris provides another glorious cover and Javier Pulido handles the art on the interior.

G.I. Joe Annual #1

No Caption Provided

G.I. Joe comics have gone through a few different incarnations over the year but thankfully IDW decided to devote one series to the original continuity. What makes it even sweeter is having original G.I. JOE writer, Larry Hama on board.

Joining Hama on art duties is Ron Frenz, Ron Wagner and Herb Trimpe (along with Sal Buscema on inks).

The story deals with a rogue squad of Crimson Guardsmen. G.I. Joe aren't the only ones hunting them down as Zartan and the Dreadnoks have also been put on their trail.

Darkness #100

No Caption Provided

It's not often a comic series makes it to its hundredth issue. Big things have been going on in the Top Cow Universe and you can expect things won't be the same for Jackie Estacado. The series might have done one of those fancy re-numbering bits but this marks 100 issues of the Darkness.

Phil Hester has been on board this series throughout this entire volume (since 2007) and now he's prepared to say goodbye. You'll want to see what sort of send-off he gives Jackie in this milestone issue.

Invincible #89

No Caption Provided

Invincible continues to be one of the best superhero comics you could buy. Month after month, Robert Kirkman keeps the action and suspense going. With Ryan Ottley on art, you should do yourself a favor and pick up the trades if you've somehow missed out on this series.

This issue promises that "Everything is different now!" If you check out the cover, you can see there's someone else in the Invincible costume. You'll want to see what this is all about and what Kirkman has planned.

Walking Dead #94

No Caption Provided

Two titles from Kirkman. No surprise. Just as it shouldn't be a surprise how much I enjoy this series each month. I keep being surprised that this series has been going on for nearly 100 issues with a focus on zombies and survival.

One of the greatest things in the series is seeing how the survivors manage to make it in their little part of the world. Now that the idea of what else could be out there has been laid out, who knows what could result from this?

Amazing Spider-Man #680

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man...in space.

We've seen Spider-Man do heroic things all over the world but it's not very often we see him get the chance to be a hero off the planet.

John Jameson is in trouble...again. Of course Spidey is the only one that can save him...again.

Dan Slott has been killing it on this series. You can bet this issue will be a blast. Giuseppe Camuncoli joins Slott as Doc Ock begins his plan against Spider-Man. Apparently there's also a super-secret guest star. Who could it be?!?

Moon Knight #10

No Caption Provided

The end of Moon Knight is almost here. Strangely I haven't been thrilled with Brian Bendis making Moon Knight so crazy but the series has been so dang good. With the way last issue ended and the promise of one of his 'new' personalities taking control, it's going to be a wild time in L.A.

With the series concluded after issue #12, there's no saying what Bendis and Alex Maleev have in store for Moon Knight.

Venom #13.4

No Caption Provided

It's all coming to a head as the "Circle of Four" story nears its conclusion. Venom, Ghost Rider, Red Hulk and X-23 have to do what they can to save mankind.

Rick Remender is on writing duties with art by Lan Medina. With X-23 and Ghost Rider no longer having their own series, who knows what sacrifices they might have to make.

We'll also find out the answer to the question of whether or not X-23 has a soul.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Fantasgasmic

Invincible #89... I assume this is a dig at Ultimate Spiderman

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By saoakden

I'm excited for Justice League, Spider-man and Venom. and Batman Beyond. As well as Moon Knight. Poor X-23 and Ghost Rider, they don't have their own series anymore.

WildValentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By WildValentine

/sheds tear for Maya Lopez.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Fantasgasmic said:

na that cover leaked in 2008
Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I am getting Justice League and the Amazing Spider-man ,but Invincible looks interesting

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zackattack529

justice league, venom, and ult xmen for me this week.

i would get batman beyond, but i already bought the digital pre releases so ill feel like im reading the same thing.

xScorchedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By xScorchedx

Actually pretty stoked for Batman Beyond!

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By thanosrules

Nice!

I will be picking up:

Venom

Shade

FF

Avengers

Carnage Family Feud (TPB)

I am not caught up on the rest :(

microwave25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#9  Edited By microwave25

The preview to Batman Beyond looks awful.

And why arn't Swamp Thing and Animal Man out this week?

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

I just saw the preview for Batman Beyond Unlimited over at CBR. Despite what the solicits say, the cover says its issue "#1 of 4" on it. I hope this some kind of flub on their part, because if this ends up being only a 4 issue miniseries that would suck pretty hard.

Salt in the wound from the fact that we spent several months being told it would be an ongoing.

No Caption Provided
FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Nothing here really grabs my attention. Why is Venom numbered at 13.4? That's a tad odd. That's a trend I hope ends soon.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By doordoor123

@Fantasgasmic said:

Nope. Kirkman actually released a teaser of this before it was announced that Ultimate Spider-Man would be changing from Peter to Miles.

I hated that I saw Marvel was doing it after I saw this.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
  • Shade
  • Invincible
  • Walking Dead
  • Darkness
  • Spider-Man
Shame on every one that's not reading Invincible/Walking Dead
CombatSpoon86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By CombatSpoon86

Short but quality week. FF, Shade and Venom

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Skaddix

I will get from this list. Invincible, Walking Dead, Spider-man,JL and GI Annual.

Avatar image for sweetesttoaster
sweetesttoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sweetesttoaster

@microwave25: It's a 5th week. DC is going by a 4 week schedule with most of their new 52 books.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Was hearing Batman Beyond Unlimited #1 was going to also debut Superman Beyond but I could be wrong. Other than that, I'm happy to say I'm getting two of this list this week, Justice League #6 and G. I. Joe: A Real American Hero Annual #1.

The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RedheadedAtrocitus: Superman Beyond's not debuting until Batman Beyond Unlimited #3.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Icon

Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, and The Walking Dead.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Mercy_

@FoxxFireArt said:

Nothing here really grabs my attention. Why is Venom numbered at 13.4? That's a tad odd. That's a trend I hope ends soon.

There's a four issue mini-event in Venom and for those four issues, it's being released weekly. 13.1-13.4.

Youngindy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Youngindy21

I'll only be picking up Justice League and Amazing Spider-man. If Batman Beyond is a Mini-series then I might look at it but I can't really afford any more ongoing titles.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22  Edited By RedOwl_1

Batman Beyond, Justice League and Tiny Titans, maybe Spiderman just for seeing he juggling in the space >:D

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23  Edited By Ganthetsward20

Batman Beyond doesn't really interest me, but the others all sound great. I plan on buying tiny titans too

lemontron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lemontron

Can't wait for some more Ultimates! Hickman is killing it.

shol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By shol

While Batman Beyond Unlimited has piqued my interest somewhat, I won't be picking up any of these titles. Just Astonishing X-Men #47 and T.H.U.N.D.E.R. AGENTS #4 for me. :D

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26  Edited By Deranged Midget

Definitely picking up Justice League, Spiderman, and the Walking Dead.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Mighty Monarch: Right right, okay. So answer me this then because I'm honestly not sure what's up. Is Superman Beyond just gonna be a backup story to Batman Beyond Unlimited or is it going to spawn into its own ongoing?

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FoxxFireArt

@The Dark Huntress:

Couldn't they just give it a subtitle and number it 1-4? Since when did they start caring about continuity?

The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RedheadedAtrocitus: Batman Beyond, Justice League Beyond, and soon to be Superman Beyond are all digital comics. Batman Beyond Unlimited is a print comic that has first both then all three of them in one.

TurianAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TurianAgent

Venom and Spidey for sure, and maybe New Avengers.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By SavageDragon

Batman Beyond looks cool i always liked that universe. But ill get Uncanny X-Force, Aquaman, Swamp Thing, Walking Dead

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By DanialCarroll

I'll be picking up 4 of those.

n8hobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By n8hobbs

Getting Justice League #6 and Invincible #89, kinda on the fence about the Beyond titles, I've read the two Justice League beyonds released digitally and they weren't the greatest, but they were entertaining. Invincible is my favorite comic I think, I've read the series from the beginning, sadly I don't have the trades...I need to get those, overall though, if you want a great superhero comic that isn't the usual suspects, check out Invincible, you'll probably enjoy it :) as for Justice League, I mean, I figure this will be the biggest seller this month, the end of the 1st arc of the newly formed League, facing their greatest enemy in Darkseid? I'm just really hoping they don't rush the end, let the battle play out, you got amazing powers facing off, you need to elaborate on that!

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By Trodorne

@microwave25 said:

And why arn't Swamp Thing and Animal Man out this week?

Swamp Thing and Animal Man are in the first wave of every new month. but seeing how this wednesday is still in feburary, they do not count this week to march releases. yet we still get our diamond previews out.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By TDK_1997

From these I'm most excited about Justice League #6 and Venom #13.4

jaredbright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jaredbright

"John Jameson is in trouble...again. Of course Spidey is the only one that can save him...again."

Just like in the first issue of Amazing. Bold new story telling, eh?

I'll take Justice League for sure, though.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By HolySerpent

Excited for justice league

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kagato

Didnt last weeks circle of 4 have adverts for Ghostrider and X23 at the back? Did Marvel decide to uncancel the books or are they playing us for fools?

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By KainScion

@spiderbat87: i'm not reading them and i'm VERY PROUD OF IT.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Eyz

Cool stuff, all around :P

Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mayo88m

@The Dark Huntress said:

@FoxxFireArt said:

There's a four issue mini-event in Venom and for those four issues, it's being released weekly. 13.1-13.4.

It's actually six Issues 13-14 with four . issues between. And it is a little odd even if it is a weekly series.

As for me, I'm pretty excited for Venom. Justice League has lost steam with me though, and not sure if I'll pick it up or not. Guess I'll have to wait and see what catches my eye.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@KainScion said:

@spiderbat87: i'm not reading them and i'm VERY PROUD OF IT.

good for you...
ColonelRunAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ColonelRunAway

KIRKMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

That is all.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By Billy Batson

recommending Bendis' Moon Knight. The hell?
BB

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#45  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I've hated Circle of Four

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By KidSupreme

good picks

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Or35ti

Definitely grabbing Justice League! Invincible and Spider-Man look pretty cool too

Avatar image for deactivated-64d003c892210
deactivated-64d003c892210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just received and finished Invincible Ultimate Collection Volume 7 last night. The wait was excruciating from 6 to 7, guess it's time to start going the monthly route. Or pick-up Walking Dead because I love the TV series and Kirkman.

ChocolateFrogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ChocolateFrogs

I think I'll have to forgo Justice League and Venom. They just are not grabbing me (and besides, money...). I'll read them elsewhere later. Looking forward to Amazing Spider-Man though!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#50  Edited By The Impersonator
We've seen Spider-Man do heroic things all over the world but it's not very often we see him get the chance to be a hero off the planet.

He was in Secret Wars. =P