#1 Posted by sinestro3245 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Recently i strayed away from comics completely so i was wondering does anyone know when the 0 month is like when the new comics come out.

#2 Posted by Cap10nate (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro3245: DC did a zero month September 2012 just like they did Villains month this September. No other publisher had a set time for a Zero issue or even have a zero issue for each book. Some of the Valiant books have zero issues but they weren't on a specific release schedule. The were just released for when it made the most sense for the title. I don't think any recent Marvel books have zero issues.

#3 Edited by sinestro3245 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

@cap10nate: yeah but when are the new comics coming out this year

#4 Edited by Cap10nate (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro3245: I don't think there is going to be a new zero month or plans for another one. Or am I misunderstanding your question?

#5 Posted by comicbookfan93 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

Well there is a ZERO YEAR tie in, for some issues, next month if that's what you meant?

#6 Posted by hart7668 (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro3245: Well, since Villains Month just ended, we'll get back to the heroes starting this month. Look up DC Comics official website for their releases and Marvel's official website for theirs, so on and so forth. Within a series new comics come out monthly. Just in general, comics come out regularly within the week.

#7 Posted by impossibilly (876 posts) - - Show Bio

Zero Month is not a regularly occurring event. It was a special event put on by DC Comics that coincided with the first anniversary of the launch of the New 52, similar to how Villains Month coincided with the second anniversary of the launch of the New 52.

If what you're looking for is a good jumping on point, Marvel has the upcoming "All-New Marvel NOW," which starts in December. The comics involved will have a ".NOW" after the issue number (eg Avengers 24.NOW).

#8 Edited by AllStarSuperman (15778 posts) - - Show Bio

Zero month happened last September, Zero Year is a crossover with Batman's origin In the new 52.

#9 Posted by sagejonathan (1645 posts) - - Show Bio

#0 month will never happen again.

#10 Edited by tomlikesfries (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

Thankfully :P

#11 Posted by sagejonathan (1645 posts) - - Show Bio

@sagejonathan said:

Thankfully :P

I'm glad that DC has been trying to do something interesting yearly, but most of the stuff sucks.

#12 Posted by sinestro3245 (34 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15778 posts) - - Show Bio

@sagejonathan: @tomlikesfries: why the hate on zero month? the Nightwing, Redhood, Batgirl, Detective comics, the dark knight, batman, all rocked?

#14 Posted by tomlikesfries (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Some of it was good undoubtedly, but, in all honesty, I've had enough of origin stories. Even if they're told differently or more in-depth, I'm really not that interested.

#15 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15778 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by tomlikesfries (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Haha, maybe I'm one of a kind, but I just really don't like them unless they're written really well.

#17 Posted by impossibilly (876 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by sinestro3245 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro3245: I should say this again what i meant was is there any #1 comics coming out from october until christmas .

#19 Posted by MaccyD (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: I prefer the early days more the origins, especially with the new 52 timeline. I badly want a Hal Jordan zero year style story...

#20 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15778 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

@allstarsuperman: I prefer the early days more the origins, especially with the new 52 timeline. I badly want a Hal Jordan zero year style story...

I was surprised that he didn't have a zero year tie in. yeah hat he have seen of his early days rocks like justice league 1-6, and flash annual 2

#21 Posted by MaccyD (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: He'd be most interesting as both him and Batman are the only two that haven't really changed since pre-new52. Since Batman had lots of his early days shown since, GL was the next best choice.

#22 Posted by Extremis (2959 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Valiant start the whole zero issue thing back in the 90s?

Regardless, I prefer Valiant's zero issues. They're well made, self contained origin stories the way they should be made. Bloodshot 0, Shadowman 0 and Harby 0 were exceptional.

I can't wait for X-O Manowar 0

#23 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15778 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

@allstarsuperman: He'd be most interesting as both him and Batman are the only two that haven't really changed since pre-new52. Since Batman had lots of his early days shown since, GL was the next best choice.

word, BTW you just hit 1000 posts

#24 Posted by MaccyD (2845 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15778 posts) - - Show Bio