Crossed

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Darkchild

GARTH ENNIS you empty my wallet everytime you come up with soemthing new.

This is something that WILL be my must buy every issue. CANT FREAKING WAIT for issue 1

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Darkchild

come on no ones read this yet

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#3  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I read it. Thought it would be something else but it seems like another zombie book to me. Maybe there's more too it and it'll get better, but I don't really like zombie books. Walking Dead is the only one I read and it's not really about the zombies.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Darkchild

yeah i know looks like that but im hoping it isnt. But i love Garth an his brilliance so ill stick through it. Walking Dead was an awesome title i stopped reading becaue couldnt find any more after 39 where im at. And couldnt find a condensed version my other way

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Argh... That was horrible.

Some things you can't unsee.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Surkit

I could've made it fine through the majority but the part after the salt ring in 2 was overkill fcked up

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surkit said:

@nlghtcrawler said:

I could've made it fine through the majority but the part after the salt ring in 2 was overkill fcked up

Yeah I think I remember that. I can't believe I read all of these books. I have a strong urge to go back and read the first volume even though something in the back of mind is telling me not to haha

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

o time how u haz passed. Once upon a time Crossed hadn't even been released. Now I've voraciously consumed every issue of it and all the spinoffs as well. Stellar title.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the record, the actual Ennis title is often less grisly than the spin-offs. Crossed: Psychopath in particular was really horrifying, and the second series (forget its name) had the worst single event in all of them. After Psychopath it got a bit more tame, though it may have just been me getting jaded.

Maverick93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started reading Crossed, I found it interesting that they are not simple zombies, but they act upon their human desires. Then after a few issues I realised that the only difference seems to be that these zombies rape people, so I dropped the series for good.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: I felt like the spin-offs lacked the charm that the original had but I remember being far more grossed out with the violence and gore. Psychopath was really bad as was Wish You Were Here. That poor poor dolphin. :/

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Joygirl

@NlGHTCRAWLER: I loved them all honestly, but I do agree that the Ennis series was... different. While the others were horror/gore comics, the Ennis run centered more closely on the human condition and the bleak void of hope that the crossed created. The spinoffs built off of that, but did little to pave more ground rather than building on the ground already paved.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Yeah that's exactly right. I don't dislike the later books at all either they just had that classic spin-off/sequel feel that's hard to flesh off. Also the covers were all amazing and were definitely a guilty pleasure of mine.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surkit said:

@nlghtcrawler said:

Yeah I think I remember that. I can't believe I read all of these books. I have a strong urge to go back and read the first volume even though something in the back of mind is telling me not to haha

Hah. like a train wreck. I stopped at nine and my mind tells me leave it at that...but then something in the back of my head is still like

'but there's more' I know I'm gonna end up reading the rest of it.