#1 Posted by poisonfleur (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's be honest 99 percent of us didn't know who Gamora was until recent years. But with Zoe Saldana (PERFECT) to play her in the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie and Marvel also relaunching their title, I really thing she has a place to be one of Marvel's best female characters.
The movie version looks awesome.
She has the exotic look of Mystique meets Elektra.
Zoe Saldana is playing her, and I can't help but think of Storm and the inner strength & beautiful rawness many of us wish to see.

What are your thoughts about Gamora?

#2 Posted by Dernman (14755 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess that makes me a 1%er. Bring the hate. Zoe Salanda is a terrible choice visually. Looks like she'd break in a strong gust of wind. I like here but there really isn't much to her character or story to suggest she has a place anywhere near the top at this point.

#3 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

Its kind off odd how they redesigned Gamora into a skinny, frail looking little thing to better match the film version. Good job keeping it real Marvel.

I will miss you, classic Gamora

#4 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy the comic character after being introduced to her a little while back. I've been picking up the GotG books although I am woefully behind in reading them. From what I managed to take in, I love the character and she's fit into my favourites circle.

I am looking forward to the film, if only for curiosity's sake (like most other comic book movies).

#5 Edited by Mannequin (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: Your not alone in that 1% there. I love Zoe Saldana, but I wish they went with someone who wasn't so frail. I just can't see how someone so frail could be "The deadliest woman in the whole galaxy".

#6 Posted by micahparadise (480 posts) - - Show Bio

i think Zoe Saldana can actually work. Despite her being thin in frame, deadly doesnt have to necessarily be equated with muscles or fullness of size. I dont know if you all watched that movie called Hannah, with the teenage girl assasin. She was as deadly and ruthless and efficient as they come. I think her the portrayal of Gamora for the film can work because it may probably rely mor eon her speed and skill at killing, which Gamora in the comics is actually known for. When she Gamora is written well, her battles really shouldnt last long because of her skill level as an assassin. Assassins don't have to be muscular or full-bodied to be deadly, dangerous and efficient.

I'll see how Zoe portrays Gamora in the film then ill write back on this thread with my thoughts :)

#7 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32839 posts) - - Show Bio

Its kind off odd how they redesigned Gamora into a skinny, frail looking little thing to better match the film version. Good job keeping it real Marvel.

I will miss you, classic Gamora

No........ No they really didn't.