• 127 results
#51 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (8043 posts) - - Show Bio
#52 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#53 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio
#54 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (8043 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Sorry I liked Gambit more than Frost.

#57 Posted by charlieboy (7136 posts) - - Show Bio

Sad to see this series go. Gambit is a great character. I liked the recent storyarc with Rogue.

#58 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15915 posts) - - Show Bio

*keeps reading Dark House and Image*

Marvel Likes to Tear peoples harts out, never read the series, must have been good though.

Not a fan of the direction Marvel NOW has taken some of the characters or you just don't like the creative teams in charge? To be honest, I've picked up more titles after NOW! began than before. Started picking up Cap again and Thor has blown me away. Waid has been killing it on Hulk and surprisingly I've REALLY been enjoying All New X-Men ( I know, I know... you hate it).

THIS IS WHY YOUZ MY BRO! :D

#59 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Never picked up an issue. Was it good?

#62 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15915 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Edited by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

If they go and stick him on the Avengers with Rogue and Havok I'mma sit here at my computer and look really mad for a couple minutes.

#64 Posted by akbogert (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

If they go and stick him on the Avengers with Rogue and Havok I'mma sit here at my computer and look really mad for a couple minutes.

I need to learn how to make threats as accurate as this one.

#65 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#66 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

And then change your mind and decide it's awesome a couple minutse later?

On a serious note, I'll actually be pissed if they do that. I hate Uncanny Avengers.

#67 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio
#68 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

Mann needs to jump the Marvel ship and come on over to DC.

I'm certainly no Marvel fanboy, but I don't think I would say anyone should jump ship specifically for DC. That company seems to be a bit of a mess right now.

#69 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: -___- Paramour sucks

I'm not gonna take your insults seriously if you can't even spell the band name right.

#70 Edited by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: They dont deserve to have their name spelled properly.

@spinningbirdcake:

I hear alot of fans saying as much but it hasnt effected my DC comicbook reading at all. In fact I'm reading more DC titles now then I ever have. I would luv to see Mann draw Lady Shiva, Wonder Woman, Deadshot, etc. He's stuck on X-Men centered characters and its starting to get old. Guess its better then nothing.

#71 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

@quintus_knightfall: I suppose it's not as bad if most of the titles you're reading are still going on. They just seem to be canceling titles left and right. Gambit got 17 issues and I don't think it would have lasted near that long over at DC. With the creative shifts, people leaving etc. They're on shaky ground with me anyway. I'm glad you're enjoying them. I certainly don't want to ignore most of their line.

#73 Edited by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake: I think they over-extended as far as titles. Or maybe that was the plan. Throw a ton of titles against the wall and if they stuck (sold) cool, if not, pitch em. I'm not shocked at the majority of canceled titles. Though Grifter and Deathstroke seem like odd choices to have gotten the ax. I try not to get wrapped up in the behind the scenes politics but there is no denying the fan backlash over alot of questionable decisions over there.

#74 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

Well.... This sucks. It was one of two Marvel titles i actually read -__-

Sure.. Keep the crappy books that sell, and the cancel the good books that doesn't do as well.

#75 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

@aiden_cross: They'll replace it with a new X-Men or Avengers book, no doubt.

It's lke DC. Cancel a cool fringe title and replace it with another Superman or Batman book.

#76 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: not one i'll read, I assure you.

#77 Edited by Azura_Thena (137 posts) - - Show Bio

That is heartbreaking. As far as Marvel is concerned, Gambit is my great love.

#78 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5551 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: That is a true shame. Captain Marvel deserves far more attention and recognition than a large amount of Marvel titles at the moment. DeConnick has been killing it with the title so far and I for one, truly adore the art that the series has had thus far. Truthfully, I enjoyed the original artist better (Dexter Soy if I recall correctly) and I'm unsure why they switched it up.

Haven't bothered to read Avengers Assemble. I've heard it improved when DeConnick took over but it just seems like another Avengers title to me and Hickman's already bores me to death.

I think we can guarantee it getting to #16, as that and #15 are Infinity tie-ins, but beyond that, I'm really not sure. I've loved the story all the way through, but I really don't like Filipe Andrades' art, and he's returning after the crossover. I think a more normal artist would be better for this series. I really hope it won't be cancelled. :/

Avengers Assemble is so much different from Avengers. Short, focused, self contained arcs with a much smaller cast. I've only read Kelly Sues issues(plus the Age Of Ultron tie-ins), but It's been really good. Plus, it's the best series to read if you like Spider-Woman. She's been in all of Kelly Sues issues so far, will apparently be important in the Enemy Within issues, and the Infinity issues focus on her and Black Widow. She even gets a cover to herself.

I'd definitely recommend it. :)

#79 Posted by smeagollk (27 posts) - - Show Bio

since the 12th issue ended as it ended, i'm assuming gambit will eventually do with uncanny avengers, which will blowww since it would kill gambit's character except the fact that he'd be around rogue again and i really liked the fact that they teamed up in the last issues of gambit... they do have the special chemistry when somebody good is writing them...

still, this news sucks big time!!! i kinda wish gambit would appear on uncanny x-force somehow, i'd like to see him teaming up with storm

#80 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (9872 posts) - - Show Bio

I legit just picked up the first three issues to read yesterday because I wanted to get into this series. Boy, I hopped the band wagon at the WORST possible time..just my luck.

#81 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Aww... I was hoping that Dexter Soy would've returned after this upcoming arc. His art was brilliant and definitely one of the few things that originally drew me into picking up the series! I really hope the series doesn't get cancelled either as Carol Danvers has grown to be one of my favourite characters on the Marvel side of things!

Yeah, Avengers Assemble started out so differently than what is has become now. I know it originally was based off the film cast and kind of continued off the events of the film in a skewed way if I remember correctly. Thanks for clearing up some details that I wasn't completely sure of though! I might pick up the Infinity event if it ties into Carol then!

Thanks for taking the time to share that with me. I appreciate it! :)

#82 Posted by DarkDay (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

It's lke DC. Cancel a cool fringe title and replace it with another Superman or Batman book.

The unadulterated truth of this statement makes me sad. Also I'm sorry to lose something else off my pull list that I really enjoy. T_T

#83 Posted by God_Spawn (35982 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, well. More money in my pocket. Thanks, Marvel.

#84 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

since the 12th issue ended as it ended, i'm assuming gambit will eventually do with uncanny avengers, which will blowww since it would kill gambit's character except the fact that he'd be around rogue again and i really liked the fact that they teamed up in the last issues of gambit... they do have the special chemistry when somebody good is writing them...

still, this news sucks big time!!! i kinda wish gambit would appear on uncanny x-force somehow, i'd like to see him teaming up with storm

I'm gonna be really mad if this happens, to be honest. He's so not a team guy and I feel like this will just lead to a rehash of all the X-Men Romy drama that got so overdone.

Besides...Uncanny Avengers sucks.

#85 Edited by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkday said:

@mercy_ said:

The unadulterated truth of this statement makes me sad. Also I'm sorry to lose something else off my pull list that I really enjoy. T_T

It makes me sad, too :(

We've got three Batman books (Batman, Detective Comics & Batman: The Dark Knight, not to mention Batman & ---) and two Superman books with a third on the way (Superman, Action Comics, Superman Unchained) and DC are still putting out yet another sure money-grabber with Superman/Batman.

The same process goes with the Avengers & X-Men books, because they are all sure sellers. It really sucks. Especially with DC, who has a limited number of titles that they'll put out anyways.

#86 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

It's lke DC. Cancel a cool fringe title that 12 people read :P and replace it with another Superman or Batman book.

Fixed ^_^

#87 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27358 posts) - - Show Bio
#88 Posted by daredevil21134 (9097 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the character but the series were meh

I agree

#89 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

If Gambit cannot maintain a solo title nowadays....

#90 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

It's lke DC. Cancel a cool fringe title that 12 people read :P and replace it with another Superman or Batman book.

Fixed ^_^

...why would you bring logic into this? Why you gotta be like that?

#91 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5551 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: That would have been nice, he's been my favourite artist on the series so far. Maybe he'll come back eventually, though I think he's doing the DC/He-Man mini-series, so he may be busy for a while. Filipe Andrades' blog says that he's coming back for an arc, so I hope by arc he just means the Infinity issues.

I read before that apparently Kelly Sue can use pretty much any Avengers she wants in the series, so it could be that she could move completely away from the 'Movie Avengers' and just do short arcs with other characters. I think that would be cool.

And no problem. Glad I could help. :)

#92 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (6007 posts) - - Show Bio

RAGE MODE

#93 Edited by Samimista (20182 posts) - - Show Bio

Well.... This sucks. It was one of two Marvel titles i actually read -__-

Sure.. Keep the crappy books that sell, and the cancel the good books that doesn't do as well.

I haven't read Marvel regularly in almost two years (just haven't been pleased with it really) but this and Winter Soldier were the two titles I really loved to read (currently only read Hawkeye and Gambit). Such a shame with this.

#94 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Oh, I didn't know he switched over to DC! I have no idea why he would've decided to leave the Captain Marvel series in the first place :/ Sucks to hear that they can't keep a consistant artist on the title as they usually promised with Marvel NOW!

Ah, that's probably why we're seeing so much of Jessica Drew and the inspiration for this Infinity event. Definitely could be interesting for her to branch out with whatever characters she'd like to and give some much needed attention to the lesser known characters that the films haven't gotten a hold of yet!

#95 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5551 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: I didn't know that was a thing about Marvel Now. For some reason, Captain Marvel doesn't use the Marvel Now branding, yet Avengers Assemble does, despite them both starting before it happened, for example:

So maybe Marvel Now rules don't apply to Captain Marvel.

I'm sort of hoping she'll start writing Monica Rambeau into the series, but I don't know if it's active Avengers, or just any ever that she's allowed to use. Seeing as she was in 2 issues of Captain Marvel, it makes me think that Kelly Sue probably likes her, so it seems like a possibility. Do you have any particular hopes for characters?

#96 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: Just got to be me ^_^ I like Hawk & Dove and Legion of Superheroes but I know where they stand. At least Gambi cakes has face time. Only character in DC that 180'd was Animal Man, one percenters should count their blessings that happened :P

And in your Batman list you for Batman inc, JLI which became Batman League and the Arkham unhinged comic based off the Game :P

<3 <3 <3

#97 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5551 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: Just got to be me ^_^ I like Hawk & Dove and Legion of Superheroes but I know where they stand. At least Gambi cakes has face time. Only character in DC that 180'd was Animal Man, one percenters should count their blessings that happened :P

And in your Batman list you for Batman inc, JLI which became Batman League and the Arkham unhinged comic based of the Game :P

<3 <3 <3

Plus they're printing Li'l Gotham now, and Batman '66 starts in August I think.

#98 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#99 Posted by Xwraith (10885 posts) - - Show Bio
#100 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5551 posts) - - Show Bio