gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

Kevin Smith's film, Tusk, is coming to Blu-ray and DVD next week on December 30. If you can't wait that long, it is now available on Digital HD and On Demand.

The film was released on September 15, and features Justin Long as a podcaster looking for a juicy story and finds himself in a nightmarish situation in the backwoods of Canada. Here he meets an eccentric recluse (Michael Parks) who has a lifetime of adventures and a strange fondness for walruses.

The Tusk Blu-ray and DVD include deleted scenes, multiple “making of” featurettes, a career retrospective featurette with Kevin Smith, an audio commentary with Kevin Smith plus the original podcast that inspired the film. The Tusk Blu-ray and DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $24.99 and $19.98, respectively.

Here's the trailer:

For the movie's theatrical release, Francesco Francavilla was commissioned to series of panels highlighting four scenes from the film. Three have been seen before but we can exclusively unveil the fourth one. Unfortunately these will not be included in the home release.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

BLU-RAY/DVD SPECIAL FEATURES*

· Deleted Scenes

· Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Kevin Smith

· “20 Years to Tusk” featurette

· “The Making of Tusk” featurettes

· SModcast #259: The Walrus and The Carpenter

*Subject to change

The home release won't be available this week for your holiday celebrations (unless you get the Digital HD or OnDemand version). You can pick it up next week to ring in the New Year.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Pass.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By amazing_webhead

Only Kevin Smith could make such a scary-looking movie about walruses. Almost makes me wish I wasn't too chicken to see it. Almost.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Reminding me of the scathing review the movie got served alongside the wonder if Kevin Smith really is a one trick pony.

bunkerbuster05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By bunkerbuster05

This movie was just insane and I loved it. It's a special kind of movie, one I doubt a lot of older people will enjoy. It's very internet-centric, all about podcasting and whatnot.

Also, a man gets turned into a Walrus and it's the funniest scene I've seen this year. I was on the floor when he was revealed, jesus holy moses it's great.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only Kevin Smith could make such a scary-looking movie about walruses. Almost makes me wish I wasn't too chicken to see it. Almost.

Trust me, you won't be that scared. lol The first half is alright, but it completely falls apart after that, and is more humorous (in a The Room kind of way) than horrific.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

Prime example of smith's procrastination. Why isn't smith finishing batman bellicosity?

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevin Smith is a hack. How is Tusk any different than human centipede? Both of which are gross and stupid. Now he's doing Clerks 3 because that was the only thing we was ever good at. Smith has more misses than hits, and it takes him YEARS to finish a comic book. His tv show Comicbook men is disgraceful as well. I'll give him credit for Clerks, Mallrats, and Dogma, but those were years ago. I don't understand the love.

AustinHasten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Personally I love the guy and his stuff, and think that anyone hating him or his work just cares way too damned much. If it's not your bag, it's not your bag.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ducey13: He is hilarious. Definitely has a future in stand up.