Black_Kn1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Black_Kn1ght

No Caption Provided
Some people say Finesse is the down bringer of the Avengers Academy. I kinda agree. She has alot of hero potential she smart, and agile but she's so untouched by human emotions. 
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By NexusOfLight

I like her. She's cool, and she adds a very interesting element to an already interesting arrangement of characters.

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Mechanical_Ape

She is my favorite character from the series. I like her personality and powerset and I feel the stories that have focused on her have been stronger than many of the other character specific issues. As with all of the characters in that series, though, I still feel like I need to know more about her.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

She's one of my least favorite on the team. 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty

What a "down bringer"?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator
@xerox-kitty said:
"What a "down bringer"?"

She likes to ride the funky express right down town to the paradise city where she likes to get loose like a goose and break it down old school maybe? She brings beat that makes the people move their feet? 

She likes to get down, and she brings other people down with her? Like all those songs in recent times, about people getting low, low, low, low, low, low, low. She hits floors? 

I agree with all the other posters who have posted! She is one of my favorites, and she brings another strong and unique personality to the group dynamic they have, enhancing it, but even on her own, she is pretty cool. 
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty

TBH, I'm still baffled... but now amused :)

Regarding Finesse, I think she's got a lot of potential.  More than just 'Oh no, my powers are killing me' type angst. 

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#8  Edited By Hawkeye446
@SC said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
"What a "down bringer"?"

She likes to ride the funky express right down town to the paradise city where she likes to get loose like a goose and break it down old school maybe? She brings beat that makes the people move their feet? 

She likes to get down, and she brings other people down with her? Like all those songs in recent times, about people getting low, low, low, low, low, low, low. She hits floors? 

I agree with all the other posters who have posted! She is one of my favorites, and she brings another strong and unique personality to the group dynamic they have, enhancing it, but even on her own, she is pretty cool. 
"
Haha... Anyway I agree with bolded statement, but she is a "Down Bringer" so to speak. She, at times can be depressing, although her interaction with her so called Father-Taskmaster was good.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'd like to see more Taskmaster incorporated stories involving her. She's got alot of potential.

doomsilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By doomsilver
@xerox-kitty said:

TBH, I'm still baffled... but now amused :)

Regarding Finesse, I think she's got a lot of potential.  More than just 'Oh no, my powers are killing me' type angst. 

that's what i thought
d99026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By d99026
@NexusOfLight said:
I like her. She's cool, and she adds a very interesting element to an already interesting arrangement of characters.
I like her and her power too. She's interestimg.
Lorialet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lorialet

She's my favorite character from the Academy. I like her analytical mindest. Too few comic characters (including mad scientists and other geniuses) take the time to think before they act, it's refreshing to see one who actually remember that she has a brain. 
I just hope marvel remembers that not being emotional doesn't make people evil...

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Lorialet said:
She's my favorite character from the Academy. I like her analytical mindest. Too few comic characters (including mad scientists and other geniuses) take the time to think before they act, it's refreshing to see one who actually remember that she has a brain.  I just hope marvel remembers that not being emotional doesn't make people evil...

I agree!!  

She is officially my favorite character among that group now. Given more time and good writing (I find her a character that could easily be abused by bad writing) I think she could be one of my big favorites!  

I share the same concern as well though. In one sense she reminds me of Emma, who writers seem relegated to dumbing down and making more teary to help make people realize she was "good" but eh, being smart, and being cold doesn't mean a character doesn't care. 
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By Timandm

She's the smartest one in the group...  She'd make a FAR better leader than Reptil.  Not only is she smart, she's HONEST, even with herself...  I think she's the most interesting character in the group.

Avatar image for blackspider2020
blackspider2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blackspider2020

i agree that she does bring a fresh perspective to the angst riddled cast but she is possibly the most predictable of them all.   Also i dislike emotionless characters as much as i dislike angst ridden ones.  so no she's not on my list of likable characters.

@Timandm: her detachment to emotions to me makes her practically the worst possible choice for leadership, she's more likely to sacrifice her team for the good of the mission than anything else, so as leader she would have a high mission success rate but low team morality. which is counter productive. i'm just sayin'.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Timandm
@blackspider2020 said:
i agree that she does bring a fresh perspective to the angst riddled cast but she is possibly the most predictable of them all.   Also i dislike emotionless characters as much as i dislike angst ridden ones.  so no she's not on my list of likable characters.

@Timandm: her detachment to emotions to me makes her practically the worst possible choice for leadership, she's more likely to sacrifice her team for the good of the mission than anything else, so as leader she would have a high mission success rate but low team morality. which is counter productive. i'm just sayin'.
I know what you're saying.  It makes perfect sense.  It reminds me of Star Trek.  I've heard discussions debating whether or not a Vulcan would actually make a good captain  The major argument against having a Vulcan as a captain was that their lack of emotions  (or technically the way they suppress their emotions) would make it all too easy for them to sacrifice their crew....  I can't disagree with that entirely...

However, the FLIP side is that they will be far less likely to hesitate to make decisions that HAVE to made that do put their crew in danger...  I imagine one of the hardest things for a the captain of a ship, or leader of a team that goes into dangerous situations, to do is order one of their crew into a life-threatening situation.  But when it HAS to be done, it HAS to be done.

I think the question is, could Finese find the balance between cold logic and compassion...  If not, then you might as well put a computer in charge... If she could, well then she could be great...
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By nefarious

I guess I do.

blackspider2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blackspider2020
@Timandm: Exactly, the best leaders are typicaly those that can find a balance between the hard choices and care ffor those under their command, and thats a skill that cannot be copied my friend.

PS: i think i'm being hard because she's a cold calculating and manipulative character and no one likes that, which i think is kinda unfair honestly.
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Timandm
@blackspider2020 said:
@Timandm: Exactly, the best leaders are typicaly those that can find a balance between the hard choices and care ffor those under their command, and thats a skill that cannot be copied my friend.  PS: i think i'm being hard because she's a cold calculating and manipulative character and no one likes that, which i think is kinda unfair honestly.
I'm actually laughing because I COMPLETELY agree with your description of her.  She IS a cold, calculating, and manipulative character but THAT is what I LIKE about her...

I should probably clarify something.  That's not the type of character I would ever want to associate with in real life... I just find her interesting as a fictional character...

It's kind of like the way that I like Emma Frost as a character.  I'd HATE her in real life, but in the comics she makes the X-Men more fun and interesting.
labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By labarith

I sincerely hate the entire series. 

Antman has lost anything he gained from Mighty Avengers; Tigra is still the loser she was during the initiative, Justice + Speedball are still the losers they've been recently, and let's not talk about Quicksilver - at a time when there exists an island that has 95% of the existing mutants, Quicksilver not being a member... even in some fashion... is just sad.  Quicksilver, quite frankly, seems to be a jerk.  But then again, so does everyone in the book. 

Long story short:  They took all of the bad stuff from the initiative, and all of the bad stuff from Mighty Avengers, and threw them together in a book that is remarkably fixated on the PREVIOUS arc, featuring Norman Osborn. 

blackspider2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By blackspider2020
@Timandm: right, i must admit that she does bring a new perspective to the entire overbearing teenage angsty vibe (which i hate) of the comics and the only thing that got me interested in the series in the first place was tigra.
fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By fodigg

She's cold, but she's not "bitch" cold. I think she could be interesting.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Degalon

I find her really hot, but that's about it.  Most of the kids on this team suck, the only thing going for it is that I find girls with short hair hot.  

But then again, I can't look at Mettle without thinking of half the created characters in Superhero mmos (Skull and tshirt), and I can't look at that electric guy without thinking he looks like he belongs as a member of the Imperfects.

Cytorrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cytorrak

When the book first started, she was my favorite character. I find her abilities interesting, and like her design. Her early interaction with Reptil was endearing as well.

She immediately became my least favorite character when the innocent first kiss with Reptil became a meaningless sexual relationship, and she turned out only to be using him, and insulted and dropped him as soon as he expressed the slightest inklings of emotional attachment to her. She went from socially inept to sociopath in one issue.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By fodigg

@mrmisanthrope: I didn't think she was doing it maliciously. I think she's just that detached. Again, I think it can be interesting if explored, but it's certainly not endearing, that is true.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Umbraa

My favorite AA character. I hope she makes it to Hickmen's 18 man avengers Sqaud.

midgard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By midgard2

Liked her more and more as the Avengers Academy went on. Its a shame thou that Reptil is such a arse at the end of the AA story line.