wow this board has ghost in it.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I came here to see what people thought of the new movie and how the comic was being handled.

The land of the Fantastic four is a wasteland of dust and sand.

Does anybody intend to see the movie because I think I will pass on it.

Maybe on day they will get the team right. I seen nothing wrong with the old team other then the mess up with the SS.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@arthurkerr: Yea, sadly there is not a lot of action on this board.

I have been enjoying the latest book by Robinson and Kirk. I think they are doing a tremendous job at incorporating the historical pieces of the FF in their big sendoff. The last couple issues have been a little slower though, but I have faith that they will end it in a satisfactory way.

I'm still very excited about seeing the movie. A lot of it is nervous excitement, as I think that there is as good of a chance that I will leave the theaters extremely angry as I will be thrilled with what I see. My thought has always been that it will be a good movie, but I bad FF movie. Since the trailer release, I have been thinking that it might be a better FF movie than I had thought. Most of the negative things released about the movie have been rumors. The main points of contention that have come from the lips of the actors/director is that they were told not to read any of the books, did not base it off a specific storyline and the changes to Doom. Since they are using the Ultimate U as their reference, I can see why they would do that. I still have faith that they can pull this off, and I am very excited to see what they put on the screen, good or bad.

Nocall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F4 have always been my favorite, but I stopped reading years ago b/c of budget, kids, job, time, what-have-you. Now that my oldest is getting to the age where comic books could be a "thing", (bam! dad pun activated!), I'm really sad to see that the comics themselves might be getting sunsetted because of a movie deal.

But what about the movies...

Truth be told, I own both of Fox's F4 movie attempts, and watch them once or twice a year (typically while doing something else, like painting or cleaning). I know they're horrible, but they're horrible in a way that I still find them fun to watch. So am I excited for the next one? Heck yes! Will I see it in the theater? Doubt it! But will I buy it eventually when its on sale and put it into the rotation? You betcha.

Sigh.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By arthurkerr

I think they would be wise to do a network of shows that tie the city of New York together and fill the time slot with those shows. Fantastic four , Spiderman , Hulk etc. You could have them all doing things and working out problems as a huge network of people just like the comics.

The thing is and I think this is the problem with all shows. Have a villain for the season , work on relationships between characters and above all else make it a story to enjoy and not one filled with shockers or in this case a bunch of shows tied together to show a purpose. Then they could make money selling the dvds , comics and etc. I would bet money it would work and it would work well.

You could even have events every two years or so annuals per say and spin offs it would be a blast.