Marvel Now! FF4 respect thread

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By kidman560

this will go from issue to issue. it will probably only contain their current series (i dont have money to throw so im only supporting a few comics right now)

FF 1

No Caption Provided

not a feat but still an amazing start

Reed creates and uses a device specifically for Fin Fang Foom

No Caption Provided

Sue Storm uses multiple force fields to protect civilians

Johnny and Thing 1-2 KO Fin Fang Foom. this is an excellent testimony to the harmony the FF4 has as a team

No Caption Provided

as a thing fan this makes my heart jump (especially since mine was literally crushed 2 days ago) Ben and Alica are back together, and you better be happy about it or you arent an FF4 fan.

FF 2

i actually dont have this one but when i get ill be sure to add it in. sorry guys

FF 3

No Caption Provided

so in the last issue Reed had to detonate a neural bomb for some reason (i think demons from Franklins pocket dimension showed up) anyways it left Johnny Powerless "Flame Off"

No Caption Provided

ok first off Thing made a 2 in 1 reference (4th wall breaking) and he beats down guys in Mandroid armor.

sorry this is gonna put them way the heck out of order. 2,3,1 in that order

at the end the Frightful 4 attacks Thing...

FF 4

alright so this one starts off with all the action

almost in order.. start with the last one first then go from left to right

The FF is getting trounced by the Frightful Four oh no...

for some the next set isnt loading but basically Scott Lang (Ant-Man), She-Hulk, Darla (think She-Thing) all show up for back up (the frightful four beat them too)

Reed and Sue use Johnny as bait for a trap (i guess this would count as a plot/CIS win) even though i think Ben and Sue together could have soloed these guys.

No Caption Provided

Gov'ment came an took their babies... :'(

FF 5

this issue is all about the FFs previous fights im not really into posting those especially since its all about recounts... no alright ill post some of them

No Caption Provided

Things recount vs the Hulk

Dr. Doom powns Count Nefaria

No Caption Provided

Jim is back so at least the kids are kind of safe... for now but Valeria said she misses her brother. foreshadowing? maybe

this is the end for now...

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By kidman560
Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sovereign91001

@kidman560:

I wish I had one with a chair swivel...
I wish I had one with a chair swivel...

Good start sir. Adding this to my watch list.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#4  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@kidman560: niiiiiiiiice. I just picked all these up yesterday. Only read the first so far. Not sure how I feel about the red uniforms however..............at least the art is solid.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

Reading through and I'm amazed with the number of throwbacks that Robinson included. Hopefully we'll get some new FF soon.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@knighthood: what series is this you're talking about and is it good. i've been looking for a good recent FF series to read. havent read any FF yet and its about time lol

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@rpgesus: Have you read any of Hickman's run or Waids? I really did enjoy Robinson's run as well but not as much as those two.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: Robinson's run is a quick read, but mainly designed as a farewell to the team. There are many old friends and foes reintroduced. I'm not sure if that would be a great starting point.

Hickman's run is amazing which is basically being wrapped up in the current Secret Wars series. It's a much longer read. Make sure to read FF as well. Then a few of the concepts carries over to New Avengers, Avengers, and then Secret Wars.

I haven't read Waid's run, but plan on it.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

@cap10nate:

@knighthood said:

@rpgesus: This thread is about the Fantastic Four run by Robinson and Kirk. It's the most recent, overall it would be called volume 5.

http://www.comicvine.com/fantastic-four/4050-71949/

so i should start by reading FF vol. 1-hickman?

Waid's run comes before Hickman, but I am struggling to think if there was any real carry over from the series that you would need to know about. I would probably start with Hickman's run and if you like it, go back and read Waid's as well John Byrne's run from 80s which is my favorite FF run along with Stan and Jack's original run.

Hickman's run goes from 570 to 588 and 600 through 611 as well as 23 issues of the FF (Future Foundation) series that starts part way through the run. All together, it is a fantastic run and one of my favorite Marvel stories ever.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rpgesus
Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: Looking at the available books, I would definitely pick up Books of Doom written by Ed Brubaker. It is an extended origin for Doom and is one of my favorite mini series of all time.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Lvenger

I'm not the biggest fan of Robinson but I have to say his FF run was some really good stuff. Solid writing, strong characterisation, a good understanding of FF and Marvel lore, a suitable balance between the light hearted and dark tense emotional moments (not like some grounded gritty incarnations of the FF), it was a nice way to close out their series even if it was undeservedly so.

BrockRumlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Nefaria/Doom feat seems like WIS to big up Doom. If it were that easy The Avengers would never have had a hard time with the dude. Or with Wonder Man when he was against "everything" they stand for and trying to destroy them.