inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The Good

The Thing and She-Thing discuss their past as they both waste away in prison. Meanwhile, Reed and Sue enjoy Eden, up until the point that they find villains are attacking Chicago.

Attacking Chicago, you say? Well, I'm in! Chicago gets passed up when it comes to villains destroying things so often, that the mere thought of seeing super-heroes in the city just tickles me pink. While there were quite a few things that bugged me about this overall issue, I'm excited with where James Robinson leaves us off. Without spoiling the last page, which was pretty awesome, it'll be nice to see the Fantastic Four (what's left of them, currently) clean up their mess and work a certain awesome character.

The Thing/She-Thing scene is a double-edged sword, on one hand, I love that Robinson is reintroducing this character into the series and the fact he keeps this issue pretty new reader friendly, even though She-Thing is never really around. Her part in this arc is pretty great and she's going to cause a lot of trouble for Ben.

The Bad

First and foremost, this was a very disappointing issue on many fronts. It was a bit of a bummer to not see Leonard Kirk on the book, since his art has really been defining this new series. Marc Laming is a talented artist and we really shouldn't be comparing the two artists on two separate books, but Laming just doesn't do it for me. His art is fine, but his page layouts lack a bit of flare. Page set-ups become a bit dull and they don't offer anything too dramatic through panel to panel storytelling. Again, it's a bit more disappointment because Laming is someone I hold in high regards.

As for the story in this issue, it's pretty bland. Robinson has done wonders with setting up multiple story lines that all, on their own, are fantastic pieces to this larger puzzle, but the story in issue #10 falls a bit flat. The Thing and She-Thing story really drags on and takes up the whole first half of the issue. It could have been trimmed a bit. The issue will leaves the reader a bit unsatisfied as nothing really moves forward.

The Verdict

When a series you've been loving puts out a middle-of-the-road issue, it hurts and that's what happened here. Understandably, not every issue of a series can be a masterpiece, but issue #10 of FANTASTIC FOUR feels like a bit of filler, stretched to fill 20 pages. Robinson sets up a lot here and all of it's pretty good, but half the issue being a conversation between Thing & She-Thing drags the book down. Overall, this series has been amazing and I can't wait for the next issue, but this one was a big bummer.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Two two's! This is a bad week apparently

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Oh god, I hope Marvel is not going to start sabotaging the Fantastic Four like some people rumored. The we all hate the upcoming movie, but that's no reason to make the comic suck.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

A lot of 2 stars today. LOVE IT!!! Let's get a 1 star next!!!

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I think this was just waste of money. So the story has Wizard and Salem Five on the cover, but Wanda just shows up and one shots them?

Is she taking steroids now ?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

Wow, back 2 back 2s! :(

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: Didn't you get the memo? Avengers > Every one else.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those are some serious typos Matt, lol.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@timelordscience said:

Then let me know. I found 3. On my new keyboard, the "n" and "m" keys don't hit correctly, but I'm too stubborn to buy a new keyboard. Also, you have a typo in spelling my name... BAM!

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bladewolf
@inferiorego said:

@timelordscience said:

Then let me know. I found 3. On my new keyboard, the "n" and "m" keys don't hit correctly, but I'm too stubborn to buy a new keyboard. Also, you have a typo in spelling my name... BAM!

No Caption Provided

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

@timelordscience said:

Then let me know. I found 3. On my new keyboard, the "n" and "m" keys don't hit correctly, but I'm too stubborn to buy a new keyboard. Also, you have a typo is spelling my name... BAM!

No Caption Provided

oh my... what is happening there?

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I agree that this issue was disappointing. There is a lot going on and none of it was fleshed out to well. First issue of the series that I haven't truly enjoyed.

I do think that there are too many story lines going on for one monthly book at the moment with everyone in different places. Either every story only gets a couple pages a month or you don't see a storyline for a month or two. I wish that there was an FF book that focused on the kids and Hammond.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bladewolf

@bladewolf said:
@inferiorego said:

@timelordscience said:

Then let me know. I found 3. On my new keyboard, the "n" and "m" keys don't hit correctly, but I'm too stubborn to buy a new keyboard. Also, you have a typo is spelling my name... BAM!

No Caption Provided

oh my... what is happening there?

All kinds of magic!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

MAT GAVE A 2 STAR REVIEW TO A SUPERHERO COMIC! YOU HIPSTER COMIC BOOK FAN!

Heh podcast has been giving me all the wrong ideas about you Mat. But it's a shame Robinson seems to have dropped the ball on his plot lines and pacing of the story. Not every issue can be perfect I guess and at least Robinson has written well for the most part up till this point. His future solicits look interesting enough to make up for this slight.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this reviewer is incompetent. Did you hit your head before the review? It was a solid issue, You seem bitter for whatever reason, more like a 3.5 star issue.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By TDK_1997

When I first saw your review I thought you were making things sound just too bad but they actually are that bad. I mean the whole issue was first, boring, and second, it seemed like nothing much happened in it and some doings of certain characters seemed pretty stupid if you ask me and without any purpose.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997:

Do you and the reviewer actually read comics? i can tell off the bat that you and the reviewer were the kinds of kids who cried on christmas morning because your mother got you the wrong color diamond encrusted gameboys. If your going to give an issue 2 stars, you need to present legit reasons for it. Your complaints are rediculous. I get being somewhat dissapointed, but was it enough to warrant 2 stars? You are ridiculous.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By StarBrand1

@captainmarvel4ever:

Please tell me your joking. don't let the worlds worst comic book fan club (the people who run this website and review things) ruin things for you. This was a solid issue and all the banter and interaction between ben and she thing were nothing short of awesome. The art was solid, not kirk, but still really really really good. It may have been somewhat of a filler issue, yes, but that doesnt automatically make it bad, or a waste of time because there is a bit of forward progression, not to mention all the action in this issue was pretty damn awesome. Robinson is doing a fantastic job at showing how bad johnny is taking is current situation, and in this issue he falls even lower. Sue is a badass as well here.

Yes wanda shows up, what the hell is the problem with that?

Comicvine needs to have a live event so the non jacka**s's on this site can pick you all apart. you guys are like the fox news of comic sites, the things you say and COMPLAIN about litterally blow my mind

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: im not bashing people for not agreeing with me. its them giving a book 2 stars, unfairly.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@starbrand1: I am not going to give it two stars but it doesn't deserve more than three stars. The issue was boring and when action happened it seemed like it was forced just for the sake of it. I thought there will be more development in what is happening but there actually isn't and the cliffhanger in the end was pretty mediocre.

And to answer your question, yeah I read comics, a lot actually.

snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By snarkybits

lol

StarBrand1 comes off as a "Do you even comics, bro?" guy. I can't even take him seriously...

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snarkybits: ummmmm no. try actually reading my posts, because i make a whole lot'a sense.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: what bothers me is this. This is in no way a 2 star issue. some people come here for guidance on whats good and whats not, and someone might see that 2 star rating and not buy the issue because of it, and that bothers me.

snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starbrand1: No, you don't make any sense. You started your side of the argument insulting @inferiorego and asking if he has brain damage. And the insults didn't stop there.

Put up your own review; talk about the issue, rate it whatever you'll rate it, and leave it at that. Everyone has a different opinion.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 inferiorego  Staff

this reviewer is incompetent. Did you hit your head before the review? It was a solid issue, You seem bitter for whatever reason, more like a 3.5 star issue.

I have epilepsy, so yes, I've hit my head before.

No bitterness. Reviewing is many times, subjective. You don't agree with me? Oh well. I won't lose sleep over it. But I thank you for coming here and trying to belittle me. You failed.

thatthomclancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thatthomclancy

@starbrand1 said:

No bitterness. Reviewing is many times, subjective. You don't agree with me? Oh well. I won't lose sleep over it. But I thank you for coming here and trying to belittle me. You failed.

So can I try to belittle you now? JK, besties for life!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

@starbrand1 said:

Do what you want but just stop texting me at 11 at night during the week. I'm sleeping.

thatthomclancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatthomclancy said:

@inferiorego said:

@starbrand1 said:

Do what you want but just stop texting me at 11 at night during the week. I'm sleeping.

I texted you at 11 at night EDT so that's 10 your time. Stop being an old man!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

@thatthomclancy said:

@inferiorego said:

@starbrand1 said:

I texted you at 11 at night EDT so that's 10 your time. Stop being an old man!

point taken

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what ever makes you feel better. i get tired of all the negativeness that spews out of this place. Im done with this site and forums in general, None of you are ever happy about any book. I try to go in as positive i can with every book but people like you pretty much ruin the comic experince for someone like my self who take every book and try to enjoy them for what they are. a friend told me when i got into comics to avoid places like this because all people do is complain, well he was right and i learned my lesson.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@starbrand1 said:

what ever makes you feel better. i get tired of all the negativeness that spews out of this place. Im done with this site and forums in general, None of you are ever happy about any book. I try to go in as positive i can with every book but people like you pretty much ruin the comic experince for someone like my self who take every book and try to enjoy them for what they are. a friend told me when i got into comics to avoid places like this because all people do is complain, well he was right and i learned my lesson.

Just wondering, how often do I review a book and give it 1 or 2 stars? You seem to know better than I do.

In fact, I actually love this series, and that's a point I make in this review. All the issues I've reviewed of FF have been 4 or 5 stars. All the negativity is coming from you.

I think in the 6 years and over 1000 books I've reviewed for CV, maybe 10 have gotten 1 star and there's only been one this year. 1%....

In fact, here's fun proof I love comics. Out of the 680 reviews CBRU has for me, my overall rating, for series I normally enjoy, is 8.2 (4.1)

http://www.comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviewer/mat-inferiorego-elfring

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@starbrand1 said:

If you click the "reviews" tab up top, the first page will display 40 of our latest reviews. A grand total of 6 reviews have a score of 3-stars or less. So yeah, I'd say there isn't nearly as much negativity as you're implying and clearly, we're very happy with a majority of the books we're fortunate enough to review. Also, if you disagree with a review, say why instead of focusing on insulting another human being. That's just rude and there's no need to do that simply because someone doesn't share your opinion about a subjective piece of work.

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i get tired of all the negativeness that spews out of this place. Im done with this site and forums in general, None of you are ever happy about any book.

Really? I'm not even reading this series, I just came to this page to check out what was up because a rating as low as 2 stars is so rare around here.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

I might get the book since it has the Wizard and to see the Thing and She-Thing though this month might be a month I'll have to save money.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Fantastic Four is a series I've been reading since 1974 and I'm really enjoying this current series. Have yet to pick up issue #10 but am looking forward to it even if it is a 2 star review. :-)