The green chapters (part four)

Comiccrazeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Comiccrazeraze

Daniel was rooted to the spot as he watched the, the "girl" shift from a huge burly guy back into her punk clad self.

"How," Daniel started, at the girl who had sat back down on the couch. She looked at him and smiled,

"Its a power, much like that weird metal thingy you can do." She made hand motions and then laughed, "Just my shtick is that I can turn into anyone, you, guy down the street," She continued talking as Daniel went deep into his thoughts.

"She had a gift like him, he was not the only one!" A few snaps in his face brought him back to reality, she was closer to him looking straight into his eyes. "Hello?! Oh hey there you are so like i was saying, names Elizabeth Monroe, friends call me Cross... Your's?" Daniel noticed that she didn't stop for a single breath,

"The name is Daniel Green. Only friends I had, died yesterday." He looked around the apartment, trying to find something else to focus on other than Elizabeth. The room was silent for a few moments and then she said something he wasn't expecting, "Well, Daniel, if it means anything I'm sorry." She put her hands on his shoulders and looked him square in the eyes. He was rooted to the spot for a few seconds and pulled away and started walking towards the apartment door,

"Thank you for helping me back on my feet, but i really must be going." As he reached for the door he heard her say,

"You don't have to leave, you do know that?" He stopped in the open doorway,

"I need to that thing, I know its still looking for me.... I can't let it find you."

"You think i'm afraid of old skinless?" She grabbed his hand, "You should stay, for a couple of reasons: I don't want to have to pull your fat out of the fire again, if old ugly comes this way i'm gonna need your assistance with kicking his butt and ya know," she stopped and looked away. "There is always strength in numbers." Daniel observed the girl called Elizabeth, she seemed innocent enough and he did need somewhere to stay until he could re-find that monster.

"Okay, I won't leave." He answered closing the door behind him. The girl got visibly happier,

"I knew you would stay, others said you wouldn't....." She stopped abruptly

"Others?" Daniel asked.

"Oh never mind that kind of slipped out nothing to be worried about, are you hungry?" She asked changing the subject. Daniel paused for a moment, she was hiding something and he knew it.

"Yeah I could eat..." She clapped startling him, and went off to the kitchen,

"Make yourself at as I boil up a few franks!" Elizabeth yelled from the kitchen. Daniel sat down on the off white couch and watched some child cartoon, a little monster, chasing a guy and his family. He watched as the whole family freaked out, only to have it revealed that it was a mouse. He softly chuckled when the dads face grew cherry red. Elizabeth soon was back with two paper plates, hot dog buns swelled with the hot dogs inside, she balanced them carefully in one hand as she carried ketchup and mustard in the other hand. He took a plate from the table as she settled down onto the other couch. He didn't bother with anything on his hot dogs and started eating.

As they dug in, Daniel learned more about the girl named Elizabeth Monroe. She was a year younger,15, though she was about the same height as he was.

"So tell me more about yourself." She paused mid bite and put her hot dog back on the plate,

"Parents were killed when I was seven, been living on the streets since then... surviving." He rose an eyebrow, "stealing with my abilities, I would literally walk into someones house as say, the husband or the wife of the household and clean them out." Daniel stayed quiet as she continued on, "Yeah though, it did turn out to be lucrative, all that money did get me this place so i'm pretty happy with it. What about you?"

Daniel hated talking about himself, but he told her about how he never knew his parents, how he bounced from orphanage to orphanage. How he had lived on the streets for most of his life, and he told her about Jim and Wilma.She listened to every word and after a few moments spoke up,

"Sounds like you've had bad luck stacked on bad luck, but I think that we should stick together, survive and what not." Daniel sat quietly for a few moments, then he weighed the odds.

"Could he become attached to this girl only to have her die like Jim and Wilma?" The thoughts brought red tints to his eyes, "That thing killed them.... the only people he could call family, he would kill it, even if it meant that he died as well. Maybe this girl could help." "Sure," He said nonchalantly, "I would appreciate the help." The girl seemed to be on the level, he just hoped that she could hold her own.

------------------------------------------------------A few hours later, in a spot not to far from Elizabeth's apartment------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James looked up from the two fresh human corpses, a young couple, that decided to flaunt their love for each other around his alley. He licked his bloodstained lips, they would suffice for the time being,,,, but the hunger, the hunger always came back. He shook himself and looked around sniffing the night air and taking in the view. His mind always went back to the prey that escaped him, using power that none of the others had exhibited. This made him excited, James knew that he was the king cobra, the hunter, of these people with power. Though this one, was it Daniel? Not only managed to escape him but managed to somewhat harm him. James got more and more excited as he considered that he was no longer a cobra hunting a lowly mouse but a cobra in a struggled with a mongoose, a mongoose backed into a corner. When next he saw the prey, he would catch it, make it run, and then strip the flesh from its very bones! This burst of excitement made his hunger came back quicker and he could feel the hunger returning..... his ears caught the sound of shuffling feet, twenty feet away... human, a fresh snack....... he smiled as he prepared for a new chase.

To be continued

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

good chapter, curious about "the Others" mentioned

Comiccrazeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Comiccrazeraze

@joshmightbe: Ah yes, they will play a pretty important role in the development of Elizabeth.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@Comiccrazeraze: I have a new chapter of The Corps up if you'd like to check it out, not big on action tho more of a set up for the next few chapters

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Looks good.