joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

2028 Home of The Brooks family Providence, RI

Adam sits in his room trying to block out the fighting but his hearing is too good. He hears every word as his father yells,"You did this to him you selfish @#$%."

She replies,"I didn't think......." He interrupted, "You never think, its just another example of you doing whatever the hell you want regardless of the consequences to anyone else."

She began yelling,"What do you care, you'll barely even look at your son." He replied,"Do you blame me? You know what never mind, I'm done."

He marched to the door,"I'll be back for my stuff."

The door slammed and Adam heard his mother stomping up the stairs toward his room. She threw the door open grabbing Adam and dragging him along behind her, "You ruined my life you little freak, go join your father if he'll have you."

She pushed the crying child out the door and locked it behind him. This was the last time Adam Brooks ever heard from either of his parents.

2041 Chicago, IL

Foxtrot company is riding in their transport to respond to a call from the Chicago PD, Monroe is reading an article on his phone and looks over to Winchester,"According to some experts, our powers may come from a personality trait."

Winchester rolls his eyes,"If you start that flamer crap again I will actually set you on fire."

Ramos looks over,"What."

Rob replied,"He don't like tacos."

Max shakes his head,"You're disgusting."

The group stares at him as Ramos states,"I'm not sure if that's homophobic, racist or sexist."

Rob nods,"I'm an overachiever."

The transport stops and they hop out. A large man is stomping down the street flipping police cars. Campbell steps up,"Okay we need to contain him, form a perimeter......"

Rob stops him,"I got this."

Campbell looks down at him,"You know what, go ahead." The Captain leans on the car and orders the group to stand down much to the shock of the surrounding police.

Rob casually strolls up to the large man,"Hey, Tons of Fun."

He turns,"The name is Bull."

Rob looks around,"Sounds about right. So Bull, you want to go ahead and surrender or am I gonna need to embarrass you in front of all the nice Normies."

Bull swings at him, Rob sidesteps. Bull starts swing his fists wildly as Rob dodges with ease and spins around behind him,"You know, they say violence is never the answer, sure a historically inaccurate statement but it sounds nice."

Bull turns in a voice that's almost a growl,"I'm gonna crush you."

He charges and Rob leaps away, he looks around,"Where'd he go."

"Up here big fella." Bull looks up to see standing on top of a street light.

Bull hits it snapping it which brought it down hard on his head, the extra weight from Rob was enough to knock Bull unconscious.

Winchester walks over to Campbell with his hand out as the Captain grudgingly slaps a 20 into it.

Adam looks up,"Someone was watching."

Campbell looked over,"What's that?"

Adam walks over to a fire escape quickly climbing to the roof of a building grabbing up a mobile camera. He tosses it down to Rob who caught it and handed it over to the Captain.

He looks it over,"Any ideas who this belongs to?" Simmons raises his hand.

He pulls out a note pad and writes, 'It's a Cryptech Odinseye, top of the line. Very expensive. Its far more than a camera, it collects all data from its area of view.'

He walks over and opens it up to pull out the hard drive.

Foxtrot company HQ

Campbell stands at the head of a table in front of a view screen,"The Odinseye was apparently following Bull, it recorded not only his abilities but also police response time and ours, not to mention Monroe's show boating. Our tech guys say that who ever it was transmitting to don't want to be found."

Nexus HQ New York City

C.E.O. James Cromwell stands behind Dr. Emil Rossini, "Why the interest in this guy? We've seen far more powerful Splicers."

Rossini sighs,"A bulldozer is more powerful than a computer, doesn't make it any more useful. His sensory abilities are frankly superior to any technology on Earth, the only thing that even comes close, is the snake man."

Cromwell straitens his tie,"Anything on those Orwells?" Rossini shakes his head,"No, they know how to avoid us. There is a great deal of potential among the T.H.T.F. though."

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

2028 Home of The Brooks family Providence, RI

Adam sits in his room trying to block out the fighting but his hearing is too good. He hears every word as his father yells, "You did this to him you selfish @#$%!!"

“I didn't think......."

"You never think!” He interrupted, “Its just another example of you doing whatever the hell you want regardless of the consequences to anyone else!"

"What do you care?” She began yelling “You barely even look at your son!"

"Do you blame me? You know what never mind, I'm done!" He marched to the door, "I'll be back for my stuff!" The door slammed and Adam heard his mother stomping up the stairs toward his room. She threw the door open grabbing Adam and dragging him along behind her, "You ruined my life you little freak, go join your father if he'll have you."

She pushed the crying child out the door and locked it behind him. This was the last time Adam Brooks ever heard from either of his parents.

2041 Chicago, IL

Foxtrot Company is riding in their transport to respond to a call from the Chicago PD, Monroe is reading an article on his phone and looks over to Winchester, "According to some experts, our powers may come from a personality trait."

Winchester rolls his eyes, "If you start that flamer crap again I WILL actually set you on fire."

Ramos looks over, "What."

"He don't like tacos." Rob replied,

Max shakes his head,"You're disgusting."

The group stares at him as Ramos states,"I'm not sure if that's homophobic, racist or sexist."

Rob nods,"I'm an overachiever."

The transport stops and they hop out. A large man is stomping down the street flipping police cars. Campbell steps up, "Okay we need to contain him, form a perimeter......"

"I got this." Said Rob cracking his knuckles.

Campbell looks down at him, "You know what…go ahead." The Captain leans on the car and orders the group to stand down much to the shock of the surrounding police.

Rob casually strolls up to the large man, "Hey! Tons of Fun!"

“The name is Bull” snorted the large man.

"Sounds about right” scoffed Rob “So Bull, you want to go ahead and surrender or am I gonna need to embarrass you in front of all the nice Normies."

Bull swings at him, Rob sidesteps. Bull starts swing his fists wildly as Rob dodges with ease and spins around behind him,"You know, they say violence is never the answer, sure a historically inaccurate statement but it sounds nice."

Bull turns in a voice that's almost a growl, "I'm gonna crush you." He charges and Rob leaps away, he looks around,"Where'd he go."

"Up here big fella." Bull looks up to see standing on top of a street light.

Bull hits it snapping it which brought it down hard on his head, the extra weight from Rob was enough to knock Bull unconscious.

Winchester walks over to Campbell with his hand out as the Captain grudgingly slaps a 20 into it.

Adam looks up,"Someone was watching."

Campbell looked over,"What's that?"

Adam walks over to a fire escape quickly climbing to the roof of a building grabbing up a mobile camera. He tosses it down to Rob who caught it and handed it over to the Captain.

He looks it over,"Any ideas who this belongs to?"

Simmons raises his hand. He pulls out a note pad and writes, 'It's a Cryptech Odinseye, top of the line. Very expensive. It’s far more than a camera, it collects all data from its area of view.' He walks over and opens it up to pull out the hard drive.

Foxtrot Company HQ

Campbell stands at the head of a table in front of a view screen,"The Odinseye was apparently following Bull, it recorded not only his abilities but also police response time and ours, not to mention Monroe's show boating. Our tech guys say that whoever it was transmitting to don't want to be found."

Nexus HQ New York City

C.E.O. James Cromwell stands behind Dr. Emil Rossini, "Why the interest in this guy? We've seen far more powerful Splicers."

"A bulldozer is more powerful than a computer” Rossini sighs “Doesn't make it any more useful. His sensory abilities are frankly superior to any technology on Earth. The only thing that even comes close, is the snake man."

Cromwell straitens his tie, "Anything on those Orwells?"

Rossini shakes his head, "No, they know how to avoid us. There is a great deal of potential among the T.H.T.F. though."

Nice! And nice mention of my guys. Blair Orwell is a super model...well probably by 2041 WAS a super model because of the anti-T.H sentiment and Arthur is possibly undercover in the military and Eric has no powers, plus Thomas Orwell is mega rich and they live in the Cook Islands so they're pretty safe...for now

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: I just figured they'd warrant a mention if someone is keeping tabs on splicers

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By tomdickharry1984

This is great guys!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@tomdickharry1984: thanks

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Odinseye...interesting :)Reading pt 4 now...wel not now NOW, but aftr this sentence...NOW! :P

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

@tomdickharry1984: glad you liked it

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

Awww a bit of a family breakup to tug the heartstrings. Very good, but you did mispell straightens (last sentence bah you missed A letter, serious Don, stop being a picky bitch). Rob seems to be a cocky, arrogant SOB who hopefully gets knocked down a peg or two. And this line "I'm not sure if that's homophobic, racist or sexist." very good.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@4donkeyjohnson: I have no excuse for the spelling, its always been my weak point

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

You are forgiven :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joshmightbe

bump

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I just figured they'd warrant a mention if someone is keeping tabs on splicers

I am keeping tabs so I appreciate the mention of the Orwells.

Poor Adam though and yes, Rob's a special over-achiever. Funny addition, really enjoying this.