Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 56- Kane's Legacy, Part 1

Location- Russia.

Year- 1954.

Time- Unknown.

It was a cold winter of night where snow brews all the time. I felt the air breeze all over my body and yet I don't feel any coldness in me. I was drafted into the CIA after the long and harsh conditions of World War 2. I recall that I used to fight along with Captain America against a common enemy. Yea, the enemy with a red skull. I also remembered the time that the Red Skull somehow escaped with his special object of power. Who knows what kind of plan will the Red Skull achieve this time? It's a terrible fact that he had gotten hold of that power.

I was sent on a special ops mission with my partner, Garrison Kane. He was a man of great battle tactics and military knowledge. He used to serve in some war factions but neva wanted to reveal about them. I used to work alone in these kind of dangerous missions. Even though there were a lot of people workin' at the CIA. Some of my co-workers used to say it's actually called Agency X for that matter. Because people with special abilities, got themselves called in and later recruited into the agency. I was special alright but some agents neva knew what kind of an animal I was. At the time, General Stryker was workin' at the agency. He saw the potential in myself includin' the Kane guy. But Kane was just an ordinary man rather than a superhuman or a mutant. He did prove to the young general that he could do things better than any other normal person in the world.

We arrived in Russia to find the "Carbonadium Synthesizer." It was used to pump the amount of red pills into a Russian super-soldier. Unfortunately, this super-soldier ain't anythin' like Captain America whom I have met back in the second world war. He was rumoured to be a mutant who can produce "Death Factor." The death factor would mean that the mutant can secrete pheromones and drain the lifeforce out of anyone by the use of his steel coils. It was kinda hard to imagine how a mutant can have such a ability. The ability wasn't similar to the healin' factor by the way. It was only meant to destroy people with healin' factors. I'm guessin' why the Russian super-soldier would want the carbonadium synthesizer for his survival. Without it, he would die instantly. But we found out that he was cryogenically frozen in the Russian submarine. The submarine was meant for wars and certain attacks against possible enemies. But for some reason, the Russian government decided to keep the super-soldier there. We may have to find for sure enough once we get to the bottom of the sea.

Once we have arrived near the borders of the sea, there were several Russian soldiers guardin' the posts. Kane took his sniper carefully and crawled under the snow. I did the same but I didn't take my gun out as I have my own animal senses to prepare. It was that time I didn't have my adamantium claws yet. If I had them right now, it would have been much easier for myself to attack these Russian punks. Kane always managed to come up with his own dirty tricks and yet he wouldn't tell myself about it. He was a quiet man who neva gives up a fight. We had worn our coats since it was too cold outside. I can feel the cold temperature risin' beneath my skin. Even though I was a f*ckin' animal who kills a lot of people.

When Kane stopped at a certain area, I also took out my sniper, gettin' ready for the silent shot. We ain't sure how many Russian dudes we were dealin' with here. But we have to stay close and be very careful about the possible situation. Kane already took a shot at the one of the men's head. I took out another one while the other men were lookin' to see which people were shootin' at them. They went away and we got up just in case if they were goin' to find us.

We covered ourselves with ten inches of snow. So that the Russians wouldn't able to find us. The soldiers kept runnin' like rats until we were ready to fire a shot. As we were about to take the shot, a memory flashes in my mind. This happened when Stryker was givin' the strict orders to us. On the other hand, it was a big mission whom the CIA's purpose is to destroy the Russian super-soldier at any costs.

22 hours ago.

Location- C.I.A., United States of America.

Year- 1954.

Time- Unknown.

I was at the C.I.A. headquarters where I was havin' a nice chit-chat with my fellow partner. He told myself that he used to be a mercenary in his old days. But he realized that he wanted somethin' out of his life rather killin' a bunch of random evil people. I heard that he had a partner and a friend once. I never thought it would come to this since I neva knew Wade was that partner. Kane also mentioned that Wade went crazy and yet he didn't mind starin' at his ugly face. It was part of his genetic condition while he was born. Even though Wade didn't have any special powers at that point. Rather than talkin' about the crazy merc, I took out a can of beer and drank in a sip while Kane was lookin' outside the glass window.

"It's a nice day. Isn't it, Logan?"

"Yea, pretty nice."

He was still starin' outside as if he though he wanted to get out of the C.I.A. But he had to do it just for the country's sake. At the time, we were caught ourselves in the "Cold War." The Russians wanted more power as they planned to create the ultimate super-soldier. But it wasn't just a super-soldier. He was a born, d@mn mutant who got drafted into a version of Project X. Yea, it was actually called Soviet X. The Russian government decided to use that name so that they have their own super-humans in the ranks. I read the personnel files about the Russian mutant. His real name was Arkady Rossovich. He was a serial killer who used to rape beautiful women and later killed them. If ya ask me, it looks like the serial killer back in the 1800s. Such tales wouldn't scare myself that I would want to finish the killer myself. But I bet ya anythin' it ain't just the Jack the Ripper who has done the killin'. It might have been an ordinary guy who took a secret identity upon himself and later lurin' precious female souls into his domain. Anyways, I have learned more about this Arkady's past. I didn't wanna go any further in learnin' the information since there were gruesome details on the report. Kane also looked at it and gave himself a thought of how he could handle such a serial killer. We assumed that Arkady must have secreted pheromones or death spores onto the victim' body. Maybe, we were wrong about the rapin' part as the files have said it. But we would consider that as a new way of killin'.

We were called in by the young general himself. Those days, Stryker neva changed his attitude as he always remained the same. I wonder what other secrets that the young guy knew about Project X. Kane and I have heard about it. But the young general wouldn't reveal anythin' about the facility. It's a matter of time that we may find out for sure. I always wonder if he had somethin' in store for us. We may have worked as partners for at least four years in a row. Kane knew myself better than anyone and yet the Stryker wouldn't mind noticin' it. It must be the reason why Kane was chosen as my new partner. I neva had partners workin' with me before. This may be all new to me but I sure can handle it as any other secret agent on the base.

We went to the meetin' room where Stryker discussed our next mission. We knew it would be about the Russian mutant so that we can kill him. But that wasn't just the only thing. Stryker wanted ourselves to also take the most valuable item on the planet.

"That's right, men. The Carbonadium Synthesizer. We believe that the Russians hid the object somewhere in the submarine. We wanted you to get it. But both of you should be warned of the Omega Red."

The "Omega Red" was a codename given for the Russian mutant. Yea, not a bad name for a serial killer. Kane looked at the files again and realize the consequences that we may about to face. This won't be an easy mission to handle. We always had tough missions before. But this new mission could be the toughest of all.

The general ended the discussion and we got up from our seats. I told Kane that we have to very careful about this new mission because somethin' ain't right here. Kane said that we had no choice but to listen to the young general. We walked out of the secret meetin' room and get ready for the next mission.

Present.

We took several silent shots on the Russian soldiers. They fell down dead on the deep trenches of snow. We uncovered our snowman disguise and had to move forward. Kane activated his sensor array from his eye. It's a bionic implant which meant to track down enemies easily. Kane decided to take himself as part of the bionic man experiment. But it was just minor improvements in the human physiology. I only used my animal senses to check and see if there were any enemies around. Since there were none, we wore our divin' suits so that we could dive down deeper to the bottom of the sea. I had a bad feelin' that Omega Red might be waitin' for us somewhere in that d@mn submarine. It could be a deep trap for all we know.

To be continued in Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 57- Kane's Legacy, Part 2.

A deep trap? Hmmm, I don't know. Something's not right here. What dangers will lie ahead besides the frozen Omega Red? And will the two C.I.A. agents find the Carbonadium Synthesizer in time? Find out in the next watery continuation arc of Wolverine. It's gonna be a deep trouble, bub. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.