Paradise Lost - Prologue - Rated FR21

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By InnerVenom123

((Okay, so this is a story between me and Rachel, a friend of mine from RP. The characters belong to her, but I revamped a lot of them, and we RPed it for a while. Then we both thought of making it into a book format, for fun. She uploaded it on DeviantArt, so I upload it here on ComicVine. The reason for it being here? Well, comic book characters start to show up later. Anyway, I'm not gonna lie, its trippy, fantasy kinda stuff. So please enjoy, and keep in mind, it gets violent. There are torture scenes and some creepy stuff.)) 

Light shone into the windows of the grand palace that stood in the middle of the city of Venyerd.  It had been there for almost two millennia.  Since the day that Cyleon won the war, and became king or the new land they called Elmerá.  Since then the dresmeyr, a race of humanoid dragons, had ruled Elmerá.  Now the kingdom was ruled by a new generation: Angelo, and his mate, Tyrella.  They had many children, the youngest being a girl they named Eryn, which was the nick name that her great grandmother, Arenthieah, had.  Today was Eryn's 6th birthday.

Her uncle Damen took her out into the forest surrounding the city, and they had all kinds of fun together.  Eryn loved her uncle very much. He was her mother's brother, and also an adviser to the king.  Eryn saw him as her idol.  The entire day was glorious for her, and she thought nothing could spoil it.  Until her uncle told her something at the end of the day.

"I have to leave for a little while, Eryn, on some business at Norma Ridge."  She looked up at him with tears in her eyes.

"H-how long are you going to be gone?"

"Not long, perhaps a few days.  Don't worry, Norma Ridge isn't far from here.  I'll be back before you know it, and we'll get to spend more time together."  He pressed something into her hands.  It was a small stuffed animal, a pure black wolf.  She looked up at him and he smiled at her.  "I know how much you miss Dusk, so I got this for you, to remind you of him.  I know it won't bring him back, but it's the best I could do."  He hugged his niece lovingly, smiling at her.  "Happy birthday, Eryn."  He left her then, clutching the wolf in her hands.

Eryn's mother, Tyrella, tucked her into bed, stroking the black scales along Eryn's head, closing Eryn's red eyes, singing her a lullaby to get her to go to sleep.  She finally did get to sleep, feeling warm and safe under the covers, still clutching the wolf that her uncle had given to her, and she was lulled into a world of dreams.

†------§------†

There was screaming, so much screaming that night.  Eryn slept like an infant, as Tyrella screamed for her.  The blade was edged like a saw, and sliced through her throat with ease.  Eryn's siblings screamed, one by one.  The king roared, trying to fight back.  But it was futile.  The blade sliced across his neck the same as it had the others, and he was dead within seconds.

The door to Eryn's room slowly opened, and the killer stood there.

Eryn woke up, tied down to a bed, like an operating table, in nature.  The room around her had no windows, just brick wall.  A torch on the left most wall, and a door on that wall as well.  Cobwebs covered most of the room, spiders crawling on the ceiling and floor.

The rusted black knob of the door slowly started to turn, and the door began to open.  The door was made of rotting black wood, and the cold hand that gripped the knob on the other side was gloved.  "Did you finally wake up...?"

Eryn turned her head towards the door, scared, not knowing what was going on.  She thought she recognized the voice that had spoken to her.  "U-uncle Damen??"

She suddenly realized something, something very wrong.  She wasn't a dresmeyr anymore.  She was human.  This realization sent her into a panic.

"Ahh, so you ARE awake.  Good."  Damen walked into the room, and shut the door.  He was human too. He faced the door as it shut, wearing a gray surgical gown that covered his body from the bottom of his neck to the bottom of his ankles.  "We have much work to do."

Damen turned, and walked toward the operating table.  Once at Eryn's side, he was smiling noticeably.  He kneeled down, and pulled something out from under the table, a tiny box on wheels, with a flat metal surface, the wheels of which squeaked when moved.  On the surface, which resembled a tray, there were several blades.  Operating blades, scalpels, drills, and the like.

"Happy birthday, to you..."  His voice started to crack, full of nervous excitement.  "Happy birthday, to you..."

Eryn stared at him in complete and utter horror, her dark blue eyes wide with fear.  "Wh-what are you doing??"  She started to tremble as she looked at the blades and drills so very close to her.

"Happy birthday, to you..."  Damen reached for the scalpel, and twisted it around in his fingers, so that the blade was facing down.  "Happy birthday, dear Eryn..."

Sweat dripped down his forehead, and he was breathing hard in the surgical mask.  He did not like his new human form, but he was forced in it. As a dresmeyr, he would have been able to kill Eryn far easier.  But this wasn't what his master wanted.

"Happy birthday, to you!"  The scalpel's blade slammed down into Eryn's right hand, top ward down, so that the blade stuck through her palm on the other end.  Blood began to gush out, and Damen was shaking, with pure joy.

Eryn screamed in pure agony, tears streaming down from her eyes.  She struggled, wanting to get away, but couldn't because she was restrained.  She looked up into Damen's eyes, tears still streaming down hers, a look of pleading.

"Shhh..."  He twisted the blade, left, and then right.  With masterful skill, he ripped the blade upward, and smiled, as the warm blood was flung from the blade onto his surgical gown.  "You're such a lucky girl.  This is your time to shine."

She screamed more, much louder, as he twisted the blade.  Many more tears fell from her eyes, and she wished this was just a nightmare.  But if it were so, she would've woken by now.  This was very real.

Damen was shaking noticeably, and breathing out deeply, while taking in huge gusts of wind.  He dropped the scalpel on the tray and reached for the drill shaped blade.  Gripping it in his hand, he raised it over Eryn's left cheek, directly under her eye.  "You're the luckiest girl in the world..."  His voice was shaky, as if he was crying.  He breathed in a bit of air and slammed the drill shaped blade down.

Eryn's eyes shut tightly, and her mouth opened widely as if to scream, but no sound came out.  She passed out from the pain, and the blood loss; a six year old girl could only handle so much at a time.

Hours passed.  Days passed.  YEARS passed.  The same thing would happen every day.  Eryn would wake up, with new bandages covering her.  They were the only thing she had to keep her warm, aside from the torch on the wall.  Damen had already told her that her parents were dead.  Her brothers and sisters were dead.  She was alone.

On the third year, on the 135th day, Damen opened the door, and he wheeled in a tray, similar to the box on wheels that was already in the room, underneath her "bed".

On the tray, there was a cake, with white frosting all over.  Nine lit candles on the top.

She looked up, her breathing light and slow.  She watched as her uncle brought in the cake, somewhat confused, and untrusting.

"Do you know what day it is, my dear niece?"  He was still in his surgical gown, as he brought the tray to a stop and stood next to it.

She looked back up at him, her eyes showing no emotion.  "No.... why should I care?"

"It's your ninth birthday. We're going to celebrate."  Damen walked over toward Eryn's "bed" and knelt down, taking out the surgical tray.  He grabbed the bloodied scalpel and lifted it.  "I'm going to give you one piece of cake, and then, we have to get right back to work..."

She looked at the scalpel, and then closed her eyes again, being used to it by now, but that didn't mean she liked it.

Damen sliced the scalpel down into the top of the cake, and down to the bottom the blade slid.  Dragging staining some of the frosting with dried blood along the way.  Damen slid the blade down again a few inches to the right, and then, he put the piece of cake into his palm.  He dropped the scalpel onto the top of the cake and turned toward Eryn.  "Now, it's time to eat your cake..."

She opened her eyes, looking up at him.  "...I'm not hungry."

Damen's fingers caved inward, and the piece of cake partially crumbled, partially balled up.  He shoved the cake over her face, and then Eryn could feel it, the blood gushing out, the dead rat that was in the cake.  All of the dead rats in the cake.  "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ERYN!!!"

She kept her eyes shut, wishing he would just get today's "work", as he called it, done and over with.

He reared his hand back, and grabbed the scalpel.  The scars covering Eryn's body were Damen's handiwork, and he loved every second of it.

The screams echoed into the night, and hours later, Damen stopped.  Covered in blood, looking at Eryn.  He had been digging into her scar tissue, and making more material that would end up as scars.  "Do you know why you're STILL ALIVE?"

Blood running down her arms and neck, tears running down her face, she looked up at him weakly.  She somehow managed to whisper a response.  "....why?"

"Darkness.  Our true God.  He's going to make great things happen, all because of you."  Damen rolled the surgical tray back under Eryn's "bed", and he shoved the cake tray aside. He stood there, right at her side, looking down at her.  "He's chosen you."

Her eyes widened a little.  She had heard of Darkness before.  EVERYONE had.  He was the embodiment of all evils, fears, and pain.  Her lips quivered a little as she tried to find words to say.  "..D-Darkness isn't a god!  Light is!  He.. he's the one who created everything.  Darkness won't do anything to help us!"

She felt very small then, pausing for a moment.  "....why did he choose me??"

"Did anyone ever tell you the story of the First King?"

She hesitated for a moment.  Of course she had heard the story of the war, but she figured there was something more to this, because when she heard it there was no mention of Darkness ever.  "..N-no."

"When this country was just discovered, the leaders of the foreign lands went to war over it.  The dresmeyr were the smarter ones, WE were the more cunning.  Our first king made a deal with Darkness himself.  We win the war, we gain this country, and Darkness would have anything he asked for, at anytime.  And now, it's time.  He wants YOU."

Damen smiled underneath the surgical mask, and turned toward the door.  "Our work is done today.  We'll have more time for fun tomorrow."

As Damen opened the door, he paused, standing before the doorway.  "I love you, my niece."  He slammed the door behind him, and blood dripped from the corpses of the rats in the sliced birthday cake.

Eryn shivered with this new knowledge that her uncle had just given to her.  Questions swarmed through her mind.  Why hadn't anyone told her this before?  Why had the first king been dumb enough to make a deal with Darkness in the first place?  And why was she what Darkness wanted?

She began to feel faint, as the blood ran down her skin.  She closed her eyes and fell into sleep's merciful embrace.

The next day, Eryn woke up in a feverish sweat.  The door slammed open at the exact same time that her eyes opened.  Damen stood there, in his usual attire.  He held the doll in his hand, the one that he had given her to remind her of her favorite pet, Dusk.  The black wolf doll had no change of expression, as Damen yanked the surgical tray out from under her bed.

"Dusk is sick, Eryn..."  Damen pulled the scalpel from the tray, and slammed the doll onto the "table" that Eryn lay on, right next to her.  "I have to cut him.  I have to cut him.  I have to cut him."

He repeated this twisted montra as he slammed the blade of the scalpel down into the face of the doll, and he cut the blade downward, upward, to both sides, letting white fluff fly in all directions.  Eryn started to cry for the doll that had kept her warm on the night of her sixth birthday.  It was the only family she had left, aside from Damen.  "I HAVE TO CUT HIM!  I HAVE TO CUT HIM!!!"

Eryn began to shake as Damen's voice rose, higher and higher.  "I WILL NOT BE IGNORED!  YOU WILL THINK OF NO ONE BUT ME!  NO ONE!!!  I HAVE TO CUT HIM I HAVE TO CUT HIM!!!"

Within moments, the doll was in shreds.  And Damen tossed aside the doll, and grabbed Eryn's chin with his hand.  "YOU WILL LOVE NO ONE BUT ME, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!"  He had fury in his eyes.  And he let go of her, and he set the surgical tray back under the "bed", and he grabbed the remains of the doll, and took them with him.  He slammed the door.  Eryn couldn't control the panicked tears that followed.

Months of this same routine passed once more.  Damen would come in, slice Eryn up for a few hours, and then leave.  The months piled onto each other, and soon enough, more years had gone by.  When Eryn was first abducted, she was a sweet 6 year old girl.  Now she was no longer innocent, and she was 11 years of age.  She still cried like a little girl during the torture, but every day it became more routine.

The door slammed open, and Damen rushed in, slamming his legs into the side of her "bed".  His surgical gown was on, but the facial mask was gone, as was the head covering.

"HE CAN'T-- HE CAN'T TAKE YOU AWAY!  NOT NOW!!"  He leaned over the bed and wrapped his arms around Eryn, crying and shaking and screaming.  "YOU'RE MINE!  MINE!  DO YOU UNDERSTAND!?!?"

He lifted up and bent down, taking the surgical tray out, grabbing the scalpel.  "I'LL KILL HER BEFORE YOU TAKE HER!!!!"

That's when Eryn saw it.  The shadow that slithered in through the doorway.  A set of red, piercing eyes, glared from it.  It was in the shape of a man, and yet, there was shadow emanating from its form still, like a stained painting.

Eryn's eyes widened as she stared up at her uncle.  She was confused, and scared.  She didn't know what was going on, and she didn't know what that shadow with the glowing red eyes was either.

The shadow began to speak.  Its voice echoed through the room, dark and raspy.  When it breathed in between sentences, it sounded like the screams of dying children.  "You have grown too attached to her."

Damen raised the scalpel in his hand, and was prepared to lower it down onto Eryn, but then, a shadowy tendril fired out from the darkness, and pulled his arm toward it.

"Your emotions have been amplified by this human form... I only gave it to you so that you could not accidentally slice her to death with your claws.  But neither form is suitable..."

Damen screamed as the shadow walked toward him.  "M-MASTER!  PLEASE, SHE'S MY ONLY NIECE!!!  I NEED HER!!!"

"As I thought."  Damen's body began to glow, a mix of red and yellow, like puss and blood from a scab that has been cut open.

Eryn watched all of this with utter terror in her eyes.  Though she didn't want the daily routine of the torture to keep happening, this change was absolutely frightening.  She had no idea what had made her uncle come in acting like that.  And now... she saw Darkness for the first time, and he was more frightening than she ever imagined.

Damen's body collapsed like liquid, and splattered onto the ground.  A gray substance now, inanimate.

Darkness looked toward Eryn, and blinked.  The restraints on Eryn's bed snapped free.  "Come with me, child."

(READ CHAPTER 1 BY CLICKING ON THESE WORDS)

Avatar image for hiddendragonipv
HiddenDragonIPV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HiddenDragonIPV

All rights belong to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!  .....and you. xD

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123
@HiddenDragonIPV: xD Because I invented Damen and all his creepy scenes :P
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

Bump :D

Avatar image for captaincockblock
CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CaptainCockblock

this is awesome! terrifying and... just plain confusing, but awesome!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123
@CaptainCockblock said:
" this is awesome! terrifying and... just plain confusing, but awesome! "
xD I told ya, trippy trippy. I didn't make the trippy elements tho, you can blame my friend Rachel (HiddenDragonIPV above) for that. 

It gets better, so stick around, and please read/post about chap 1! :D
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123

Bump :P

Avatar image for hiddendragonipv
HiddenDragonIPV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By HiddenDragonIPV
@CaptainCockblock:  What's confusing about it?! xD
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#9  Edited By Dracade102

...Damen is my new hero, and He gave me my New favorite Quote!!! :P

"I WILL NOT BE IGNORED!  YOU WILL THINK OF NO ONE BUT ME!  NO ONE!!!  I HAVE TO CUT HIM I HAVE TO CUT HIM!!!"

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123
@Dracade102 said:
"

...Damen is my new hero, and He gave me my New favorite Quote!!! :P

"I WILL NOT BE IGNORED!  YOU WILL THINK OF NO ONE BUT ME!  NO ONE!!!  I HAVE TO CUT HIM I HAVE TO CUT HIM!!!"

"
LOL XD Nice taste in heroes there! XD
CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CaptainCockblock

This is great, I will definitely follow it. I have this blog on blogger called "What a Wonderful Wasteland" it's a point of view daily biography of me and my friends in the zombie apocalypse. check it out if you get board. great work man! I HAVE TO CUT HIM XD!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By InnerVenom123
@CaptainCockblock said:
" This is great, I will definitely follow it. I have this blog on blogger called "What a Wonderful Wasteland" it's a point of view daily biography of me and my friends in the zombie apocalypse. check it out if you get board. great work man! I HAVE TO CUT HIM XD! "
Seriously, Damen is a possible pedo. O_O; That whole scene with the stuffed animal (WHICH I WROTE, BTW XD) is just freaky. xD

How do I get to your blog? :o
(Please post on the other chapters, which are up! :D)
CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CaptainCockblock

here's the link for my zombie apocalypse blog.
 http://whatawonderfulwasteland.blogspot.com/2010/04/sweet-sweet-armageddon.html

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123
@CaptainCockblock said:
" here's the link for my zombie apocalypse blog.  http://whatawonderfulwasteland.blogspot.com/2010/04/sweet-sweet-armageddon.html "
Sweet!
CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CaptainCockblock
@HiddenDragonIPV:  i don't know prologues tend to be like that for  truly good stories, i guess. great work. check out some of mine if you're bored. i'm gonna post a short deadpool comic soon. he talks about hot chicks from Wisconsin. now THAT is confusing!
chris thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By chris thompson
@InnerVenom123:
This is a AWESOME story (and all really interesating btw). Damon is creppy as he!l. I felt so scared for Eryn, I almost stopped reading a few times. Nice work InnerVenom and Rachel.