Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Blacklightning13

Rated: T

Marvel: Genesis

Captain America:  The Choice Part 1

1940 February 9 New York City

“Sign up today! Help our friends in Europe!” The man stood on the corner of one of the busiest streets shouting his recruiting pitch for the war he was certain to come even though so many were not sure. The military hadn't even started recruiting drives, this man was just a volunteer for what he thought was right.

I young man named Steve Rogers walked away wondering if he was right. Were we really going to get involved in this fight? It seemed like the rest of the world had already split in half to face each other. Could we be far behind?

Thud! He hadn't been paying attention and walked face first into what felt like a brick wall. The force of his clumsiness fell backwards into the dirt.

"Hey! What’s this?" A huge man stood on the foot path looking down at him.

Even though he was 18 and the man blocking his way couldn't have been much older then him. The man was a giant of a man and looked rather angry. His huge hand reached down and grabbed me by the scruff of my neck. He pulled me off my feet and dangled me a few centre metres above the ground. “What have I got here? A little runt who should learn to watch where he's going”.

There's a feeling Steve always got when someone wants to fight him or theirs some kind of threat. His body starts to shake, his mind goes clear, and all I can see and think of is the threat. My body doesn’t feel like its normal scrawny self. I feel tall and strong enough to stand my ground.

With barely a thought, He reacted to the threat he swung a left hook straight to his face. He felt his jaw wobble in it's socket beneath his suddenly solid fist. He lost his balance and staggered back, but the shock of it happening hit him harder than the young mans fist.

He dropped Steve to the ground as he wobbled back from the punch. But as soon as he recuperated he retaliated with arms outstretched, he charged at him and just as the man jumped to crush him,  he ducked.  He passed over Him as if in slow motion, giving a sort of super long time to react. Letting a punch go straight up into his stomach. The blow did more than hit his stomach. It threw his jump off balance. He landed and slid and tumbled into some trash cans with a resounding smash!

The noise was sudden, surprisingly loud, and unfortunately close enough to catch the attention of some of the mans nearby dangerous associates. Outnumbered and now with his rush quickly fading out powered beyond hope, Steve realized he couldn’t win this one especially considering he hardly survived the first. So he ran. Steve ran faster than he ever knew he could.  Easily losing his followers in the 4 blocks to my home.

End of Part 1

Special thanks to ruckus24 who provided a huge help with this and will hopefully provide many more.

CAPTAIN AMERICA AND ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS USED ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, THIS IS JUST AN IDEA OF MY PROPERTY THAT IS COMPLETELY SEPARATE TO MARVEL INC.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator
@Blacklightning13: Great Cap Story! I see you have added the Marvel imprint of your title. I guess that's been decided already. I won't be using that imprint as part of my Wolverine title though. I'll just mention it in the writing section.
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CapFanboy
@The Impersonator: As long as the readers know that it's part of our marvel U re-imagining titled Marvel: Genesis, it doesn't matter whether you include it in the title
desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By desperado_

Good Job man.

Avatar image for blacklightning13
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blacklightning13
@desperado_:   @The Impersonator: Thanks guys as you can see down the bottom of the page I had quite a bit of help from Ruckus24 but the next chapter witch is already written and ready to go and is much more my creation but Ruckus still help a lot.
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#6  Edited By The Impersonator
@Blacklightning13: You're welcome! That's good to hear. Plus, I can't wait for more. Just you know, I already wrote Project X: The Birth of Wolverine- Prologue. I included Cap in it.
Avatar image for blacklightning13
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blacklightning13

You did? Oh OK that's cool  i have read your character list and the first half of the prologue i just have been kind of busy to read the other half.

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By moviegeek17

awesome start so far!