Moon Knight: Shadowmoon - #1 (Script)

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Edited By InnerVenom123

Continuing on the alternate path that "The Red Moon" established.

Rated M

Thanks, Jordan!
Thanks, Jordan!

Page 1

1/ Moon Knight standing inside of a busted up bar, one of the “Bar With No Name” – in fact, this bar is littered with the bleeding corpses of HYDRA agents, along with a particularly familiar D-list supervillain (Meta-Hax from the Punisher: LMDeath book). He’s got his ridiculous costume covered in blood as he lies dead. Khonshu is standing behind Moon Knight. Khonshu here is wearing a black cloak over his body, with a hood over his head that still shows his large beak.

Moon Knight is with his standard gear, including his spiked knuckles from “The Bottom” and “Red Moon”. His costume is worn and disgusting looking. It’s as if he’s been wearing it for weeks on end.

KHONSHU: We’re late.
MOON KNIGHT: Yeah. Guess so. I’m sorry, I was sure they’d be here alive…
KHONSHU: Ready for the vengeance we had in store. Alas.
KHONSHU: Come. We’re done for tonight.

2/ Moon Knight looking at Khonshu.

MOON KNIGHT: Please tell me…
KHONSHU: Tell you what, my priest?

3/ Close up of Moon Knight’s face.

MOON KNIGHT: Tell me who I am. Who I REALLY am.

4/ Underfoot view of Khonshu. His eyes are dark and glowing, with a bright hint of anger.

KHONSHU: You are the Moon Knight, my avatar. Anything else is not necessary to know.
KHONSHU: Do you understand?

5/ Moon Knight looking down.

MOON KNIGHT: Yes.
CAPTION(Moon Knight): But that’s not true. I don’t understand.

Page 2

1/ Moon Knight walking outside the bar with Khonshu following him.

KHONSHU: A dark day is coming, Moon Knight.
MOON KNIGHT: A dark day?

2/ Moon Knight looking at Khonshu questioningly.

KHONSHU: The shadows are gathering.

3/ Full view of a Hospital.

KHONSHU: And when they take a solid form, they will do what they will be born to do.

4/ Inside of a morgue, a metal door that holds a corpse slams open.

MOON KNIGHT: And what’s that?

5/ Close up of the door’s insides. White Cat is crawling out. She’s naked, obviously, but she’s shadowed appropriately. Her face is heavily mutilated, but her eyes – or rather, the place where her eyes used to be - are glowing with an intense darkness.

CAPTION: ANNE ROBERTSON, WHITE CAT
SUB-CAPTION: DECEASED; KILLED BY MOON KNIGHT
KHONSHU: Try to kill us.

Page 3

1/ Profile view of Khonshu’s hooded form staring down at Moon Knight.

KHONSHU: That’s all I can tell you for tonight. You will remember that your name is Moon Knight. Nothing else.
KHONSHU: Correct?

2/ Profile view of Moon Knight looking up at Khonshu.

CAPTION(Moon Knight): Snakes slither inside of my eyes and across my brain. I used to think they were comforting hands, massaging the pain away. Giving me new life. But that’s just what he wanted me to think.
CAPTION(Moon Knight): There are snakes in my brain and he puts them there.
MOON KNIGHT: Yes.

3/ Back view of Moon Knight. Khonshu is fading into the moon light around them.

KHONSHU: The day is coming sooner than we both suspect, my priest. My loyal son.
KHONSHU: Prepare yourself. Rest well.

4/ Underfoot view of Moon Knight. The moon is full above them.

MOON KNIGHT: I will.

Page 4

1/ Moon Knight walking through a dark alley. His cape is dragging along behind him, catching bits of filth and any puddles nearby. But he doesn’t care.

CAPTION(Moon Knight): I know I’m a prisoner.
CAPTION(Moon Knight): I used to really believe his words. I used to really think I was his loyal priest; his favored son.

2/ Moon Knight climbing a ladder on the side of a building.

CAPTION(Moon Knight): But then… something happened.
CAPTION(Moon Knight): Something... RED. There was screaming and red like BLOOD.

3/ Front view of Moon Knight climbing over the top of a rooftop ledge from the ladder.

CAPTION(Moon Knight): I heard her voice one last time. A scream for help. A gunshot.
CAPTION(Moon Knight): Then a pressure in my skull with a second gunshot. That’s all.

4/ Back view of Moon Knight, standing on the rooftop. In front of him there’s a blanket and a pillow, along with a bottle of water; all thrown about together near the ledge.

CAPTION(Moon Knight): I live on these rooftops and I kill the scum of the Earth for the sake of vengeance…
CAPTION(Moon Knight): But for the life of me, I can’t remember how I got here.
CAPTION(Moon Knight): Did I have a home? Did I have a family?

5/ Flashback to the ending of “The Red Moon”, a back view of Moon Knight glancing over the ledge to see Marlene, who isn’t looking toward him.

CAPTION(Moon Knight): The only thing linking my memory together is her. I’ve never even heard her talk… but I just know it. That voice belongs to her.
CAPTION(Moon Knight): Every time I try to begin an investigation of her, God appears and tells me to stop. So I listen to him and carry out his will. Then I forget why I started in the first place.

Page 5

1/ Moon Knight lying down on the rooftop, with the blanket partially over him.

CAPTION(Moon Knight): I wake up with a scattered memory every day. Flashes sometimes. Her face in the morning. Her face next to me at night. But I can only think about them now because I remember them now. They’ll disappear later. And they’ll reappear. And I’ll question them all over again.

2/ Same shot, but Moon Knight is fully covered and his eyes are shut.

CAPTION(Moon Knight): My only fear, my greatest fear, is that I’ll never discover who she is.

3/ Outside of the Hospital Morgue. White Cat is walking out, with a skintight white leather outfit that’s entirely blank and covers her head to toe, leaving not even her face open. She’s drawn a kitten face on the front, like an internet emoticon (=3). There are no airholes on the costume, which reflects her undead status.

CAPTION(Moon Knight): Nothing can compare.

4/ Back view of White Cat. She’s looking up at the sky. The moon is black, and there is a set of white, glowing eyes coming from it.

WHITE CAT: Yes… yes I understand.

5/ Close up of White Cat looking up.

WHITE CAT: Bastet. I understand.

Page 6

1/ The moon shining brightly from behind the perspective of a large window. It’s just glass. There’s a logo in some red, cursive writing. It’s “Le Table” backwards. It’s written across the entire window.

MARLENE: I just don’t understand…

2/ Pan out more to show the inside of the café that Jean Paul (“Frenchie”) and his partner Rob Silverman own. Marlene is sitting at the table closest to the large window, and above the moon is visible between a few buildings. Jean Paul is sitting across from her and Rob is sitting next to him. They’re shadowed here, but we know it’s them.

JEAN PAUL: We’re going to find him.
JEAN PAUL: I promise you.

3/ Back view of JP and Rob, Marlene looks angry, she’s shouting. She has visible bruising on her face that’s been healing for a while, apparently. She has a bandage on her head and a cast on her left arm. This is conflicting with the ending of “Red Moon”, because she looked totally fine there.

MARLENE: YOU’RE DAMN RIGHT YOU WILL!!
MARLENE: LOOK AT ME!!

4/ Profile view of Marlene, she’s looking up at the window, toward the moon. She’s crying.

MARLENE: Look what he did to me.
MARLENE: Look at my life. Look at our lives. (Small text)

5/ Back view of Marlene looking towards Jean Paul and Rob. Jean Paul has her hand in his, comforting her.

MARLENE: Less than two months ago I was PREGNANT and we were going to be happy…
MARLENE: Look how it went, Jean Paul…
JEAN PAUL: Marlene, I know. We’re going to--
JEAN PAUL: He’s NOT WELL, and we WILL find him.

6/ Pan out from the two, to give a view of the entire inside of the place.

MARLENE: I know…
MARLENE: Still doesn’t stop me from wanting to kick his head in…

Page 7

1/ Flashback to “The Red Moon”, the struggle between Jean Paul and Moon Knight between Marlene. Moon Knight is walking up to Jean Paul, who is standing next to a panicking and bruised Marlene, who has a makeshift cast on her arm.

MOON KNIGHT: GET AWAY FROM HER!!
CAPTION(Marlene): Marc…

2/ Jean Paul punching Moon Knight in the face in the same fashion that Moon Knight punched Jean Paul during this same scene in “Red Moon”.

JEAN PAUL: GET IN THE CAR, MARLENE!!!
MOON KNIGHT: NGH--!!

3/ Back view of Moon Knight fallen onto his knees as Jean Paul and Marlene drive away.

CAPTION(Marlene): I can’t get that day out of my head…
CAPTION(Marlene): You deranged occultist sociopath… if only I could believe it wasn’t just you…

4/ Khonshu standing over the scene. His eyes are identical to the Red Moon, just smaller.

CAPTION(Marlene): Maybe it wasn’t… maybe you were possessed…

5/ Back to reality, Moon Knight waking up. Sitting up on the rooftop. Khonshu is hovering next to him.

CAPTION(Marlene): Either way. It’s your fault. And I…
CAPTION(Marlene): I hate you for it.

Page 8

1/ Profile view of Khonshu looking up at the moon.

KHONSHU: So soon.

2/ Back view of Moon Knight, looking toward Khonshu.

MOON KNIGHT: What? What’s soon?

3/ Overhead view of the two of them. Moon Knight is not looking up like Khonshu is.

KHONSHU: Look at the Moon, son.

4/ Moon Knight turning around, squinting his eyes. Khonshu is looking halfway as well. The moon is black, with a set of white, glowing eyes.

SFX: BOOSHKT
MOON KNIGHT: Did you hear that?
KHONSHU: Mhm.

Page 9

1/ Overhead view of the alley Moon Knight walked to get to the building. A nameless man is smashed into the wall, his head bleeding.

KHONSHU: Moon Knight, the Red Moon was for a purpose.

2/ Closer in on the exit of the alley. White Cat is walking in, looking up. Her creepy kitten face drawing showing.

KHONSHU: She weakened you. Anchored you down to emotion and left you a broken warrior.
KHONSHU: I know you remember her sometimes. My power is limited, since I give so much of it to you. But know that there was a reason. Know that I give my power to you for this very reason.

3/ Moon Knight’s eyes, wide.

MOON KNIGHT: S-She?

4/ Moon Knight looking up at Khonshu.

KHONSHU: Moon Knight. Our time has come. Our greatest test. Forget about everything else.

5/ Pan down so we can see White Cat literally jumping up to the rooftop in a single jump.

MOON KNIGHT: NO, WAIT, PLEASE! WHO IS SHE?!

Page 10

1/ Moon Knight looking down OP.

MOON KNIGHT: AHH!

2/ Moon Knight running back from the ledge. White Cat’s body hurled up and over him, just barely missing since he moved.

KHONSHU: Your reflexes, your strength, all enhanced by my power. By the moon.
KHONSHU: Use them well.
KHONSHU: I’ve given it all to you tonight, as much as I can.
KHONSHU: And I cannot resurrect you should you die.

3/ White Cat getting up from falling over and missing Moon Knight. As if she’s being controlled by invisible puppet strings.

WHITE CAT: Remember me?

4/ Profile view of Moon Knight, he’s taken out a crescent dart that’s obviously been used more than once, and he’s clearly kept it for the sake of recycling an arsenal.

MOON KNIGHT: No. Should I?

Page 11

1/ White Cat is leaping forward, slashing her hands down. Her fingernails have burst through the leather outfit, but they’re not human fingernails. They’re feline, and covered in blood.

Moon Knight is jumping to the left.

WHITE CAT: YESSSS!!

2/ Back view of Moon Knight, facing White Cat. White Cat is turned to see him.

MOON KNIGHT: Forgive me. I’ve got a lot going on.
WHITE CAT: So did I. Especially in the face area.

3/ Close up of White Cat. Her head is cricked to the left. The kitten face is basically mocking Moon Knight.

WHITE CAT: You made it pulp.
WHITE CAT: Have you ever tasted your nose in the back of your throat? Felt your teeth inside your eyes?

4/ Moon Knight lunging forward, trying to give her a right cross with his spiked knuckles. White Cat is ducking underneath by leaning her body to the left to an unnatural point.

SFX: CRKK
WHITE CAT: There goes my spine.

5/ Moon Knight looking down OP at White Cat. His eyes wide.

MOON KNIGHT: Holy--

6/ White Cat kicking her leg up into Moon Knight’s jaw, knocking him back.

SFX: WHAK
WHITE CAT: I am.

Page 12

1/ Side view of the two. Moon Knight is regaining his composure, White Cat is standing up straight. Khonshu is in the background, between the two. You get the sense that his presence there connects everyone in the image. As if this fight is his doing.

WHITE CAT: The avatar of Bastet.

2/ Moon Knight ducking under White Cat’s claws.

MOON KNIGHT: Bastet?!
WHITE CAT: Cat Goddess

3/ Close up on Moon Knight, White Cat grabs him by the throat, but not with her claws, so no blood.

WHITE CAT: Of Lower Egypt

4/ Side view of the two. White Cat is jamming her other hand’s claws into Moon Knight’s chest.

SFX: GHSKKTT
MOON KNIGHT: AGHH!!
WHITE CAT: The sun

5/ White Cat tossing Moon Knight a few feet back.

WHITE CAT: Oh
WHITE CAT: Best part

Page 13

1/Splash Page/ Underfoot view of White Cat standing. Above her is the Moon, which is black again, with white glowing eyes. Khonshu is off to the side. Moon Knight is at her feet. She’s looking down, and the Moon is hovering just above her head (almost like a biblical picture where saints would have light around their head).

WHITE CAT: THE MOON.
WHITE CAT: And today her vengeance begins.
WHITE CAT: Through me.

Page 14

1/ Close up of White Cat. A crescent dart is sticking out of her throat, she’s flailing and falling backward. Blood is spurting out.

SFX: GSHKT
WHITE CAT: GHH!!

2/ Close up on White Cat’s leg, Moon Knight is grabbing it.

MOON KNIGHT: Sorry to disappoint you kitty.

3/ Same view, but the bone is visibly snapping in two as Moon Knight crushes it.

SFX: CRKK
MOON KNIGHT: Tonight, Khonshu answers to ME.

4/ Khonshu smiling.

WHITE CAT(OP): GHAHKK!!

Page 15

1/ Overhead view of the roof. White Cat has fallen over, her hands around her throat. Blood draining out. Moon Knight is standing up, holding his chest with his hand and looking toward Khonshu.

NO DIALOGUE

2/ Closer up on Moon Knight and Khonshu.

MOON KNIGHT: Give me answers.
KHONSHU: Aren’t we the tough customer? Where did your loyalty go?

3/ Moon Knight’s eyes squinting.

MOON KNIGHT: ANSWERS, KHONSHU.
MOON KNIGHT: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

4/ Next to Khonshu stands a black figure, a shadow that is his height and size.

KHONSHU: What I had to, my priest.

Page 16

1/ The dark figure rips off the shadows, exposing a dark Cat creature wearing ancient Egyptian robes. They’re white, but stained with blood. It’s the kind of thing you’d see Cleopatra wear. As the shadow robes come off, the shadow over the moon slips away as well, symbolically showing us that the two are connected.

BASTET: Avatar of Khonshu.
BASTET: You die first.

2/ Khonshu looking over at Bastet, smirking. Bastet is glaring at him angrily while not directly facing him.

KHONSHU: I missed you, darling.
BASTET: I’m going to enjoy plucking those bony feathers off of your corpse.

3/ Moon Knight looking toward the two.

MOON KNIGHT: Who are you!?
KHONSHU: Bastet.
KHONSHU: My bride.

4/ Bastet’s eyes, glowing a radiant white. Her body is like shadow now.

BASTET: FORMER BRIDE.

5/ Close up on White Cat’s corpse. It’s twitching.

WHITE CAT: EIIIEEEEEEEEE

Page 17

1/ Moon Knight looking over. Khonshu looking at Bastet angrily.

KHONSHU: Resurrection!? But you put all your power into her!
BASTET: I always was stronger than you. But unfortunately I’m not all powerful.
BASTET: Eight more lives. Against your one.
MOON KNIGHT: KHONSHU, EXPLAIN THIS TO ME!
WHITE CAT(OP): AGGHHHH….

2/ White Cat getting up in the creepiest way possible, reaching for the crescent dart in her throat. More of her gloves are ripped open, white fur is visible under her claws.

WHITE CAT: Ahh….. ha… one down…

3/ Side view of the two. White Cat is rushing at Moon Knight. Khonshu and Bastet stand together in the background.

KHONSHU: Gods of our kind can’t touch without permission.
WHITE CAT: HSSSRAWRRR!!

4/ Moon Knight moving to the left, dodging a punch from White Cat that smashes a bit of the rooftop.

SFX: BOOSHKT
KHONSHU(OP): Unless of course we’re defenseless.

Page 18 And Page 19

1/ Double Page Spread/ A standoff pose of Moon Knight and White Cat. Khonshu and Bastet stand in the background.

KHONSHU: Our human forms, our AVATARS, have to die for that to happen, you see.
KHONSHU: That’s why I did what I had to. I had to sever your human attachments. I had to make you the perfect warrior once more. But don’t worry, once this is over, I’ll wipe your memory again. We can go about taking bloody vengeance in a state of ignorant bliss.
MOON KNIGHT: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!
BASTET: You’re a pawn in his twisted game, Moon Knight.
WHITE CAT: HSSSSS
MOON KNIGHT: KHONSHU! WHO IS THE WOMAN!?

Page 20

1/ Flashback to “The Red Moon”. Moon Knight is fighting a swarm of werewolves inside of his burning mansion.

MOON KNIGHT: GAHH!!

2/ A werewolf slashes him across the back, another on his arm.

SFX: CHRKK
SFX: CHKK
MOON KNIGHT: AGH!!

3/ Moon Knight slamming his fist into the werewolf’s face, smacking it down with his Moon powered strength.

SFX: WHAK

4/ Moon Knight walking toward the reader and out of his burning living room.

Page 21

1/ The exact same pose as panel 1 of last page, except Moon Knight is clawing at his own costume with his BARE HANDS. There’s a fire around him as well.

MOON KNIGHT: GAHH!!

2/ Moon Knight in the same pose as panel 2 from last page, tearing more of his costume off.

3/ Same pose as panel 3 from last page. Except now Moon Knight is slamming his fist through a wall.

SFX: BRSHKT

4/ Same pose as panel 4 of last page, except our view is lowered to see that there’s clearly a container of kerosene that’s been knocked over next to Moon Knight.

Page 22

1/ Moon Knight grabbing White Cat’s wrist after ducking under a swipe and bending it backwards.

WHITE CAT: MRAWRR!!!
CAPTION(Moon Knight): WHAT IS THIS!? WHAT ARE THESE MEMORIES?!

2/ Moon Knight tossing White Cat off the rooftop.

MOON KNIGHT: AGHHH!!!!!
WHITE CAT: RAWRRRR!!!

3/ Moon Knight looking back toward Khonshu and Bastet.

MOON KNIGHT: My—I had a home... a HOME.
KHONSHU: GRRR…

4/ Khonshu glaring at Bastet. Moon Knight is in the foreground, clenching his fists in anger.

KHONSHU: You WITCH…
BASTET: I’d have given her eleven lives, but giving your avatar his memories back is worth the effort.
BASTET: When you got that nasty habit of torturing everyone you knew, what did you think would happen, darling?
MOON KNIGHT: I remember my mansion… burning to the ground…
MOON KNIGHT: That still doesn’t answer my question. WHO WAS SHE?!

5/ Moon Knight looking down to see White Cat crawling up the wall using her claws. Her body has bulked up a bit. The kitten drawing has yet to be affected, but parts of her suit are starting to tear, and white fur is clearly peeking out.

WHITE CAT: BIG FALL
WHITE CAT: SEVEN LIVES!!

Page 23

1/ Splash Page / Moon Knight jumping off the rooftop and using his cape to catch some of the wind. White Cat is looking back and snarling, swiping the air after him.

WHITE CAT: HAHAHAHA
WHITE CAT: GOING SOMEWHERE?
MOON KNIGHT: Follow me and FIND OUT!
CAPTION(Moon Knight): Fine, you sick monster. I’ll play your game.
CAPTION(Moon Knight): I’ll kill White Cat. And then I’ll make sure to get you OUT OF MY HEAD once and for all.
CAPTION(Moon Knight): And I WILL find out who she is.

--

TO BE CONTINUED: Moon Knight: Shadowmoon - #2 (Script)

--

I OWN NO CHARACTERS USED HERE ASIDE FROM BASTET AND WHITE CAT

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

O_O Oh my gawd I just can't.....GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

@primepower53 said:

O_O Oh my gawd I just can't.....GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

Fanboying is much appreciated.