Mashed Up Origin: The Defenders

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Welcome another Mashed Up Origins! This is an ongoing experiment of mine that I was going to make into a group, but with the chaos that a group can bring I decided to go it alone. It’s a bit longer than usual and basically a quick intro origin, mainly just something to make you go (hopefully) “I’d like to see more of that!” Have a read, drop a comment. Rated MA

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/mashed-up-origin-fantastic-four/669169/#23

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/mashed-up-origin-juggernaut/673025/#11

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/mashed-up-origin-winter-soldier/668997/#23

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/mashed-up-origin-thor/669004/#18

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/mashed-up-origin-ms-marvel/674174/#9

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/mashed-up-origin-ghost-rider/674739/#21

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/mashed-up-origin-nova/675040/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/mashed-up-origin-power-man/674946/

(Note: This links my Juggernaut & slightly my Ms Marvel...slowly bringing a universe together)

1953 Seoul, South Korea

“You are dismissed…brother” Cain Marko let a brief smile across his lips as he fired off a salute at his step-brother.

“Yes sir!” replied Private First Class Charles Xavier returning the salute.

Marko lit up a cigarette “So what you going to do now that the war’s over Charlie?”

“I’m going back to school” Charles straightened his hat “What about you?”

Cain shrugged and exhaled a cloud of smoke “I’m staying in the army. Being transferred to a joint task force with the Canadian’s. Weapon or Department something, sounds like something from a comic book”

Charles looked at his step-brother and shook his hand “Take care…brother”

1960 Princeton University

“Xavier, Charles” read the Dean as Charles stepped up and received his PhD in psychology.

“Well done m’boy” said the Dean quietly to him “I don’t know how you do it. How many degrees do you have on the go?”

“Now only two” said Charles “Genetics and biophysics to go”

The Dean laughed and shook Charles hand “You must be psychic! Congratulations Professor Xavier”

1970 Haifa, Israel

“So you think it is wrong to have a dream?” said Charles to his co-worker Erik Lehnsherr.

“It is better to have a goal than a dream” stated Erik “A dream is too idealistic”

“Goals and dreams can be the same thing”

“You can’t win a war by dreaming Charles”

“Who said we’re at war Erik?”

“Wake up Charles!” snapped Erik “We’re the next step in evolution; homo superior. There are more like us appearing all the time, spending your time dreaming won’t get the job done!”

“Do you honestly believe your own rhetoric?”

The pair looked at each other for a long time “I could make you agree with me Erik” said Charles putting his fingers suggestively to his temple

“And I could ram that steel girder through your spine and paralyse you” warned Erik “We are just opposite sides of the same coin Charles. You, with your hippy philosophy…”

Charles smiled and glanced at his watch “And you with your win at all cost mentality. Once again it’s the wee small hours. Shall we resume again tomorrow?”

“Admitting defeat are we?”

“Just thinking that Gabrielle will beat me if I don’t send you home before the sun comes up”

Erik did an over exaggerated bow “On the morrow Professor X”

1980 Empire State Building Observation Deck

“You’ve started a school for mutants?” laughed Erik as he looked out across the sprawling city.

“Since you’ve decided to run around calling yourself ‘The Master of Magnetism’ I thought a school was appropriate to teach tolerance, co-existence and peaceful affirmation of mutant rights”

“You’re an idiot Charles! We are the future; not them! They’ll turn on you like rabid dogs”

“Not all humans…”

“ENOUGH!” roared Magneto “I did not come here for a lecture on your dream”

Charles looked at him “You’re up to something”

“Get out of my head Charles” warned Erik

Charles looked at his friend “I can tell by your demeanour, tone and body language Erik; I don’t need to be psychic”

The pair locked eyes, neither dropping until they each had to blink.

“I don’t want to fight you Erik” said Charles “But I will if I have to”

Erik waved his hands and floated into the air “This was a mistake”

1983 Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters,Westchester County, New York

Charles Xavier looked at his old army buddy from a lifetime ago, standing in the entirety of the doorway. Using his vast telepathic powers he called to his students to stand down.

“What can I do to help Frank?” Charles smiled

1986 Cape Citadel

Charles Xavier stood over his friend, now calling himself Magneto. Surrounding him and his six compatriots were nearly one hundred soldiers pointing firearms at them.

“I told you I didn’t want to fight you Erik” panted Charles, his fists clenched into tight balls.

“But you did!” snarled Magneto, pinned to the ground via Charles telekinesis and paralysed by his telepathy “And look how pleased they are at your help. They’ll kill us all Charles!”

“What do we do now Professor?” asked Alex Summers, his hands brimming with plasma energy. By his side was his brother Scott, his hand near his temple ready to fire off another optic blast. Bobby Drake had Magneto’s children; Wanda & Pietro, safely wrapped up in ice cages under the watchful eye of Frank Castle. Jean Gray and Ororo Munroe looked at the assembled soldiers. Seconds seemed to take hours as the tense situation teetered on the brink of all out chaos.

“Defend yourselves, but do NOT attack” cautioned Charles to his team.

“STAND DOWN!” The soldiers lowered their weapons as a man with an eye patch walked through the soldiers accompanied by a bald man dressed in white with a nasty X scar on his head. “We’ll take it from here”

Charles turned to the man “Magneto is…”

“Now our prisoner” said the X man, clamping plastic cable ties and ceramic cuffs on the paralysed villain.

The other, extended a hand to Charles “General Nick Fury, pleasure to meet you Professor Xavier. But Magneto has attacked a US military site and now subject to military justice”

“We got a problem Charlie?” asked Frank.

Charles looked at the General “I don’t believe so Frank” He took Nick’s hand.

“Tell your ‘Defenders’ to chill and we’ll have a chat” said Nick as he watched his X man haul Magneto to his feet and to opaque truck.

"Defenders..." Charles mused over the title.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#2  Edited By TheCannon

Nice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Cool

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CapFanboy

@batkevin74: Sweet! The shared universe thing is awesome, any spoilers on who is next?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By BatteredArmor

X-men and the The Defenders eh, well Iron Man did say that The Avengers avenge the X-men defend and the Fantastic Four explore so this is a really nice mash up idea, another great story.

Also does lmfao at “And I could ram that steel girder through your spine and paralyse you” make me a terrible person?

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#6  Edited By GR2Blackout

EPIC :D

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@TheCannon: Thank you

@primepower53: Thanks

@BlackArmor: I like the X-Men but having them called the Defenders makes sense; they defend mutants, they defend Charles' dream etc. And no you're not a bad person for laughing at the idea of Magneto paralysing Charles :)

@GR2Blackout: Thanks

Avatar image for darth_brendroid
darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By darth_brendroid

I like the idea of flashses of Erik and Charles' history; it's almost like a montage. Also liking the final touch of Fury dismissing Xavier and his team as 'defenders' and Xavier giving the name a bit of thought.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@darth_brendroid: Well 'Strong Guy' from X-Factor got his name when a reporter went "And you're the team strong guy right?" and The Exiles got their name in a similar way. Things often get named off the cuff and it sticks :) And yeah Charles & Erik in my universe have a history, makes them interesting but I was never a big fan of wheelchair Charlie; he's a powerful psychic he could telekinetically make himself walk!

Avatar image for darth_brendroid
darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By darth_brendroid

Haha, true. It's a nice touch regardless.

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By csguterres

Excellent story! I'm glad you included Alex Summers, he is one of my favorites. It's a shame he is so underrated!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By batkevin74

@csguterres: Alex (Havok) has always been a favourite of mine and often just written as the whingey little brother trying to prove himself. At least here in my fictional universe he'll get a bit of respect

@darth_brendroid: Yeah, shades and echoes of the original universe here in mine

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

So you're X-Men are Havok, Cyclops, Juggernaut, Iceman, Marvel Girl and Storm....interesting team, considering Juggernaut is Frank Castle, Charles Xavier can walk and they're called the Defenders!! I would like to see how your Wolverine (aka Ghost Rider) fits in with all this also. Good job and I concur with @darth_brendroid "I like the idea of flashes of Erik and Charles' history" even though this IS different history. Good job

Rusty_Irons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rusty_Irons

awesome work bats.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batkevin74

@4donkeyjohnson: Yeah that's my initial line up. I've always liked Havok and having him and Scott working TOGETHER (as opposed to just being on the same team) should make them formidable. As for Wolverine, I don't think he is/was with the X-Men very long when his predicament happened

@tmacximas: Thank you very much, glad you liked it

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#17  Edited By wildvine

Dude, you are like, a really good writer.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By batkevin74

@wildvine said:

Dude, you are like, a really good writer.

Thanks! I try my bestus to keep myself and everyobe else entertained :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Just re read it. Still awesome.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CapFanboy

Bump.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By batkevin74

@primepower53: Thank you

@CapFanboy: And yes, thanks for bumping

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CapFanboy

@batkevin74 said:

@CapFanboy: And yes, thanks for bumping

You have no need to say thanks, it is my job. Wherever a thread worthy enough requires bumping, I shall be there. You may call me: THE BUMPER

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By batkevin74

Ahh ancient history :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#25  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74 said:

@darth_brendroid: Well 'Strong Guy' from X-Factor got his name when a reporter went "And you're the team strong guy right?" and The Exiles got their name in a similar way. Things often get named off the cuff and it sticks :) And yeah Charles & Erik in my universe have a history, makes them interesting but I was never a big fan of wheelchair Charlie; he's a powerful psychic he could telekinetically make himself walk!

I like the name, and I like that the X-Men are still basically the same- their powers are part of them after all. So it makes sense that the team name would be the change here. Who was the guy with the X-scar? Couldn't place him.

As for Charles being telekinetic, when have they ever shown that? Telepathy is the extent of his powers, as far as I've ever seen. It would make sense that in a telepath of his stature, any mental powers would be unlocked in his brain, but that would make him uber powerful- telepathy, telekinesis, possible pyrokinesis, clairvoyance, precognition, etc.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Yeah Charles doesn't have tk in the normal universe, which I found silly. Jean can, Cable can, Stryfe can, Psylocke can but Charles can't. So a minor tweaking, maybe for bigger and better things :)

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Defenders are the X-Men, and your roster is Professor X (mobile), Punish-naut, Cyclops, Havok, Jean Grey, Storm, and Iceman. Nice balanced roster, love everything about it!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers