Marvel Iron Age: The X-Faction Part 1

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74  Online

With massive thanks to for letting me use his stuff. This initially takes place at around http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-distain-part-3/650903/#2 which I can highly recommend reading...go on, I dare you. This is a little longer than normal because I reworked most everything that AweSam had done initially but tweaked, twisted and polished his initial creation. It's rate M-MA because there's some violence. Enjoy

Holo-diary entry: My name is Cam Evans and I’m a mutant. I live…lived in Big Bear Lake, Mexifornia. My parents knew I was special, and not just in that way that all parents think their kids are special. I could harness, channel, project and use electricity which came in handy since we lived in the forest away from cities in a shanty town. Asides from food our main problems were random Krang attacks who themselves were looking for food, Iron Army sweeps and raids by the Goblins.

Last year was starked! It was spring and I was down by the Lake when I saw them coming over the tree line; a hundred or so Iron Soldiers. I screamed at the top of my lungs to warn the camp but it was too little too late. They were on us, repulsor blasts ripping into my friends and my home! I fired a blast that caught two in a shocking field which shorted them out but attracted, seemingly the rest of them, to come after me.

I ran heading towards home, ducking and dodging blasts. I saw my dad standing out the front of our shack, cigarette dangling from his lips. He smiled and waved me past him.

“Look after your mother” he said “And don’t smoke”

It was the last things he every said before he ripped out of his skin and turn into a giant Tyrannosaurus Rex and began snapping away at the invading force. I’d only ever seen my dad turn into his other form once before and that was too save me from a pair of Krangs that had chased me up a tree.

I grabbed my mom and we made a run for it. Blasts hit all around us. I thought we were making a great escape when I looked back at saw I was just holding my mom’s hand! The rest of her was lying several yards behind me, smouldering!

I turned and screamed sending massive amounts of voltage into the air! The rest is a haze but I got out thanks to Alyssa Taylor, she lived several shacks away.

“Hey!”

End holo-diary

Cam looked up from his screen at Alyssa, who was standing over him. “Are you finished dictating your memoirs?” she said sarcastically

“What have you seen?” Cam asked

“A small army outpost about five miles away. Six soldiers” she said pointing into the distance “Anything in that journal about me?”

“No!” Cam said slapping the device shut.

“Liar!” she laughed “I’ll go wake Tank”

Cam watched as she walked over to a large man, snoring like a chainsaw and tapped him with her boot. He grumbled and slowly stirred to life.

“Any ideas on what we’re going to call ourselves?” asked Drake who emerged from the darkness beside Cam “Because I’m tired of these guys calling us just terrorists and upstarts?”

“Upstarts?” pondered Cam “Nah! My dad use to tell me stories about a group of mutants from a million years ago called X-Factor”

“Wasn’t that a TV show?” asked Drake

“No idea Drake” said Cam sparking lightning off his fingers “But the X has a ring to it”

“Well whatever we call ourselves we better get a move on, looks like rain”

The wind picked up as the dark clouds covered the sky. The air became damp and soggy. Cam stood, staring at the long road, his brown hair blew with the harsh winds as the rain pelted on his grey jacket; Tank, Drake and Alyssa beside him.

“Good call on the rain Drake” Alyssa said “Just wish it’d stop” She flipped her wet raven-black hair.

“Hey I’m a ghost not a weather man” said Drake with a winning smile.

“Tank hates the rain” said Tank looking up to the heavens

“Yeah but we gotta keep moving” said Cam “If they find us they’ll kill us, after all we’ve been a thorn in their side for nine months now”

Alyssa put her hands to her eyes and squinted “I can see a…well its looks to be, deserted place up ahead behind some trees. About three miles on a guess”

“Tank’s on point” said Tank taking the lead as the quartet headed towards shelter.

They sat around a fire they’d built inside the house. Tank stood near the door looking out the broken window, pulse rifle at hand watching for trouble

“So what’s the plan?” Drake asked prodding the fire

“We’ll rest up for now. When the storm’s over, we’ll scout out another Ferrum research site or Iron Army outpost and level it”

“So hit and run” said Alyssa “Like normal”

“Tank like hit and run!” said Tank “Tank hits, they run!”

The group chuckled, Tank’s third person talking often did.

“Look if you’re up for it we’ll head to Chicago and take down the Supreme Commander head on” Cam said

“I didn’t mean that” said Alyssa “I just seems like we’re not…for every place we wreck there’s always more”

“There will always be more” said Drake grabbing a sleeping bag “Wake me if they come. Night!”

Cam and Alyssa watched Drake wander off to bed.

“So?” said Alyssa suggestively

“You better go to sleep too, you’re on watch after me” said Cam

“I…well…” Alyssa headed off to bed, as Cam headed to the window next to Tank.

“Drake’s right” said Cam “There will always be more”

“Tank’s momma told Tank a story” said Tank “Tank’s momma said an old lady lived in a house five blocks from the beach. Woman wanted a water view. Each day woman went to the beach and did a piddle in the sea to fill the ocean up, to flood the land, make her house a water front”

“Did it work?”

“Tank’s telling a story!” snapped Tank “Course it didn’t work! But as she said when fool people asked her what she was doing ‘Every little bit helps!’”

Cam smiled “Thanks Tank”

“Tank says get some sleep”

They woke as the sun rose and hit the road “See anything?” asked Cam adjusting his pack.

“I’m not just a pair of binoculars!” snapped Alyssa “I can do other things y’know”

“Tank don’t care!” said Tank taking point again “Tank just need to know where to go”

Alyssa scanned the horizon, her eyes spinning and focusing like a gun sight “East-ish. Just over the horizon. By the look of it it’s a Ferrum site, kinda busy too”

“Well come on X-Faction! Let’s go kick some Ferrum butt!” cheered Drake

“What?” said Cam stopping in his tracks.

“What’s an X-Faction?” asked Alyssa

“Tank don’t know what you talking about!” stated Tank bluntly

“Like your story Cam” said Drake “X-Faction! Kicking butt X-Faction!”

“X-Factor” said Cam “You got it wrong”

“Tank likes it! Tank is in X-Faction”

The trio looked at the huge, bald, muscular African American who once tore the finger off an Iron Sentinel and threw it through its head.

“X-Faction it is!” said Cam

Holo-diary entry: Alyssa and I teamed up because, well we had nobody else. We hit the road and ran. We’ve kinda become a couple without ever really being a couple, it’s complicated!

We wandered through the wastes avoiding Krangs and goblins and soldiers, scavenging for survival. That’s where we found Tank. For a hulking giant of a man he is petrified of spiders. Alyssa found him pinned in a cave, crying like a girl when a spider had dangled down in front of him. He’d been in there for a week, trapped by the harmless daddy longlegs. He’s been with us ever since, like a third person talking attack dog. He’s a valuable asset because he’s strong and resistant to damage but he isn’t the smartest

“Tank hopes you not be talking about Tank in your diary” snapped Tank

End holo-diary entry

“Tank’ll break your spine if you do” an odd smile rippled across his lips. Cam gulped and closed his device.

X-Faction arrived at the Ferrum site, the sign at the front told them exactly where they were “Ferrum Cannon Tech: Cactus Texas”

“So what have we got Alyssa?” asked Cam

“I need a code name” said Alyssa thoughtfully

“Really? Right now you need a code name?” said Drake

“Yes Drake I do! You’re Ghost, Cam is Shocker, and Tank is well Tank”

“Tank thinks Alyssa has a point”

“So what do you want to be called? Eye-Spy? Gazer? Peepers?” said Drake

“Zephyr”

“You want to be a hot air balloon?” said Drake

Tank clipped Drake over the back of the head “Tank thinks Zephyr is pretty, means light wind”

“Okay Zephyr” said Cam “What can you see?”

They talked out their plan as Tank kept a watch. And no sooner had they worked out the plan when Zephyr pointed into the sky

“Tac-Sphere!” Alyssa yelled

“I’ll take the sphere, Tank get the fence. Hard and fast” said Cam as he charged up a ball of lightning in his hands “GO!” Cam threw the ball at the sphere, getting its attention

Tank fired three shot from his pulse rifle towards the guard tower and barrelled down the embankment towards the fence like a one man wrecking ball.

Drake phased into intangibility and flew towards the building as Alyssa simply just watched, her eyes taking in the entire scene.

The tac-sphere exploded and Cam turned to Alyssa “What’s happening Aly…sorry Zephyr”

“I can see thirty six people including us” the guard tower exploded as Tank ran through it “Thirty five people. There are nine soldiers on site, the rest lab rat personnel. There’s a lower level that I can’t ‘see’ into due to a lead lining so it’s either radioactive, important or old”

Guys! Ghost’s voice echoed in their heads from his telepathy. Their running scared, few soldiers heading your way but they hit the alarm so this place could light up like kwanza.

Four soldiers flew out of the windows of the upper floors heading towards Tank who was happily throwing chunks of masonry into the building. At his strength they were hitting like bombs. The soldiers concentrated on him.

“Better give him a hand” said Cam, drawing a sword from off his back.

“Go get’em Shocker” said Alyssa as she planted a kiss on his lips.

Tank hurled another brick that went straight through the soldiers visor and crushed his face “Tank got plenty more bricks for you!” he laughed at the other soldiers

Suddenly Tank hit the ground like he’d been swatted by a giant hand. Shocker and Zephyr looked on in shock and horror at their toughest member being taken out. They turned to see two shiny black clad soldiers hovering nearby.

“Oh stark!” exclaimed Zephyr

“Hunters!” echoed Shocker

Shocker! Alyssa! Tank! Ghost’s voice rang in their heads. There’s a hunter on my tail, I’m in big trouble!

“So what do we have here?” asked the first Hunter looking at Shocker and Zephyr.

“What did you do to Tank?” screamed Zephyr

“Gravity cannon” laughed the other Hunter “Have a taste!” He turned his hand and fired at her and Zephyr slammed into the ground “Cactus runs upgrades for the Hunter Divisions and lucky for us you idiots decided to stop in”

“Let her go!” yelled Shocker firing a lightning blast at them. Their armour sparked but was insulated for energy attacks.

The first Hunter shot a blast of chlorine gas at Shocker, causing him to gag and collapse “Shut up you mutie rat! In the name of the Supreme Commander you have been sentenced to death. Hey!” The hunter yelled at the three normal Iron soldiers “Watch and learn grunts”

“Aahhhhhh!” Ghost screamed as he flew out a window, doing barrel rolls to avoid the blasts of the Hunter on his tail. The shots missed but collected the hunter pointing the chlorine ejector at Shocker sending him reeling.

“Watch it Mathers!” he yelled

“He’s a phaser sir!” replied the hunter as he streaked after Ghost

“Tanks gonna kill you all!” roared the giant man as fought the gravity and hurled a brick at his attacker, denting his chest plate. Tank hurled a barrage of bricks at the chlorine hunter “Tank’s gonna kill you!”

The Hunter turned his attention to Tank as Ghost had doubled back and flown through him causing the other Hunter to slam-tackle them both into the building. The soldiers who had happily been watching the show sprang back into action. Shocker shot out several lightning bolts from his hands frying the remaining soldiers.

“You okay?” asked Ghost

“Peachy!” coughed Cam, blood trickling from his mouth

Tank leapt into the air and smashed the other hunter to the ground and landed on him “Tank said Tank’s gonna kill you!” And he rained down blow after blow until the metal armour was flat and the contents paste.

Zephyr gingerly put a hand on Tank’s back “It’s okay Tank. Ssh. It’s okay”

“Tank don’t like people touching his friends!”

“We…should…go” wheezed Cam.

“Not yet” said Alyssa as she scanned the building and spotted a small piece of wall “Tank, I need you to hit the building right there”

“Tank gonna smash?”

“Oh yeah Tank smash”

Tank leapt at the spot and it brought the whole place down due to Alyssa pinpointing the building weak spot.

“There could be stuff on the lower level” said Ghost as he landed

“Forget it. Cam is injured, if more hunters show up were done for, we go”

“Tank says not yet”

Drake and Alyssa looked at each other as Tank dipped his hands into the blood pool of the smashed hunter and scrawled on the small piece of wall still standing.

X-FACTION WAS HERE!

“Tank says we can go now!”

X-Faction made camp under a large tree several miles from Cactus. Tank had climbed to the top of the tree and taken a lookout role as Alyssa and Drake tended to the wounded Cam.

“I’m fine” wheezed Cam, blood flecks flying as he talked.

“You took a hit from some kind of gas and you’re NOT FINE!” said Alyssa, her voice firm but her face and eyes betraying her feelings.

Drake flipped through an old medical journal “If you had a boil, this book is the stark! But for unknown gas inhalation…rest”

“I’ll be fine, just let me sleep” Cam’s eyes fluttered

“Hey!” Alyssa slapped him across the face “Don’t you die on me!”

“I’m just tired” he coughed

Alyssa pressed her lips to his forehead gently “Okay”

Alyssa stood up and walked off, Drake joining her “He’s not good”

“What do we do?” asked Drake

“I don’t know…I got no idea. He needs proper medical attention or a healer”

“Tank can see a man!” came the voice from the tree top “Tank don’t like the look of him!”

“Why?”

“Tank can see him flying this way!”

Alyssa scrambled up the tree and had a look. Her eyes focused in on a man; he wore a grey uniform, almost like a prison uniform. He had black tattered hair, plain white eyes and an odd reddish face, looking slightly burnt. An aura of white-orange surrounded his body as he flew towards them.

“What the hell is he?” asked Alyssa

“Tank’s got no idea, but Tank don’t like it”

“Drake! We’ve got incoming!” yelled Alyssa jumping down from the tree

“Tank can’t see him!” roared Tank

“What?” screeched Alyssa scanning around

“Tank’s telling you the man’s gone fool!”

“What the stark is going on?” yelled Drake.

“GREETINGS CHILDREN OF THE ATOM!” came a deep booming voice from next to where Cam lay “I AM EXODUS!”

Tank landed on the ground between Exodus and his two friends, Cam lay obliviously sleeping.

“YOU WILL SERVE WELL IN MY MASTERS ARMY” said Exodus “YES…YES MASTER, I UNDERSTAND”

“Tank says you best get away from my friend fool!”

“I AM NO FOOL!” Exodus snarled throwing Tank telekinetically away “I SERVE MY MASTER, YOUR MASTER! HE IS RETURNING. HE WHISPERS TO ME!”

“This guy is a nutcage” whispered Drake to Alyssa

“That nutcage just threw our most powerful member away with nothing more than a flex of his eyebrow” whispered Alyssa “We are in deep s…”

“WHO ARE YOU?” roared Exodus as he stepped forward “WHAT GIFTS DO YOU HAVE THAT WILL SERVE OUR MASTER…” Exodus trailed off and looked into the air.

“Umm what do you want?” asked Drake nervously

“BE NOT AFRAID CHILDREN OF THE ATOM. I AM EXODUS. I AM THE HERALD”

“Oh-kay” said Alyssa glancing to Drake

“…YES MASTER” Exodus bowed his head

“Are you okay?” asked Drake

“YES DRAKE SULLIVAN, I AM!” Exodus locked eyes with Drake and telepathically scanned through his mind “YOU CAN ALTER YOUR DENSITY TO INTANGIBILITY, FLIGHT, TELEPATHY…YES MASTER, I SEE THAT TOO”

“Get out of my head!” snarled Drake clutching his temples

“AND YOU ALYSSA HERMANN” Exodus turned to her as she screamed “THE POWER OF SIGHT! CANNON FODDER IN THE ARMY OF OUR MASTER BUT YOU MAY BE OF USE!”

Exodus! Thought Drake You need to stop this! You’re hurting my friends…me

“CHILDREN DARE TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO!” screamed Exodus slamming Drake with a telepathic barrage that sent him to the ground “FIRST GENETIC FILTH PLACING ME IN CHAINS, THEN STANE AND NOW CHILDREN!...YES MASTER, THEY ARE WEAK!”

“Get away from my friends!” said Cam as he grabbed Exodus by the back of the head and unleashed a mighty dose of voltage into the mad mutants head. Exodus convulsed and Cam held on for the ride “I have no idea who you are but don’t you EVER touch my girlfriend and my best friend”

Exodus screamed and leapt backward slamming them both into the tree. Cam released him and collapsed on the ground. Exodus turned to Cam, fists raised.

“I WILL REWRITE YOU TO SERVE THE MASTER!” screamed Exodus “YOU WILL…” Exodus turned at the tap on his shoulder to see Tank standing behind, his face etched with rage

“Tanks don’t like being manhandled!” Tank grabbed Exodus by the scruff of the neck and slammed his face into the tree “Tank wonders how YOU LIKE IT FOOL!” Tank grabbed Exodus by the leg and proceeded to swing and smash the crazy mutant into the tree and the ground like he was beating a rug. Exodus tried to speak but Tank smashed his fist into his mouth.

“Tank don’t want to hear your ranting fool!” Tank lifted Exodus up and grabbed a good handful of hair “Tank thinks it’s time you left!” Tank began to spin Exodus around in a circle, slowly gaining speed before he launched the mutant into the air like a missile.

Cam, Alyssa and Drake all looked aghast at the Tank.

“Tank thinks he went that way. Tank says we go the other way!”

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

I'm glad to see Exodus finally brought back in

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By batkevin74  Online

@joshmightbe: In context it happens a few days after his fight with Distain. I'm going to write one more chapter on The X-Faction and then I'm going to kick it to to write a small arc and then he's going to kick it to someone else, just like a real comic book that has changing creative teams. A little experiment.

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Tank talks like Mr T :) Nice work...haven't read the orig stuff but this is good!

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By AweSam

How many stories are you writing now? Good job, btw.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batkevin74  Online

@tomdickharry1984: Yeah he was the inspiration for my version of Tank

@AweSam: I am writing lots :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74  Online

Here's my X-Faction bit...you probably read this, you'd of had to, to make your comment, but here it is again

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 batkevin74  Online
No Caption Provided

Avengers came out in 2012, I wrote this in 2012. I don't know whether I stole the Hulk V Loki from them, or they stole it from....well they probably wrote it way before 2012, so I "homaged" Tank V Exodus :)

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was in high school when my first Iron Age story was written.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 batkevin74  Online