Marvel Iron Age: The Thanos Sanction part 11

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-the-thanos-sanction-part-10/691029/#2(continued from here)

Doomstadt

All hell had broken loose on the battle field. Iron soldiers fired wildly into the crowd as the Stalkers, Creeds and Insect soldiers tore through everything. The Shield agents and New Latverian soldiers struggled simply to survive the Carnage. Stryfe used Sam as a human battering ram telepathically forcing him to plow through any enemies that approached.

Hala 4000BC

The young Traveler took the gem from Samantha,"Oh, these things. These damned rocks are nothing but trouble."

He looked over to see Samantha nervously pacing,"Its Thanos isn't it?"

She nods as he continued, "Its actually fairly simple to use the stone, most of the time people over think it and end up forcing it so they never really know the full power."

He takes the gem and puts it in her hand, "Let the gem do the thinking for you, they're actually all sentient. People look and they just see a shiny rock so they try to force it to their will but if you actually allow it to guide you, you don't need to learn how to use it. Don't be its master, be its host and then show that prune faced monstrosity what these things can really do."

Samantha looks down and notices the gem is now stuck to her palm. She can feel the gem in her mind, "Holy crap, its actually communicating with me. I gotta go."

Nowhere

Doom stands in a large circle with arcane symbols glowing with green flame, "Does this meet your standard, Traveler?"

The Traveler looks it over, "Yup you got it."

He then looks at Doom with a bit of guilt, "You know what this will cost you? The whole thing relies on your absolute certainty."

Doom glares back, "I am certain."

Doomstadt

Jason, along with Bill and Warstar charge through the Iron soldiers to get to Ares as Thanos reenters the battle. He looks on at the chaos and grins. He swats away all in his path marching toward Stryfe. The Supreme Commander drops everything and throws all his telekenetic force against the Mad Titan hoping to stop him. Thanos laughs, "Petty little ape, do you honestly believe you can do anything?"

Stryfe's rage over takes him and he hurls everything he sees at the Titan. Thanos waves his hand obliterating all of it with a thought. He then reaches Stryfe and swats him down, "Your world is going to die now."

Suddenly it seems as if the world turns on its side and Thanos slams hard on the ground. He spits out a tooth and attempts to stand but just as suddenly he is slammed down on the other side. He bolts up with blood streaming down his face to see Samantha holding out her hand with the space gem embedded into it.

The chaos comes to an abrupt stop as the combatants look on the girl. Jason shouts,"What the hell did you just do?"

She looks just as surprised as the rest, "I think I just hit him with the Earth, well I didn't the Gem did."

Warstar looks at her with a stunned expression,"What?!"

She shrugs as Thanos makes it to his feet, "Very clever monkey, now give me that stone before you hurt yourself."

As he finishes his sentence he finds himself back on the ground again. He roars in rage as he leaps to his feet and orders his army to attack her. They are all blown away from her with the power of the gem. Just as she began to feel confident the gem was ripped from her hand and flew toward Stryfe, "If that girl can hurt you I can kill you."

Suddenly the field lights up with green fire as a massive circle filled with arcane symbols appears. An armored hand reaches out and snatches the gem from the air. Doom stands at the center of the circle glaring at Stryfe. The Traveler runs over to Ares and orders him, "Get your soldiers the hell off this field, fast."

He stands curious but then shouts, "Fall Back!"

Stryfe catches the war god as he attempts to escape.The Traveler chuckles,"You really don't have your head in the game today. Look who your holding and I want you to think about why that's a problem."

A look of realization comes to Stryfe as the Traveler continues,"I'd say you have somewhere between 10 minutes and 3 hours before the bifrost cannon goes boom and a whole lot of pissed off Asgardians rain down you like a biblical plague so you can either try to stop that or keep doing what you're doing."

Stryfe sends a telepathic order to the Iron soldiers and flys off to Warforce One.

Thanos orders Doom,"Give me the Gem."

Doom looks back defiantly, "Come and take it."

Thanos now fully enraged charged toward Doom and swung his fist with all his strength but to the astonishment of all present Doom caught his fist. Thanos looked down on him surprised. then Doom punched him. It sounded like Thunder as he connected. Thanos struck back but Doom stood his ground. Thanos attempted to use the power of the gems but the circle cut him off from it. Doom struck him with another thunderous punch. Thanos spat out another tooth and grinned hearing Doom wheeze under his mask.

He looked down on him, "This new found power seems to be wearing on you."

The Titan then slammed Doom to the ground with his fist then picked him up and driving his fist into Doom's gut shattering his armor. Thanos then stepped forward directly into the center of the mystic circle and Doom began to laugh. Thanos glared, "Why do you laugh?"

Doom then looked into his eyes," Have you ever heard Appolyon's roar?"

Doom then spat blood onto the symbol in the center causing a burst of energy. Thanos roared in agony as Doom manically laughed. The Infinity Gauntlet shattered like glass shooting the gems off in different directions and Thanos and Doom were ripped apart by the mystical energy.

The Traveler dropped to the ground as Warstar stepped up beside him, "What just happened?"

The Traveler looked up to him, "Dr. Doom just sacrificed himself to save us. How screwed up is that?"

Warstar looked stunned, "Did he..."

The Traveler cut him off, "Yea he knew exactly what he was doing. Said it was the only death that truly befit him. Smug bastard right up to the end."

The Insect soldiers fell to their knees in horror having watched their master who they'd served with religious devotion destroyed. The Creeds stopped attacking, Thanos had freed them from Sinister's control and now for the first time they were all free and had no idea what to do.

The Iron soldiers were gone, Thanos' ships had been destroyed stranding his army. Ares looked over the defeated enemies as The Traveler approached,"Are we going to kill them?"

The Traveler shook his head, "I got a guy working on it already, don't worry about it."

The Traveler then picks up a comm and talks into it, "Hey 7 you at the Lab?"

7's confused voice comes through, "Umm, yea, why?"

The Traveler replied, "There should be a big blue button on your left with a slide thing next to it, I need you to put a drop of your blood on the slide and push the button."

7 called back,"Okay"

A few minutes later the Insects had been huddled together with the Creeds and there was a flash of light that took them all to the Savage land.

Savage land

7 noticed the date on the monitor and looked at Mo-Zar, "He sent me back in time a month!" *(Read 7 Savage for more on this)

Doomstadt Command Center Medi-Unit

The Traveler walks to Carol Davers' bed side and hands her an envelope with Doom's seal on it, "What's this?"

The Traveler answers, "Doom's final orders, congratulations you're the queen of New Latveria."

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

finished it and gave some set up for future stories

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: Queen Carol? Interesting, very interesting. I might do an epilogue to tie it all up, and maybe give the the Iron Age a rest from grand invasions since its had two: Project Wide-Awake and now the Thanos Sanction recently. But good stuff

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

bump

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Time_Phantom

In one word... EPIC!!! This has been exciting from the very beginning and the aftermath of this leaves so many new openings for stories. AND if anyone new to the Iron Age is just getting in on this this is a good starting point to jump on! The whole dynamic has just shifted (Stryfe is in trouble) great job guys!

You guys had me going with Carol being pregnant. Holland isn't dead is he? Carol being queen is awesome. Doom sacrificing himself didn't seem forced it fit with what was going on. Great stuff. I also agree we should give the BIG @$$ invasions a break. I don't think the Earth can take another one.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@Time_Phantom: Thanks, I was a bit worried I tanked this one so I'm glad you liked it

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom: @joshmightbe: Just writing the Thanos Sanction: Aftermath to tie it up and yes, give the world a minor break from mega-epic stuff.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped