Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

Marvel Iron Age: S.H.I.E.L.D

Wide Awake Part. 1

Continued several weeks after the events in Iron Age: War Machine

Doomstadt,

S.H.I.E.L.D Head Quarters:

Since the attack on Valeria base, New Latveria has tightened security on the border and has begun a campaign of raids on suspected Iron army spies, creating a fearful and paranoid populous. Victor Von Doom has ordered S.H.I.E.L.D to monitor the citizenry and bolster security forces on the New Latverian borders. This action has put the countries affiliated with the Iron Army on edge, with Iron soldiers also increasing forces on their borders.

The man in charge of making sure this situation doesn’t turn into full scale war is General Adam Carter; Director of the New Latverian branch of S.H.I.E.L.D. He sat in his office, reading reports that come in by the hour. A monitor light at the corner of his desk flashed green, pressing a button under his desk, the room darkened. “Agent Carter!” A voice boomed from every direction.

A man sized hologram materialized in front of his desk. The man wore an ancient looking green cloak, his hood covering his face. Carter looked inside the hood, the dark obscuring Doom’s face made him feel as if he’d be sucked in. “Yes, Lord Doom. I have sent the mission reports from Valeria base. I assure you they are accurate.”

I’ve read it. They’re still pulling bodies from the wreckage.” His voice was sharp and authoritative. Carter never liked these meetings. Doom always made sure to maintain an aura of menace that he could never really get used to. Doom was hard to read, his actions always mysterious and lately more suspicious. “How did this happen, agent Carter? I have a general with his face burned off, Valeria base is destroyed and this War Machine says Genosha is breeding an army of genetic abominations!”

“Information on Genosha is sparse. We don’t know a lot about it. I’ve spoken to Iron Army high command they claim to know nothing about the attack or Genosha.”

Lies.” Doom crossed his arms around his chest and from what agent Carter could tell, he was peering straight through him. “Genosha is owned by Roxxon which is a division of Ferrum.”

Carter noticed his had shaking and clasped them together to stop it. “Wha— uh—hm.” Words wouldn’t come out of his mouth and he paused for a moment. He cleared his throat and struggled to look past Doom. “We are looking into it, Lord Doom.”

I want this problem solved, Agent Carter. You have this position because an ancestor of yours added me in the beginning of Latveria’s expansion. I hope you continue to be as useful.”

“Yes, Lord Doom.” The image in to room dissipated and the light returned to the room. Carter leaped from his desk, vomiting into the waste basket next to him.

“Director Carter!” said a female agent bursting into his office.

Carter clumsily rose back to his feet. The agent had short red hair and snow white skin. With her uniform she wore a pendent with the mask of Doctor Doom displayed that served only to upset him. “Agent Elise?” He said as he wiped his mouth.

“Colonel Danvers has brought the War Machine to the Geofront, and we also have news of a transaction between her and the mercenary Silver Sable.” The agent listed. “Our agents on the inside have also recorded a conversation between the Colonel and Shiver man.”

Carter nodded as the agent passed him a data pad. Carter put his holographic signature on the screen and scanned the information. Since the Chicago incident, Carol Danvers has decreased operations in North America and stepped up infiltration into South Africa, Western Asia and Madripoor. As he read on he grew more suspicious. “What was the nature of the transaction?”

Agent Elise stood at attention and answered,”She made contact with the Asgardian in Miami and had her assassin speak with Darius Stane without consulting Lord Doom. She’s also made moves with the growing rebellious climate in America.”

Carter put the pad onto the table and contemplated what he just read. “What do we make of this?”

Elise nodded. “If I may speak freely sir?”

“You may.”

“I think, Danvers has something planned. Something big sir.” The agent said sharply.

The Geofront:

In what remains of the Island of New Zealand, where the super villain Graviton had his last stand Victor Von Doom has in secret built a base inside the rock of the island. Stretching throughout the length of the base the Geofront holds several docking stations for transports in and out of the station. It holds furnished living quarters for shield troops and their families, research labs and even agricultural areas supported by an artificial atmosphere.

Protected by advanced weaponry and defense systems the Geofront is a floating fortress. Because of gravitational disruption that caused the island to float above the ocean the island interferes with the communications of any on coming craft, giving it a natural cover against surveillance technology.

“Augustus you should be getting ready.” Carol said, buttoning her uniform. She turns around as the door to her bathroom opened. Augustus Holland stepped out, fully dressed and headed toward Carol.

“I was ready thirty minutes ago, Colonel Danvers.” He said, he walked to her and put an arm around her waist, pulling her close to him.

“I slept like a rock.” Carol sighed, giving him a quick kiss on the lips before heading for the door. “Eighty years of sobriety out the window. We were a mess last night.”

They walked out of her quarters together, holding their heads up. They tried their best to look professional as they proceeded down the hallway. “How is your head?”

Carol took a deep breath,”Pounding.” she exhaled.

“I think we broke a few regs last night.” Augustus said under his breath.

“As your commanding officer I suggest you read up on the regulations on fraternization.” Carol said strictly as a group of agents walked past.

Augustus nodded. “Besides I’m still on medical leave.”

“Not anymore.” Carol corrected. “As of this morning you are officially reinstated. Prep your team, Commander Holland.”

“What about the, Rogers kid?”

Carol stepped in front of him. “I have to get him a substitute.”

“Where is the assignment?” Holland asked.

“New Latveria. You’ll be briefed on the situation when you land.”

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

great chapter

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By batkevin74

That's gold! Brilliant! Love it! When I am back online properly I shall post my bits that peripherally tie into this. Another great piece, I do like that Carol got some :)

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Time_Phantom

@joshmightbe: Thanks once I started it the words just flowed. I think this will be my last big shield story for a while. I still have Alan Bryce and his shadows in chicago I've done nothing with.Expect many more interesting stories by me in this universe you've created. I'm loving the freedom I have with my characters.

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Time_Phantom

@batkevin74: Thanks. I am looking forward to the return of Magni, Distain and whatever you have planned for Corporal America. Actually... I'm really looking into everyone's stuff, PrinceIMC's plots are amazing and Joshmightbe's characters are all memorable and can all easily have stories told with them. (Hardy and Creed are an instaread when I see them posted)

Oh, and of course Danvers "got some" ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batkevin74

Have you got plans for Perun?

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Time_Phantom

@batkevin Perun is free.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom: Sweet I've always like the Slavic god of thunder, may have something with him in my head

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Greta job! Is Agent Carter a realtion to Sharon?

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Time_Phantom

Yes he is. Not all shield agents stayed in north america like Carol Danvers. Some went and joined Doom as he was the only remaining threat to the Supreme Commander left. Thanks for reading.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74

Re-read this hoping for clues on Wide Awake....damn clever bastich!

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Time_Phantom

Oh come on I put like two little hints in here I'm sure.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom: Maybe you, maybe I missed them. I'm happy for the big reveal.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By batkevin74

Okay I re-read part 1, asides from the minor spelling mistake of added instead of aided @Time_Phantom said:

I want this problem solved, Agent Carter. You have this position because an ancestor of yours added me in the beginning of Latveria’s expansion. I hope you continue to be as useful.”

And that Danvers has something planned@Time_Phantom said:

Elise nodded. “If I may speak freely sir?”

“You may.”

“I think, Danvers has something planned. Something big sir.” The agent said sharply.

I'm still not sure what she, or you for that matter, are up too....KEEP IT UP! NICE WORK!!!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@time_phantom: Graviton destroyed New Zealand. Man I would loved to have seen that.