Marvel Iron Age: Hawkeye (Re-boot) #2

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

(Inspired by initial take on the Iron Age Hawkeye)

Anthony Salazar stood watching the armoured Iron Soldier flying towards him, hands ready to fire repulsor blasts at him. Anthony quickly unclipped his bow and knocked two arrows and fired. The arrows sunk into the repulsors ports and wedged into the hands of the soldier who howled in pain. Anthony’s smirk slowly evaporated as the soldier’s chest laser fired up. Anthony ran into the street, narrowly avoiding a hovertruck and dashed amongst the busy traffic. The soldier flew above the traffic and watched Anthony duck and weave.

The soldier radioed in his status as he snapped the arrows out of the gun ports. “This is Private Imus of the New York Iron Hall requesting backup. I have Anthony Salazar avoiding capture on West 183 Street. I am injured, subject is armed and dangerous!”

“Signal received Private Imus. Master Sergeant Toomes of Hunter division is on route with her squad. Track, contain, kill if able” came the response.

“Affirmative” Private Imus flew down to Anthony who was surfing on the roof of a cab, trying to escape “You are under arrest Salazar!”

“Catch me if you can!” laughed Anthony leaping off the cab and onto another going the opposite direction. Private Imus flew after Anthony and attempted to tackle him. Anthony easily ducked and leapt up onto his back, riding him like a bucking bronco.

“So why are you arresting me?”

“You’re a killer!” yelled Imus “You’ve robbed half a dozen food vendors, blew up a circus!”

“Would you believe it wasn’t me?” asked Anthony as he jumped off the soldier and caught the underside of hovertruck going the other way. Private Imus screeched to a halt and turned back after his quarry.

“HOVERTRUCK!” Imus’ voice roared through his suits amplification unit “STOP IN THE NAME OF THE SUPREME COMMANDER!”

The hovertruck driver complied and slowed his vehicle. Anthony dropped off and knocked another arrow.

“Look kid” said Anthony “I don’t want to kill you! I want to kill the guy who blew up my circus and killed my friends. Who you’re looking for is…”

“STOP IN THE NAME OF THE SUPREME COMMANDER!” barked Private Imus, his chest laser primed to fire. Anthony stared down the arrow “DROP THE WEAPON OR I WILL OPEN FIRE!”

“Kid…don’t make me kill you”

Thwack! Thwack! Two arrows shot through the eye slots of Private Imus’ helmet. Anthony had to make sure he hadn’t fired; he hadn’t the arrow was still drawn? He whirled to see himself standing on top of a nearby building.

“Hey bro!”

“Alex?”

“Who else could I be?” he laughed “You’re in a lot of trouble mister! Robbing, killing, general mayhem” Anthony loosed the arrow at his brother. Alex sneered and in a very ninja move, caught the arrow millimetres from his throat “That wasn’t very nice” Alex fired the arrow back, catching his brother through the thigh. Anthony screamed.

“See I’m the nice one. You aimed for my head” Alex looked down the road to see five Hunters gunning towards them “I’d love to stay and play catch up but you hate me and I really hate you! So get starked Anthony!” And with that he waved and disappeared from sight.

Anthony saw the Hunters heading his way. He spun his bow and clotheslined a passing hoverbike rider.

“Sorry man!” said Anthony as the man lay wheezing on the ground “But I really need this” He hopped on the hoverbike and roared off through the city, his thoughts churning. How was his identical twin still alive after all these years?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

This is building well, usually I'm wary of the whole evil twin thing but you seem to know what you're doing

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: Yeah I though that too, but it was hinted in the original run by so I kept it. Besides maybe Anthony is the evil twin....

Avatar image for redrobintimdrake
RedRobinTimDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RedRobinTimDrake

bump

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@batkevin74 said:

“See I’m the nice one. You aimed for my head” Alex looked down the road to see five Hunters gunning towards them “I’d love to stay and play catch up but you hate me and I really hate you! So get starked Anthony!” And with that he waved and disappeared from sight.

How was his identical twin still alive after all these years?

Very cool, I like the potential twist with the evil twin, or at the very least the bad one thinks he's the good one! Seems Iron Age New York is a dangerous bustling metropolis. Good job

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@4donkeyjohnson: NYC is a dangerous place, so I've heard. And I do like when bad guys think they're good guys

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Okay, I have part 3 worked out I'll get it written up and PM you with it before I post to make sure it doesn't get too far away from what you're planning for him but I honestly can't think of anything to do with his brother at the moment so I'll leave that to you and for now.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: No worries, read it, gave it an edit, post it :)

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

Casual bump