joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Stalker Creed 7, field journal : entry 5

Last night I had the most vivid dream I've ever had, an old woman standing front of a giant spider web spoke to me. She told me that I had important work to do. She knew I had grown to doubt Sinister's orders and of everything else that had occurred in the past few days. She told me I was more than just the Stalker and I needed to choose a new path. Before the dream went further I was awoken but the sound of heart beats. 3 were too fast to be human and the other 2 too slow. They'd masked their scent but I picked it up. The 3 rapid hearts were from other Stalkers though not Creeds like me, the other smelled familiar though I could not place it. The Stalkers were Thorns, terrible trackers but exceptional killers, their presence mean not only had Sinister decided to kill me but also he apparently thought very little of my abilities.

I waited for them to come, the first charged at me with abandon not noticing that I had switched my hard light projector to the blade and sliced her head off with a single motion. The other 2 were a bit smarter and attacked together, I swatted one away while the other tried to slash me with his claws so I kicked him away. The one on the ground tried to attack again so I snapped his neck, and was about to focus my attention on the last Thorn when one of the others showed up. It's 3 eyes reminded me who it was, Gremlin was a monster, huge with clawed feet and hands much stronger than me but no where near as fast, so I easily dodged his attack but unfortunately I jumped right into the grasp of the last member of the group, The Abomination, quite possibly the most physically powerful of all Sinister's creations as He squeezed my throat an idea occurred to me that might be enough to distract him. I pulled out my adamantium blade and stabbed by his heart and pulled out his tamer chip.

Abomination isn't very smart but even the dumbest of dogs knows it's leash when he sees it. Gremlin pounced as Abomination stood looking confused, the hideous creature started to tell me of The Creed who'd tracked me but turned to follow David after pointing them in my direction. He seemed to have more to say but was interrupted by the roar of the Abomination, he said 2 words, "Not Stupid! " I had no idea what it meant but the look on Gremlin's face spoke volumes. He was hurled into a large tree then Abomination was on him, Gremlin attempted to strike back but got his arm ripped off for his trouble. The ground shook with the impact of the Abomination's fists as he pounded on his head until it was no more. The last of the Thorns was long gone and I ran away to catch up to the Creed now following David, I quickly caught the scent but didn't pay as close attention as I should have. I ran as fast as my feet could carry me and finally saw the Creed and went to pounce.

He caught me mid air and hurled me away, He then walked over to me when I realized what he was, Creed Omega, the strongest of my kind, his speed was well beyond mine. I was no match for him. He kicked me in the face as I tried to stand, then picked me up by the neck and tossed me into the clearing. I landed at David's feet. He looked shocked but attempted to attack Omega himself but was knocked away without effort. I got to my feet and attempted to fire my repulser but he grabbed my arm and broke it before I had a chance and smacked my blade out of my other hand. He then grabbed me by the throat and began driving his fist into my face. When he was done he picked up my blade with every intention of finishing me off. As he lifted the blade he was distracted by a loud crash behind him. A large green hand grabbed Omega by the head and hurled him away. I didn't see where he landed but had no intention of waiting to find out.

I looked at the Abomination who simply stated, "We Even" and then walked away. I helped David to his feet and told him now was a good time to run. He ran as fast as he could as long as he could, I being slowed by my injuries only out ran him a little. He seemed bewildered so I told him I'd explain everything as soon as we found a safe place to rest.

David Hardy's voice journal

I thought I was in for just another uneventful day of walking and it was for the first hour or so, I was oblivious to the fact that a very large and violent creature called Creed Omega was following me until 7 landed at my feet. I tried to fight the guy who'd tossed him but I barely managed to annoy him, then he proceeded to soundly beat the living hell out of 7, I honestly thought I was going to have to watch 7 get murdered and was completely incapable of doing a damn thing about it. Then the big green monster showed up and threw Omega like he was a baseball, apparently he owed 7 a favor. Afterwards 7 dragged me to my feet and made me run. I kept it up as long as I could, when we finally stopped 7 was completely healed and I thought I'd die if I moved another step. He set a fire and cooked a quick meal out of what looked like some squirrels and set down to explain what was going on.

He told me that he'd been tracking me since I'd found the discs, and that the whole thing was a set up for Sinister to get some DNA samples from the powered spiders, 7 had abandoned his mission and now these Stalkers were out for his blood. I was angry at him at first but as he went on it became obvious that he had no choice in the matter and as soon as he did he choose to come back and help me. He told me all about Sinister and the Stalkers and the various other monsters Sinister's lab produced but the last thing he told me floored me. Madam Web appeared to him in a dream, I knew it was true because his description matched perfectly with the few people who she'd visited in their dreams, myself included the night before I'd gone into the city and found the discs, she has come to me in my dream and told me I'd bring the spiders something they could use against the Iron army. I had no idea what she meant at the time and after I'd found the discs I'd assumed they were it but now sitting here looking at the angry man across from me I realized she wanted me to find him and lead him to her.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceIMC

Sweeet.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@PrinceIMC: 7 is going to be working out some aggression for the next couple of chapters

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By batkevin74

To reply like Abomination "All good!"

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By tomdickharry1984

is that the same dudes from....yep they are

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By batkevin74

Answering your own questions :) Yeah that's Abomination and Gremlin, nice to see them out and about

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Well this may have been the last appearance of Gremlin unless you plan on cloning him