joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

David Hardy's voice journal

Sam was gone when I got up this morning, apparently 7 gave him some money and he went off to see the world that he'd been away from for so long. 7 was tinkering with the spare parts he'd bought from Morty, some of the kids from the camp were hanging around to see what he was doing and I went to talk to some friends I hadn't seen for awhile, I was looking forward to telling Ben all about what had been going on but he was still in New York, maybe I'll head that way next. Around noon Madam Web called 7 and I over to the place she was staying in, a beat up old saloon in the middle of town that was once a tourist attraction apparently. When we got there she was sitting at a table in the middle of the main room with Ben's little sister Drew, her dad and a woman I'd never met before. She looked just a little older than me but Madam Web said they'd been friends for more than 20 years. She introduced herself as Molly Creed, 7 looked stunned by this. She was the daughter of Victor Creed, the template for 7 and all the other Creeds.

She told 7 he had his eyes and that if it weren't for the orange hair he'd be the spitting image of her father. I'd heard stories about Victor Creed, used to call himself Sabertooth, seeing this woman talking about this guy with love in her eyes seemed weird to me, but then again I've often heard it said that even the hardest of men have a soft spot for their daughters. Molly told us that Madam Web had asked her to come so she could show 7 something, the Madam didn't tell us why but she rarely does but 7 considered it important. It was a letter Molly's father had written her before he'd disappeared, 7 read it thoroughly and then handed it back to her and walked out. I saw him a few hours later but he seemed to want to be alone with his thoughts.

A letter from Victor Creed to his daughter

Molly

This ain't an apology, I ain't sorry for what I did. I'm a killer that's who I am, it's what I do. I know you never saw that side of me, it's better that way, least one person will remember me fondly. Them tin soldiers that died today in our house, they knew what they were getting into when they signed on so I don't feel bad for doing what I did to them, just sorry you had to see it. I probably ain't coming home so there are some things I need you to know. I'm an old man, older than even I know and in my time I've done terrible things to a lot of people so whether I die or get tossed in some lab I deserve what's coming to me, probably worse, I played around with being a good guy a few times but I always came back to this. I guess that runt was right about me, after all ain't nobody that knew me better than him. There was a time when killing him was the thing I wanted most in the world till you came along, I can't explain it, you weren't my first kid but you were the only one I felt something about.

I don't know how long it was gonna last but I want you know I wanted it to be forever. I ain't gonna say anything has made up for the things I've done, I'm sure my seat in hell was reserved a long time before you were born, I just wanted you to know that you were the only good thing I ever had part in. Now I gotta go be a monster again, the spider lady will take care of you, I ain't one for writing so I hope this made sense to you. I know you won't understand this now but I'm not one to run from a fight, that's why I gotta go cause in the end you gotta remember Creeds don't take nothing lying down. I'll miss ya girl

Dad

Creed 7, field journal

Victor Creed was a monster, that was all there was to him, that's what Sinister pounded into our heads. We were from him so we all were animals just like him, no heart, no soul, no emotion. How could this beast be a loving dad, even he admits he was a cold blooded killer. That woman in there, his daughter doesn't see the monster, how could she not? Every historical document about him shows the horrors he's done, and yet this letter, this short poorly written letter breaks holes through everything I've known since I came to be.

After I read it I took a long walk but eventually I came back to that saloon, Molly still sat there next to Madam Web. I sat down and looked at her for a long while, I could see the resemblance, she had the long blonde hair and blue eyes even teeth like him and so many of the Creeds. We talked for hours, I was awe struck as she told me how this monster I had descended from would play with her, and took her camping and tucked her in for the night. The only hint she'd ever had about his past were the stories he'd told her of his fights with the man called Wolverine. Her last memory wasn't of some terrible beast but her father fighting to save her. I knew he didn't die in combat, in fact he'd been alive up till 2 years ago locked in Sinister's lab being used to create my kind. I chose not to tell her that. Maybe Victor had changed for good, maybe he was done being a killer when those Iron soldiers showed up to take his daughter. He never got a chance to find out. So what am I supposed to do with this information? I asked Madam Web but all she would say was that it would help me find my way. Now I understood what David meant about her frustrating wisdom.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

The next 3 chapters will have some action in them

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By batkevin74

Nice

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: I was intending for Molly to have a bigger role later, and there will be an explanation as to why Sabertooth was actually becoming a decent person because of her