joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe
The Journal of Lilandra Neramani  

I fear this may be my last entry, a rumor has sprung up among the people that the Silver man has been sighted. They say he is one of the most powerful of Galactus's heralds. D'ken has dismissed the threat believing wholeheartedly that his Gladiator could stop any threat he may present, despite all our concerns the emperor ignores us keeping his focus on that damnable crystal. Even the Gladiator has expressed concern over D'ken's obsession. He has exiled our sister Cal'syee for daring to question his goal. I fear if the Silver man sightings are false my sister's exile will bring great strife, she being the eldest child would've been in line for the throne if not for her deformity and has always felt D'ken's ascension was unjust and as our Emperor's madness  increases more and more people have begun to agree with her. May Sharra protect us for it seems the Shi'ar Empire is destined to suffer.  

Nova Centurion 44765 (Rhoman Dey) Personal Journal 

I believe this emperor D'ken is going to be the death of his people, he has stripped most of his defenses to put on a quest for a jewel that no one has seen since before the Skrull and Kree went to war, if it ever existed at all. He has placed the fate of his entire empire in the hands of one lone untested warrior, yes this Gladiator is powerful beyond measure but he has only been in combat once facing off against a fleet who had no way of knowing what they faced. I know the Kree well, they will come back and they will be prepared when they do. D'ken seems to forget the methods used to make this Gladiator were invented by the Kree and they don't tend to take things like this well. I don't even want to know the horrors that would occur if the Skrull obtained this knowledge.  

The Journal of Emperor D'ken 

The search for the mighty M'krann crystal goes well, despite those plotting against my rule I have managed to deliver my people a savior in my Gladiator and as soon as I have the crystal I will return my people to our former glory. I will have the Kree and Skrull groveling in slave pits. My sister Cal'syee has betrayed me with her blasphemous speeches causing people to doubt my sanity, even going so far as to appeal to the heretical  cult of the Phoenix for aid. I have exiled the whole lot of them. Disloyalty will not be tolerated.  

Gladiator's log 

My emperor has placed a great responsibility on me, I have been named praetor of the Shi'ar empire and charged with it's protection. The emperor's sister has ordered me to recruit an Imperial Guard to aid me. I began my Recruitment drive among a group of Shi'ar born with abilities that set them apart from the rest. Some fear them and have asked me to look elsewhere but a wise leader knows that it is better to have these people on my side than as my enemies. the first member of my guard is a woman named Sybill who has taken the code name Oracle. She is a powerful telepath which I suspect will be helpful in finding other properly loyal members. I have heard rumors of what is called the Silver man being sighted, my Emperor seems to firmly believe that this Herald of Galactus is no challenge for me. While his confidence in me fills me with pride I have to admit, if half the stories of this Silver man are true then facing him will be more dangerous than taking on the whole of the Kree empire.
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator
@joshmightbe: Wow! You have done a great job with these characters. Especially the dialogue, even though they're not speaking to each other. But the journals have said it all. Nice!. 

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine Chapter 1 is already up.
feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By feebadger

This is really nice, intriguing work joshmightbe. Is there a part three coming soon?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@feebadger: well at the moment I have a full slate of fan fic projects I'm currently running the Iron Age group and doing Superman and Etrigan for the 5th world order group so it won't be soon