Marvel Genesis: Silver Surfer part 1

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

My name is Norrin Radd, I was once a citizen of the pacifist world of Zenn La. At one time my home world was the most advanced in the whole of the universe, my people were possibly the most content people to have ever existed with one exception. I had been afflicted with a wander lust that was highly uncommon among my people. Despite my desire to explore the stars I wasn't unhappy. I loved a woman named Shalla Bal, infact my love for her brought me to make the choice to become what I am. The world devourer Galactus had been considered a myth until the day he arrived with his Herald known a Tyrant. The thought of my beloved and my people dying in this way was simply unacceptable to me so I choose to plead with the Destroyer himself. I had been building a ship in secret with hopes of leaving my world but had abandoned the idea, but now I used it to meet my future master. I made a bargain to save my world I would be his Herald, At first Tyrant was opposed to the idea but he had little choice in the matter.  

That was a very long time ago, my people are long since extinct, now Galactus has his own personal army of heralds in constant search of new worlds to devour. Currently, I'm watching the "mighty" Emperor of the Skrull empire  beg Tyrant to once again turn our master away from his precious Empire, this isn't the first time. Tyrant has become quite successful from worlds willing to do anything to keep us away, in fact he's even gone so far as to take whole worlds as payment for this service. Lord Galactus doesn't seem to care about this practice so long as it doesn't interfere with his meals.  

Tyrant takes particular pleasure in having kings and emperors beg at his feet, it sickens me to see the groveling. As time goes by more and more I find myself wondering why I keep doing this, my world has been gone for eons. Is it because it is all I know? or perhaps the knowledge that I do serve a higher purpose? I do not share the greed of Tyrant, nor the apparent sadism of my fellow heralds Terrax and Morg. Would Galactus even allow me to leave if I chose to? I was the second herald ever and I've never once seen one leave the service of our master or even express the desire to do so. I believe I would miss my lord Galactus in some way if I left, we've had many conversations, I know he has no joy in what he does. He loathes the constant hunger that drives him. In some ways I pity him because no matter how many heralds he takes he will be forever alone.  

I left the meeting, I could no longer tolerate it. Now I stand on my board entering the atmosphere of Chandilar the throne world of the Shi'ar empire to once again futilely ask a race to leave their home world to avoid death at my master's hands.   

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator
@joshmightbe: Dude, this is a great chapter. Your writing skills are very good. Plus, I can't wait to read more of the Silver Surfer. Cool dude! 
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe
@The Impersonator: There is a lot of room for improvement but thanks for the support