Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By nomadicxnightmare

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis Presents: 

Venom in Arrival - Part 2

Rating: M

Chapter Two

“And that’ll wrap up another addition of DBMG nightly news. Tune in tomorrow for the latest from the Bugle. Goodnight.”

“We’re off the air Brock. See you tomorrow.”

Edward Brock closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair. Beads of sweat ran down his forehead as the spotlights blazed down on his. He took a deep breath and finally got to his feet.

‘I’m never going to get used to this.’ He thought.

He gathered up his notes and loosened the tie around his neck. Edward had been working in front of the camera for nearly three months now. It was still nerve wracking to think of all the viewers watching him at 8:00PM sharp every night. Granted he did love the attention. It was about time his ship came in after scrapping a living together as a journalist for years. This was exactly the career opportunity he had dreamed of.

“Brock, there’s someone here to see you in your office.”

He nodded to the crewman and exited the studio. The hall was practically alive with the amount of Bugle employees rampaging through. ‘Always a crisis’ Edward thought. He waded through the herd of bodies, dodging journalists and the occasional intern and finally arriving at his office door. He placed his hand over the doorknob and stopped, taking a moment to admire the nameplate tacked to the door.

Edward Brock - Anchorman

He smiled smugly. Practically overnight he had become the face of the Daily Bugle Media Group.  as he opened the door, his smile only widening when he saw his visitor.

“I guess I was a little late to see you in action.”

His wife, Ann, shot him a coy wink while she leaned against the front of his desk. She was heavy with child, but still a vision of loveliness.

Edward tossed his notes on an empty chair and closed the door behind him. “That you did baby. I think this was my best night yet.”

She gave him a knowing look of disbelief as he walked over to her. He wrapped his arms around her waist as she did around his neck and they kissed. Ann looked directly into his eyes. “Do you still not like the job Eddie?”

Edward broke from the embrace and walked around to his desk chair “Of course I like the job! Why wouldn’t I?” He took a seat and spun around to face her. “This is a dream come true Ann.”

She smirked and walked around behind his desk, sitting herself down across his lap. “You’re not convincing me here Eddie.”

“Baby, this job is the best thing to happen to my career. It’s good for us. When the baby comes I’ll have the money coming in to support us. Maybe we can even afford that condo you’ve been eying for the last couple of months. Who knows? The point is we’re golden!”

Ann just smiled “You can lie to me all you want Eddie, but I think you still miss that photographer gig.”

Edward snorted and turned his head from Ann “Are you kidding? I’d never go back to that crap job. Living paycheck to paycheck. Never knowing when you were gonna find a pink slip on your desk. No one caring about the work you do.”

She laughed softly. “You are such a liar. I know you enjoyed it. You loved being out in the field. It was exciting to you. I remember that time you got to meet Tony Stark. You became such an Iron Man fanboy after that.”

Edward couldn’t help but laugh. “Ok, that not fair. It was freakin’ Tony Stark! The man is a just awesome! Everything he’s done. Absolutely amazing.” He looked into his wife’s deep blue eyes and felt himself crack. “Alright, alright. What do you want me to say Ann? Sure, I miss being out on the front lines. I miss seeing the stories as they happen. It was exciting at times. Well, at least more exciting then reading off a teleprompter like I do now. They won’t let me touch field reporting. A damn monkey could do my job, I swear”

“Do you want to quit? Go back to being freelance?”

Edward shook his head. “No. Despite my bitching this is for the best. And hey, on the bright side now all of New York knows my face. You’re married to a big shot celebrity now.”

She laughed again “True. And there’s something about a big shot celebrity that is really sexy. You know…”

The office door burst open and an out of breath intern stood in the doorway. “Mr. Brock! I’m so sorry to disturb you but… but…”

Edward slid Ann off his lap and jumped to his feet. “What’s going on kid? Spit it out.”

The intern tried as hard as he could between breaths “There was a crash… a few miles away… Some kinda military aircraft… nobody’s seen anything like it!”

Edward’s eyes got wide, his mind racing. “Get a camera crew together and meet me downstairs! YESTERDAY!” The intern nodded and bolted from the doorway. Edward grabbed his jacket from the wall. 

“Eddie, what are you…?”

Edward gave Ann a quick goodbye kiss. “This is it baby! This is my chance to get back into the thick of it! Don’t wait up for me, I’ll be home late.”  

End Chapter Two

VENOM AND ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS USED ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, THIS IS JUST AN IDEA OF MY PROPERTY THAT IS COMPLETELY SEPARATE TO MARVEL INC
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator
@nomadicxnightmare
No Caption Provided
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

I really like this idea so far. Especially the twist on Eddie's career and Ann's being pregnant. If Eddie becomes Venom as expected, I'm thinking this will follow the original intended origin for Venom, with a person's child dying? It's obviously your thing, but I'm just speculating before I read the next. Great stuff. 

Avatar image for nomadicxnightmare
nomadicxnightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nomadicxnightmare
@InnerVenom123: Your speculation is quite astute sir! I've got some ideas still milling around in my head, but you can be sure there will be personal tragedy in store for Brock on the home front soon enough... Bwahahaha! 
Avatar image for nomadicxnightmare
nomadicxnightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nomadicxnightmare

Added cover art courtesy of the VERY talented DomDom!

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By moviegeek17

very nice cover and another awesome chapter!

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

sweet, I sent you a @nomadicxnightmare said:

@InnerVenom123: Your speculation is quite astute sir! I've got some ideas still milling around in my head, but you can be sure there will be personal tragedy in store for Brock on the home front soon enough... Bwahahaha!

@nomadicxnightmare: sweet, I sent you a pm about maybe collaborating on something talk to me when you get a chance.